Sept 24-Santa Barbara, CA- Santa Barbara Bowl

Discuss all topics related to the Delta Machine Tour

Sept 24-Santa Barbara, CA- Santa Barbara Bowl

Postby Pelicanito » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:23 am

Post here about roll calls, travel or venue information; general comments about this concert, etc.

(No SB thread yet? w-o-w)
I don't care if you're going nowhere
just take good care of the world FFS
Pelicanito

Postby ShockoZulu » Wed May 01, 2013 12:51 am

Pelicanito wrote:Post here about roll calls, travel or venue information; general comments about this concert, etc.

(No SB thread yet? w-o-w)

I'm going. Taking a cab. If you drive there is plenty of parking on the street instead of the lot. We also have a sound curfew, that's the reason we lost an encore when the power went out during ToTU
ShockoZulu

Postby Pelicanito » Wed May 01, 2013 1:40 am

ShockoZulu wrote:I'm going. Taking a cab. If you drive there is plenty of parking on the street instead of the lot. We also have a sound curfew, that's the reason we lost an encore when the power went out during ToTU

This is the gig I would have liked to attend, but didn't see graduation coming this month and that made me spent all of my savings. Oh well... have fun!
I don't care if you're going nowhere
just take good care of the world FFS
Pelicanito

Postby readingjess » Wed May 01, 2013 2:46 pm

I've got a GA ticket for this show,so excited,looks like a great venue for my first ever DM concert!
I'll make your visions sing
readingjess

Postby wsdavies » Wed May 01, 2013 6:44 pm

I have my 2 GA tickets for SB. Will be there with my bro. I was at the 09 show too...wish we would have gotten an encore :)
wsdavies

Postby wsdavies » Wed May 01, 2013 6:52 pm

BTW...it's an amazing venue IMHO
wsdavies

Postby ShockoZulu » Thu May 02, 2013 2:57 am

wsdavies wrote:BTW...it's an amazing venue IMHO

Agreed. I love The Bowl. To be in such a small intimate outdoor venue with a band like Depeche Mode is a real treat. Growing up here I've seen some greats acts and yet to be disappointed. I remember as a child seeing Peter, Paul and Mary here. You felt like you were being sung to personally. The only venue close to this is the Greek in Los Angeles. Add the fact you are in the city's residential district, not cut off in a niche like the Staples Center, adds to this feeling as you come in even before the concert.

For the first time I acted like this ticket was a requirement and saved up accordingly even before the venues were announced. One rarely gets the chance to see an arena band up close and personal. It's a real joy I only get the chance rarely.

I was lucky enough to get a ticket in the H section but being the size any seat is good. You aren't going to be separated like the nosebleeds in larger venues.
ShockoZulu

Postby efetch » Thu May 02, 2013 5:00 am

It really is a fantastic venue. I was fortunate enough to see DM on the last tour when they came to the bowl. Was right up front, great experience. Saw New Order here as well a couple of weeks ago. Amazing place for a concert and extremely preferable to seeing a show at a place like Staples. Have GA for this show and Vegas and am extremely excited.
efetch

Postby Sr. Night » Thu May 02, 2013 9:41 am

Me +1 have GA tickets. This is the show I'm looking forward to most (except for Nice next Saturday).
You can’t think your way into doing the right thing.
Sr. Night
DMMB Member

Postby readingjess » Sat May 04, 2013 4:01 am

What time do people start lining up for this show for the GA?
I'll make your visions sing
readingjess

Next

Return to Delta Machine Tour 2013-2014