Trouble Finding That Someone

Discussion for Depeche Mode, and Depeche Mode related topics.

Postby dmfan1 » Sun Aug 24, 2003 11:58 pm

This may seem a little off the wall but here goes. Is it just me or does anyone else have trouble finding someone who likes the same band/music (in my case DM). And I am talking about finding a significant other. I have yet to meet a girl that I have been interested in who likes Depeche Mode's music, let alone even know who they are. There are tons of DM fans out there, but they must not live anywhere near me. I know a relationship shouldn't be based on music and I'm not suggesting that, but I would like to find someone who has heard of "Black Celebration". Anyways, just wondering if anyone else has the same problem.
dmfan1

Postby Ilse101 » Mon Aug 25, 2003 12:06 am

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dmfan1:
This may seem a little off the wall but here goes. Is it just me or does anyone else have trouble finding someone who likes the same band/music (in my case DM). And I am talking about finding a significant other. I have yet to meet a girl that I have been interested in who likes Depeche Mode's music, let alone even know who they are. There are tons of DM fans out there, but they must not live anywhere near me. I know a relationship shouldn't be based on music and I'm not suggesting that, but I would like to find someone who has heard of "Black Celebration". Anyways, just wondering if anyone else has the same problem.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes I think so, there aren't many people my age that like DM or that have even heard of DM, my ex bf liked DM but he was more into The Smiths and he only knew a few DM songs. It's kinda nice though to be with someone who likes the same music as you do (hehe not as many fights in the car when listening to each other's music) Image
Ilse101
DMMB Elder

Postby kilkennycat » Mon Aug 25, 2003 1:04 am

yep, you're not the only one. i gave up trying to find someone with similar music tastes. it just wasn't working lol
kilkennycat
DMMB Survivor

Postby volvo99 » Mon Aug 25, 2003 1:13 am

That's because all the really good looking girls listen to the Eagles...
volvo99

Postby Ilse101 » Mon Aug 25, 2003 1:28 am

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by volvo99:
That's because all the really good looking girls listen to the Eagles...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
LOL yeah and the hot looking guys listen to Morrissey and RATM (I speak for myself) Image
Ilse101
DMMB Elder

Postby NICHI » Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:47 am

I dont have trouble finding them, its keeping them i cant seem to do....

Nearly all the guys I have been serious with have liked DM, not loved them,,,but its better than nowt!

Maybe I shouldnt scream Dave every time we are getting jiggy with it....

HMMmmmmmmm!!!!
NICHI
DMMB Elder

Postby Gyrlpower26 » Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:51 am

@dmfan1: I suffer from the same problem. It's hard for me to find a guy who likes DM..and next to impossible to find a person who knows all of the band members names! Image It would be nice to hook up with someone who has great musical taste.
Gyrlpower26

Postby dEpEchEmIND » Mon Aug 25, 2003 7:00 am

Maybe next year when I'll go to a DM party I'll find myself a boyfriend! What can be nicer than that?!!! Image
But, who will look at me? Image
dEpEchEmIND

Postby Bong13NC » Mon Aug 25, 2003 7:16 am

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NICHI:

Maybe I shouldnt scream Dave every time we are getting jiggy with it....

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or find a guy named Dave.

Or make him change his name to Dave.

Bong13NC

Postby NICHI » Mon Aug 25, 2003 7:30 am

@Bong13NC

HAHAHAAHA

I could do that, but I still would maybe have to get them to change their middle names to God too!
NICHI
DMMB Elder

Next

Return to Depeche Mode Related