Is Heaven the worst single ever?

Discussion for Depeche Mode, and Depeche Mode related topics.

Is Heaven the worst single ever?

Postby Sunandtherainfall101 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:59 pm

I dont know about how other people feel but if I don't hear Heaven ever again is just fine with me and probably a super boring song during the shows.
Sunandtherainfall101
DMMB Veteran

Postby Born Confused » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:22 pm

No - for me it's very far from being the worst single ever.
No - it's not the best single ever either but I do like it.

(Worst single imo - It's called a heart!)
I remember food, people used to have to eat it during the prohibition
Born Confused

Postby ovidiu » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:32 pm

Sunandtherainfall101 wrote:I dont know about how other people feel but if I don't hear Heaven ever again is just fine with me and probably a super boring song during the shows.

I think you're alone with this one.
Well... maybe not quite alone but one of the few whatsoever.
ovidiu

Postby Denk » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:36 pm

I love it, I think it's great. not the best but very far from the worst.
Denk

Postby violatore » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:48 pm

Sunandtherainfall101 wrote:I dont know about how other people feel but if I don't hear Heaven ever again is just fine with me and probably a super boring song during the shows.

So for you is worse than The Meaning of Love... :eek::rolleyes::p
What seems to be actually bad about it is tha delay between making it public and make it available, but I think it's a great single.
DMMB Survivor

Postby Berry Lane Laindon » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:48 pm

No
Janksville / Cat18
Berry Lane Laindon
DMMB Veteran

Postby DarkStar » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:05 pm

For me I have to say that I was not all that enthused the first time I heard it. But then I listened to it a couple of more times, and it really grew on me. It is not an instant hit, no, but now I really like it.
DarkStar

Postby Depechefan12 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:25 pm

I don't think it's their worst single at all. I for one really like Heaven. At first, I wasn't sure about it but, since first hearing it, it has honestly grown on me to the point where now I listen to it daily and think that it's really good! :) I mean, that may be for a few reasons:

1. I am a big, big fan of Condemnation. I think that's a moving and mind-blowing song and I think that Heaven resembles that somewhat so, automatically, I had and continue to have that liking for it (due to some similarities).

2. I think that Dave's voice in that song is amazing! Immediately, when it starts off, he sings "sometimes I slid away" and it's great! I think it's great throughout! And also, Martin's singing (both in harmonizing with Dave and when he sings certain lines even after Dave stops singing them).

3. I like the tempo of Heaven...even though it's a slower single, I think that it works completely. :) The music in that song is great too...the pounding piano, the electronic drums, Martin's guitar riffs...it all works (I think). :)

4. It's so different from their previous first single, Wrong in terms of both tempo and instruments being used. I think that it's a difference for them...again it seems they reinvented themselves (which I think is one of the many reasons why they're such a great band). :)

Now, I don't think that it's their best single but, I think that it is definitely up there.
Depechefan12
DMMB Survivor

Postby WrongName » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:30 pm

No.
WrongName

Ok, now we know your opinion

Postby DM_since_81 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:30 pm

DM_since_81

Next

Return to Depeche Mode Related