May 28 & 29 London, United Kingdom- O2 Arena

Discuss all topics related to the Delta Machine Tour

May 28 & 29 London, United Kingdom- O2 Arena

Postby d1modehead » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:21 am

Hey people, last time I saw Mode was December '09 at the O2. Fan from about '85....tattoos and all and Really looking forward to this tour.

Ive been around the DM site since the old days of the Java DM Chat client which was buggy as hell and kept kicking people out! my old name on there....D1

ANNNNYYWAYYYY......I will be travelling from the SOuthampton area to London on the 29th for the gig and wondered if anyone was fairly local and would like to share a car / petrol / day in London!?

If I go by car it'll be M3, M25.
By train it will be Eastleigh, SOuthampton, Basingstoke.....all the way to Waterloo.

I plan on spending the day visiting old haunts in Camden, Oxford Circus, Soho etc just having a nice day out before the gig....

So, anyone up for a partner??
d1modehead

london 02 whats the drill

Postby matthew andrews » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:25 pm

as this is the first dm concert ive attended, what the drill? I know it starts at 6:30. but what's the routine? I have a seated ticket. do i arrive an hour before? whos the support act, how long are they on for. how longs the gig. is there an after party. what's the dress code? help needed!
Peeeeeeeeeeace wiiiiiilllll cooooooome tooooo meeeee!!!!.
underated!
matthew andrews
DMMB Survivor

Postby DeVoteD » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:15 pm

Just wear what you want Matthew! Unless you want to see the support act (I don't... as they are usually $hite) get there within half an hour of doors opening ..grab a beer ...buy a t-shirt, programme ...chill out!!!

BTW... Are you going to the Leeds Arena gig in November?
Tonight I'm in the hands of fate......
DeVoteD

Postby adriangreen » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:24 pm

Firstly, you can get the Thames Clipper Boat (with optional glass of champagne on board) to the O2 from various piers in the city or get the train to Royal Victoria Station on the DLR and come across to the O2 on the cable car (just to add a bit of fun to an otherwise boring trip if you're planning to come on the underground).

There will probably be a meet up for a beer before the gig, last time it was at The Slug & Lettuce inside the dome itself. It did get a bit packed, if enough people have Sky TV we could change that to the Sky Backstage bar, the drinks are the same price and they limit the capacity. Anyway, just putting that idea out there.

With a reserved seat you don't need to panic about the time you take your seat.

There are at least two after parties, one inside the dome and one at The London Stone near Cannon Street Station, I believe both are running both nights in May. Not sure about November yet, I've not looked.

There's no dress code and the O2 Arena isn't one of those venues that gets really hot but a t-shirt from a previous tour (older the better) is always a winner.

Might see you there.
Lord Wildermort ... must never be named.

Tigeraffiti - wear it well
adriangreen

Postby dannyhunt999 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:23 am

Hi there,
last time DM played at the O2m it was the first night the arena opened a few years back ('06), the fan club took over a bar across the road for the day, for meet n greets before the concert, i dont remember the name of the bar though! could anyone help?! cheers
dannyhunt999

Postby d1modehead » Sat May 04, 2013 10:08 pm

Last time they played the O2 was 2009!! I was there! :)
d1modehead

Postby alomie » Mon May 06, 2013 7:57 pm

Me and my mum are going to be there on the 29th, It'll be my 3rd Depeche Mode Gig and my mums 6th or 7th? We're going to be getting a hotel (not 100% sure which yet, but if you've got one booked we could also book there).... We are heading up early afternoon to London town so, if anyone fancies meeting us for a drink and a bite before we all head to the O2, let me know, well up for it! If not then we will meet you all in the slug and lettuce in the O2...

Unfortunately we don't have sky, so I can't get into the vip bar... but yeah!
alomie

Postby Mode Emu » Mon May 06, 2013 8:04 pm

I was at the o2 last time in Dec 2009. Roll on May 29th!

I'll actually be coming up from Basingstoke the afternoon of the 29th for the concert, not sure what time as I've got to drive over from Luxembourg first.... Meeting a friend in Greenwich, got a hotel room booked there too so maybe we'll be around for a drink before and after. Providing I don't pass out from exhaustion after being up for 18 hours and driving way too far!
Mode Emu
DMMB Survivor

Postby kada101 » Tue May 07, 2013 4:03 am

First time was in 2009 in my city (Lima) this time I´m going to see them in their very own land (can´t believe it!) will be my first time in the UK. I got tickets for the 29th, but will be around on the 28th to feel the "London mode", see the fans and wait for them to arrive. That´s my plan so far...yayyyy
kada101

Postby Pizza Freak » Sun May 12, 2013 1:23 pm

Tickets arrived yesterday for the 28th.........yippee!! Can't wait. Counting the days
Someone to hear your prayers.......someone who cares
Pizza Freak

Next

Return to Delta Machine Tour 2013-2014