Depeche mode fans in London...

Discussion for Depeche Mode, and Depeche Mode related topics.

Postby icesharp » Tue Mar 18, 2003 7:16 am

Hello there !

Well, are there some - I mean, depeche is not so popular and never has really been in the Uk - let's be modest and say...any ?

I have often wondered where to find them ( must be some kind of disappearing species Image
...or would they just be gothic and new wave lovers...I'd love to meet true fans ( which means: people able to talk about something different than Dave's butt, lol ).

Well, let's see how the topic goes...suspense...

Of body and mind.
icesharp

Postby JSJ » Tue Mar 18, 2003 7:26 am

Me Image

------------------------------
"What d'you want to do then, what shall we do?"
JSJ

Postby icesharp » Tue Mar 18, 2003 7:47 am

Urk, Hi.

That is just like two of us.I am 28, do You know many other fans, any clubs in London ?

Any Depeche modettes, lol ?

Of body and mind.
icesharp

Postby Martyn Maguire » Tue Mar 18, 2003 8:07 am

We are out there, but just well hidden and only come out after the sun sets.

Hopefully there will be more DM parties in London and more DM fans come along each time.
Martyn Maguire

Postby icesharp » Tue Mar 18, 2003 8:23 am

Sounds like You are "the dead of night".Image

Are You in the zombie room, lol ?

Do You mean parties in places like "gossips" in central London ?

I am surprised to find out that no proper DM association is live and well ( in London I mean ).

Of body and mind.
icesharp

Postby Martyn Maguire » Tue Mar 18, 2003 8:56 am

No it just feels that way sometimes Image

Yes I was talking about Gossips, I think they are trying to do more nights like that.

But associations, not that I am aware of, are you trying to do something like that yourself?

You could also come down to the Client nights (first Thursday of every month) a few DM go there.

Writing this while playing Cunterfeit 2, with cheery titles like 'In My time Of Dying' and I Cast A Lonesome Shadow' rolling through my head Image
Martyn Maguire

Postby Martyn Maguire » Tue Mar 18, 2003 8:59 am

OH SHIT should have been COUNTERFEIT SORRY Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Martyn Maguire

Postby icesharp » Tue Mar 18, 2003 9:54 am

Well well...that doesn't tell me much.

Client ?Bah, that would be too much of devotion, lol.One doesn't have to listen to client just because Fletcher signed them.Image

How would You spot them anyway ( don't say "white& tight levis with a dodgy leather jacket, shoulder pads and hairspray a la Gahan, lol ) ?

I reckon we should all mail each other and create a depeche mailing list in London, viral market it with our signature on posts all over, that would work.

Counterfeit 2 ?I decided not to listen to any mp3 untill I buy it ( want to keep it fresh, and digest it as a whole, like all DM cds ).same for Dave !Image

So You know of no one in London apart from people gathering in parties.Sad that, considering they are a UK band, sniiif, booooohooo.Image

Of body and mind.
icesharp

Postby Martyn Maguire » Tue Mar 18, 2003 10:03 am

Well I was just giving you a few ideas, where fans hang out and talk DM and yes your right, you don't have to listen to Client just because Fletch signed them.

Well you are free to e-mail me anytime if you want to shoot the breeze about DM, yes it is sad been a fan for soooo long but only a few of my friends actually like them.

And I didn't say I was playing MP3 soundbites of Counterfeit 2 Image (spelt it right this time Image)

Oh and welcome to the board
Martyn Maguire

Postby Phil Eaton » Tue Mar 18, 2003 4:49 pm

There is a whole host of us that meet up regularly and have recently started hitting the european party circuit (ie Hamburg and Brussels)

The names to look for are me, kicsigomba, kirsty, viol8tor, debidm, chalky, kaf to name a few....

then there are plenty from further afield such as billybob, zombie room, ultrablack the DUB.

We are all out here....we do visit gossips, also been known to frequent slimelight and atomic.
Music tastes are too varied to list and thats just for me!!!!!!!

Oh and by the way....when we party....WE PARTY! Our reputation is starting to precede us wherever we go!!!!

Image Image

To my surprise, with half closed eyes, things looked even better than when they were open....
I'm waiting for the night to fall
I know that it will save us all
Phil Eaton
DMMB Survivor

Next

Return to Depeche Mode Related