vh1 classics does play alot of Depeche Mode

Discussion for Depeche Mode, and Depeche Mode related topics.

Postby Akane » Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:03 am

I know I said this before but I remember everyone unhappy that MTV never plays any Depeche Mode. Well VH1 Classics actually plays a nice amount constantlly. And I just went on the Vh1 Classic boards and people there are tired of seening DM, well as the Cure, U2, R.E.M. Someone even thought DM as a Tiger Beat version of alternative. Calling them pretty boys wearing black. and thinking their fans are teenagers buying their albums in hordes.DM can never win. To us Dm is scarce and unknown and deserves more play. And on Vh1 classics they are "overplayed" and considered like the regular MTV overplays their Britney Spears, Limp Bizkit. I find it a bit funny
in away but it is sad though.
Akane
sort of read the F.A.Q.

Postby NICHI » Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:04 am

Not played as much on VH-1 classic here though....

...However, JCGE was the first song on yesterday morning when I got up!!

So you never know, a DM resurgence may be about to happen!
NICHI
DMMB Elder

Postby Akane » Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:11 am

I know, the UK version doesn't play DM,shame. i hope yours becomes like ours causes you can request videos on the all request hour.
Akane
sort of read the F.A.Q.

Postby Darkroom » Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:15 am

Well I'd never be sick of a channel palying DM and the Cure and REM etc...

And I'd still sell my soul to see VH1 or this Classic thing you're talking about... I'v eenver seen VH1 in my whole life, only heard of it... We only get bad mainstream channels, never classics Image
Darkroom

Postby synthetikmess » Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:19 am

I watch VH1 classic all of the time! I see DM a lot. Just the other day they played "Get The Balance Right" and "People are People" back to back. I'd say they play a DM video about twice a week.
synthetikmess

Postby arden » Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:33 am

@Darkroom, you'd better sit and follow DeeJay with attention. Lots of DM there!
arden

Postby Darkroom » Thu Sep 25, 2003 12:33 pm

@arden, I can't believe it! Deejay is the most posh-dance radio station in Italy, I think they're TV must be the same... Anyway we get it only via satellite, which is not too common... I do have it since a few months ago but Deejay changed frequency so i lost it (and didn't care Image). And I hardly ever watch tv anyway... If i happen to be in the right position I'll give it a try.

Been really ages since I saw a DM video.

And I want VH1 anyway.
Darkroom

Postby arden » Thu Sep 25, 2003 12:44 pm

@ Darkroom, I don't have DeeJay TV too and I watch it only when I'm at my friend's home. There is much shit there but watching it only from time to time I have seen Everything Counts, PoT and I Need you twice there. i think it's not soo bad.
arden

Postby halo2148 » Thu Sep 25, 2003 3:10 pm

isn't it funny how most people think of dm as a teeny bopper band!!!! play them the barrel of a gun video once and that will set them straight!
halo2148
DMMB Survivor

Postby JaveDMode » Sat Sep 27, 2003 11:42 am

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by synthetikmess:
I watch VH1 classic all of the time! I see DM _a lot_. Just the other day they played "Get The Balance Right" and "People are People" back to back. I'd say they play a DM video about twice a week.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Twice a week is considered a lot??
JaveDMode

Location: A cold black room, shadowed by a veil of gloom... Houston, Texas, U.S.A.

Next

Return to Depeche Mode Related