to all those who went to see MLG show(s)

A forum for Martin's "Counterfeit2" project. Please post Depeche Mode threads in the Depeche Mode forum.

Postby Dusya » Mon May 19, 2003 5:33 am

so what can you all tell about your experience, to sum up the show(s)?
I know it's been discussed many times, but anyway - now as some time passed I want to see if your thoughts are still the same Image
(or maybe I just want to talk about it again and again Image)

for me - it was the best thing I've ever experienced (I'm not exaggerating).
to be honest, I was expecting much from Martin - but he surpassed all my high expectations!
the music, the sound, Martin's vocals, an atmosphere - everything was fantastic.

I definitely want another Martin Gore solo (tour) Image
Dusya
DMMB Elder

Postby concerthead » Mon May 19, 2003 5:57 am

I thought it was incredible too...even better than any of the dM shows I attended. Maybe because it was so much intimate, in that small venue, with all those hardcore fans aroung singing along...
It was perfect. I mean it. Image
concerthead

Postby concerthead » Mon May 19, 2003 6:03 am

"aroung"
...the shortcomings of learning Russian - you forget your own damn alphabet Image ...and type g instead of d on a regular basis Image
concerthead

Postby WayneUK » Mon May 19, 2003 6:31 am

It was good. It was not a patch on a DM gig, but it was enjoyable and much better than I expected.

I really enjoyed most of the C2 stuff live, but that has ruined the album for me totally as it sounds totally lifeless compared to the live versions.

Will be interesting to see how Dave and his set up differs and compares.
WayneUK

Postby Dusya » Mon May 19, 2003 8:43 am

hehe Concerthead Image

modeontheroad - it's weird (maybe not) but for me concert didn't ruin the album - otherwise, I love it even more now Image

don't you guys think Martin was brilliant as a 'frontman'? in fact I think he was really enjoying it; and it was so surprising, because I always thought Martin wouldn't feel comfortable making a whole show on his own...
(that prooves once again we (I) absolutely don't know what's on his mind and what to expect from him Image)
Dusya
DMMB Elder

Postby concerthead » Mon May 19, 2003 12:38 pm

I expected him to be somewhat uncomfortable too - and was surprised at his being so little self-conscious and so taken by his performance.
I guess he took me by surprise because I actually expected him try to do a Dave Gahan type of act - and I didn't picture him rocking the microphone and throwing his clothes aroung Image
concerthead

Postby 14dmode » Mon May 19, 2003 5:22 pm

Martin put on one hell of a show for everybody for both L.A. nights. I can't remember leaving a show and having the feeling I had on May 6th.

He simply blew me away, and I've been going to DM shows since '86. I think part of it was the intimate setting - a club which held such a small number of people. Even my wife who has liked DM for only 10 years (the duration of our marriage!) felt the same way after the show, and was glad that Martin put such a smile on my face. Shake the Disease almost brought me to tears - when's the last time we heard THAT live?

101 was awesome on different levels. Martin's shows were in a class by themselves.
14dmode

Postby IFeeILoved » Tue May 20, 2003 3:23 am

I absolutely loved C2 live. Martin is a genius, he's simply perfect. But seeing Martin live ruined one thing I thought nobody would take away from me - Depeche Mode. I always considered myself Depeche Mode fan, now I think I've always been Martin L. Gore's fan. I might sound crazy or selfish or whatever but I want Depeche Mode to split. Martin is much better on his own.
IFeeILoved

Postby WayneUK » Tue May 20, 2003 3:33 am

Martin is better on his own??????? That is some statement.
WayneUK

Postby concerthead » Tue May 20, 2003 3:34 am

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Martin is much better on his own.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's less commercial on his own. Just like Dave will be MORE commercial on his own.
concerthead

Next

Return to Martin L. Gore - Counterfeit2