Best DM songs for driving/road trips?

Discussion for Depeche Mode, and Depeche Mode related topics.

Best DM songs for driving/road trips?

Postby FastFashion90 » Tue May 19, 2009 9:04 pm

I'd have to say Behind the Wheel, Never Let Me Down Again, Route 66 (duh, and pretty much everything else on MFTM) It's No Good, Useless, Corrupt, and Oh Well.
And when I squinted
The world seemed rose-tinted

FastFashion90

Postby myjoy88 » Tue May 19, 2009 9:09 pm

Dream on, Freelove , Useless, Light(good for every circumstance though) :D, its no good, i feel loved
myjoy88

Postby alix_d » Tue May 19, 2009 10:57 pm

FastFashion90 wrote:I'd have to say Behind the Wheel, Never Let Me Down Again, Route 66 (duh, and pretty much everything else on MFTM) It's No Good, Useless, Corrupt, and Oh Well.

Concur 100% on MFTM for driving. I had a work trip to California two years ago and brought that CD along w/me for the drive from LAX to the Central Coast. It set the mood for the trip and was possibly one of the best drives of my life! Now that I think about it, "Route 66" makes the most mundane task fun -- ironing clothes, vacuuming, mopping the floor; I don't know how my poor DH puts up w/me singing along loudly.

Two days after SOTU arrived in the mail, I was stuck in horrible traffic on my way to work and ended up listening to the entire CD 1.5 times even though I hadn't planned on it. :eek: Despite the sucky traffic, at least I got to really listen to it w/no interruptions.
"Trying is the first step towards failure."
alix_d

Postby flyonthewindscreen » Tue May 19, 2009 11:02 pm

MFTM and Violator are staples for me during road trips. I remember fondly listening to Violator in the early 90's on late night drives. Such a great album to be alone with on the road. :D
But the key Is a question of control
flyonthewindscreen

Postby halodedm » Tue May 19, 2009 11:04 pm

on december 2005 the family and i drive to spend christmas in a place called Guerrero Negro in Baja california..around 12 hours from this point..and we hear..maybe PTA 5 or 6 times..and Devotional ( just the audio of course)
halodedm

here in my car....

Postby ali190175 » Wed May 20, 2009 12:02 am

I was back to the airport the last friday night at 2 am after a trip to Cuba, and I listened Gosht and Oh Well during 3 hours on repeat mode... Volume on max ! OMG ! Amazing. I was alone in my car, very tired and the road was toff. But DM gave me some energy to get back home safe.

anyway every time I drive my car, I just play DM. ONLY.

And I put a sticker of DM on the rear window of my car to spread my passion for DM everywhere I go and everyone can hear it !
I'm French, sorry about my English
Fan since 1986
ali190175

Postby Halo Girl » Wed May 20, 2009 12:27 am

When I am on the highway at night, I love to open the sunroof and blast Waiting for the Night to Fall and glance up at the stars while keeping my eyes on the road as well :)
"Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it..."
Halo Girl

Postby firefoxkac » Wed May 20, 2009 1:12 am

Yeah, Behind the Wheel as the obivous, the complete others list for me would have:

Big Muff, Master and Servant, Fly on the windscreen, ALL of violator, mercy in you, it's no good, dream on, I feel loved, precious, Lillian, corrupt, hole to feed.
"Yearning for a liberation / Emotional emancipation"
firefoxkac

Postby bluedress74 » Wed May 20, 2009 2:28 am

Suffer Well, A Qestion Of Time, Behind The Wheel, It' No Good, Barrel of A Gun, Halo, Policy Of Truth, Never Let Me Down, Enjoy The Silence, I Feel You, Martyr, Black Celebration.

I could go on and on but like what some other moders have said. Violator and MFTM are great driving albums.
'the distance between dreams and reality is only measured by motivation...'
bluedress74
DMMB Survivor

Postby natalia » Wed May 20, 2009 2:52 am

Strangelove, Master and Servant, Walking in My Shoes, Shake the Disease...
natalia

Next

Return to Depeche Mode Related