the Nightmare Tour

Discuss all topics relating to the 2009 Depeche Mode tour!

the Nightmare Tour

Postby emma » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:42 pm

hello,

I've just learnt for the cancellation of the Bresil shows. It is a shame . I don't see any logical explanation in this decision. the Band manager is so bad at this point?:( If it is so, then he should be fired.

One thing for sure, everytime I look on this official Site we have bad news from the Band. It is too much.
I'm afraid now that it won't be the end of this nightmare. :confused:

DM or the management should take example on U2 management for the organization and for the official site where you have a lot more to watch and where the information is more up to date. Not like here, where you learn too late quite important information like a show date!!! I experimented this situation for the show in Belgium in January.
By the way, U2 will probably make a tour of 18 months so they will play outside the G8 countries (in answer to someone in another thread)!!!
emma

Postby FastFashion90 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:47 pm

Here's the thread about the Brazil cancellations (which I am totally against!)

http://forums.depechemode.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30427

No duplicate threads, please. Against the rules.
And when I squinted
The world seemed rose-tinted

FastFashion90

Postby headhunter » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:54 pm

scheduling/logistics conflicts with the cancelled euro dates.
headhunter

Postby nertiacrep » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:32 pm

I am really sick and tired of everything Depeche does being compared to everything U2 does. It's inevitable but it sucks.
nertiacrep

bad managment for sure...

Postby godannyboy » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:40 pm

i think since the begining that doing a TOUR during summer is a very bad idea (except maybe for Stadiums) beside that also instead of doing a one year tour it seems that the idea was to try to do it within 6-7 months wich obviously is too short time for the amounts of cities that were involved.....
maybe some people are trying to make more money faster , but at what price finally???

I have the feeling that history repeating : songs of faith and devotion was a great show but too any scheduled and at the end the band was sick and tired, the fans disappointed, the quality poor, nobody wins.... the band almost broke up also after that deception....
think twice :cool:
godannyboy

Postby nertiacrep » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:41 pm

godannyboy wrote:i think since the begining that doing a TOUR during summer is a very bad idea (except maybe for Stadiums) beside that also instead of doing a one year tour it seems that the idea was to try to do it within 6-7 months wich obviously is too short time for the amounts of cities that were involved.....
maybe some people are trying to make more money faster , but at what price finally???

I have the feeling that history repeating : songs of faith and devotion was a great show but too any scheduled and at the end the band was sick and tired, the fans disappointed, the quality poor, nobody wins.... the band almost broke up also after that deception....
think twice :cool:

Totally different situation after the Exotic Tour. Don't even go there.
nertiacrep

Postby noelmor » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:36 pm

I do agree that the majority of the news lately are only bad news.. :(
Body parts are starting to appear and scare

The child inside away....
noelmor

Postby BelMal » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:18 am

Emma, fortunately for us, DM is not a sell out band. This means that they do not have the same publicity, and I assume they are not rolling in the same dough as the "almighty" Bono. This tour has been a comedy of errors and misfortunes....but please refrain from that most dreaded comparison.
Put your little hand in mine
and believe in love
Put your head on my chest
and breathe love
BelMal

Postby BelMal » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:19 am

PS....everyone see the Southpark episode where Bono is a piece of poo...Good times
Put your little hand in mine
and believe in love
Put your head on my chest
and breathe love
BelMal

Postby dmgirlsessions » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:15 am

nertiacrep wrote:I am really sick and tired of everything Depeche does being compared to everything U2 does. It's inevitable but it sucks.

So do I!!! they are totally different, it really pisses me off everytime I read or heard comparisons, but you know what? we are in a year where they are touring at the same time, so it's unavoidable :(
dmgirlsessions
DMMB Survivor

Next

Return to Tour Of The Universe 2009