Good News for New Zealand fans re SotU!

Discussion for Depeche Mode, and Depeche Mode related topics.

Good News for New Zealand fans re SotU!

Postby Deprocyon » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:21 pm

I've just been on the blower to EMI New Zealand & Ive been told by their Consumer Marketing Manager(an englishman by the way) that SotU will be out here on the 20/4/09 AND THE BOX SET WILL BE STANDARD ISSUE AS WELL! Three formats. This is probably a first for eNZed, to get a depeche album released on day of issue, which means we'll be FIRST IN THE WORLD to buy the album. I shall be waiting first thing on 20/4 to get my copy, listen to it thru a few times & post my review!
p.s. I tried the usual collectors effort at getting the promos for Wrong. No Go. Singles full stop are no longer released in New Zealand locally. It's import import import re singles here, or i-tunes(yuk no sleevage).
,,,you're morally unwell...
Deprocyon

Postby Katz » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:40 pm

That's great news! First in the world a?! That's absolutely brilliant and adds further excitement to my already near-to-bursting-point self! Thanks for contacting EMI Deprocyon! :D
NZ fan
Katz
DMMB Survivor

Postby Kingrow » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:31 pm

Thanks for the heads-up mate! :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://kingrow.webs.com
Kingrow

Postby tuffy » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:17 pm

That's great news...I assume it's the deluxe box??
That saves buying of amazon. Thanks for your efforts.

Are any of you heading to the us or Europe for concerts?
I'm all locked and loaded for Santa Barbara. Can't wait.
tuffy

Postby Deprocyon » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:25 am

Yes, it does include the "£60"(I quoted the UK internet price)box-set & we discussed how Depeche have never really done anything like one of these sets on release of a new album(he mentioned some sets which were done way back in the eighties[dunno what he means, he's picqued my interest neurons on that comment]). He did say 3 formats cd, cd/dvd & of course the box-set. The LP set is not really economicaly viable, in my opinion, for an eNZed release, but being the must-have collector of DM that I am , I will be buying it the first opportunity I see it on import(the UK/EU MUTE one anyway). Roll-on april the 20th(If I were you I'd ring your local record shop on april the 19th, if you really want it first thing, & make sure it's in-store. SoFaD was several weeks late after the advertised date in rip it up magazine).
Deprocyon

Postby Katz » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:42 am

Deprocyon wrote:............If I were you I'd ring your local record shop on april the 19th, if you really want it first thing, & make sure it's in-store.

Won't forget THAT date then cos it's my birthday!!! What a great pressie! - my daughter said she's gonna get me it with the remainder of her Christmas money - so sweet!
NZ fan
Katz
DMMB Survivor

Postby Deprocyon » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:07 am

(LOL)My birthday is the 28th of april, so it's a birthday treat for me too Katz. AND by the 28th, I should know the whole album sonically by then, & will have decided whether the two(or three, fingers crossed)Martined-vocal tracks rate up there with Blue Dress, Home & stunner The Bottom Line (in my opinion the Gore -sung tracks haven't quite been on par since ULTRA). His voice just...resonates endorphinlicaly inside my skull. So I can really enjoy SotU on the 28th, but you are lucky to have the album come out on your Birthday. I'm also hoping in my heart of hearts, due to the number of tracks, that SotU will be a long overdue concept-album. It seems to have the potential in my mind, though I've yet to hear it.
As for you tuffy, you are one lucky person, to fly over to SB to see the concert. Unfortunately, even flying to Oz, if they were performing there again, is beyond my means. I wish you an awesome experience, & I know you will love every second of your trip. God speed.
Deprocyon

Postby Kingrow » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:18 pm

My birthday's on the 4th. April rocks. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://kingrow.webs.com
Kingrow

Postby Maxidell38 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:41 am

Hi Deprocyon,

Do you know which CD shops are the box set available from?
:D DM :D
Maxidell38

Postby tuffy » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:37 am

I'm going into the CD Store in Lower Hutt tomorrow to see if I can preorder so they hold it for me. Will let you know how I get on.
tuffy

Next

Return to Depeche Mode Related