New remixes album?

Discussion for Depeche Mode, and Depeche Mode related topics.

New remixes album?

Postby Judeee » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:24 pm

Hi all. I went to the Manchester gig recently, and had wanted to go to one of the London dates but i don't think we can afford it. I have scowered info to find out anything about new material, but am I correct in thinking there will be a new album and tour as usual after this tour? At least then I can see them again!
Judeee

Postby skinndj » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:47 pm

I think it's a little soon to discuss a new album. It will probably about 2-3 years before the next one considering their history where they usually release one every 4 years.
skinndj
DMMB Survivor

Postby Gahandi » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:17 pm

As to when a new album will be out, only the band knows. However, I would like to think that a new album will be out sooner rather than later. I mean, the guys are getting along great (as far as we know) and both Dave and Martin seem to have their creative juices flowing stronger than ever.

Therefore, why wouldnt they churn one out sooner?

Dare to dream. Dare to dream.
Now I'm not looking for absolution...
Gahandi

Postby skinndj » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:26 pm

I'm sure they will want to take a break after the tour. Then then they might work on new songs and/or resurrect unreleased songs from when they made SOTU.
skinndj
DMMB Survivor

Postby Kisser » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:40 pm

skinndj wrote:I'm sure they will want to take a break after the tour. Then then they might work on new songs and/or resurrect unreleased songs from when they made SOTU.

OK, we (the fans) will allow them a break. But you know the way it is when you are on holidays...you get bored lying on the beach/looking at old churches or temples/whitewater rafting down grade 5 rapids. Very soon you want to get back to your routine to retain some of your sanity.
So we should allow them a month off and during that time they should be thinking about new songs and if they put their mind to it they should be back in the studio for April or May with the new album out at Christmas 2010 or soon after with a new tour starting in March next year.

All sorted!

Can't wait for next year!
And when I squinted the world seemed rose-tinted
Kisser

Postby nikacpokac » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:07 pm

They stated (I think Fletch did) in the SOTU documentary that they have a couple more records up their sleeve :D I hope because I'm now definitely missing this tour, the times are pretty hard
nikacpokac
DMMB Veteran

Postby smellen » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:35 pm

Gahandi wrote:As to when a new album will be out, only the band knows. However, I would like to think that a new album will be out sooner rather than later. I mean, the guys are getting along great (as far as we know) and both Dave and Martin seem to have their creative juices flowing stronger than ever.

Therefore, why wouldnt they churn one out sooner?

Dare to dream. Dare to dream.

I was thinking the same thing as you. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Easily and elegantly tear my world apart.
smellen

Postby Caris » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:23 am

Same here- I dare to dream!
Caris
DMMB Survivor

Postby TheDarkestStar: Died » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:41 am

I'm willing to bet there will for sure be a Dave Gahan solo release before any work begins on a new DM album. If I had to venture a guess, probably new DM album in 2013.
TheDarkestStar: Died

Postby Shadowman82 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:13 am

Yeah I don't expect any new album for quite some time . Just one thing I hope , no more Ben Hillier .
Shadowman82
DMMB Elder

Next

Return to Depeche Mode Related