Any other Maritimers planning to go to the Montreal date?

Discuss all topics relating to the 2009 Depeche Mode tour!

Any other Maritimers planning to go to the Montreal date?

Postby bratness » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:58 pm

My boyfriend and I are (from Halifax), not sure exactly if we're just going to make a long weekend out of it, or stay a little bit longer than that, but might be able to bring 1-2 people with us if anybody might want to split on some gas money instead of taking a train/bus/flight.

Just a thought to put out there, very early and preliminary of course:)
bratness

Postby Andre Levasseur » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:03 pm

Do you know if they are playing close to Montreal besides Toronto ?
Hey pick me up in Riviere du loup when you pass by !

Seriously, i can't go for now (working) this is why i'm asking about other dates close to Montreal.
Ain't playing with DM live (sh*t...) Ahhhh one day...
Andre Levasseur

Postby bratness » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:02 pm

toronto is the the only other canadian date, which is still like a 10 hour drive from you (on july 24th).

some of the closer (though not exactly *close*) usa dates are boston, washington dc, atlantic city and new york city. closest of those to you is boston, an 8 hour drive from riviere-du-loup. boston's date is the 31st of july. other dates are here though. http://www.depechemode.com/tour.html

if somehow between now and july 25th (the montreal date)you did figure out you could make it to the montreal show and it ended up coinciding with our trip we probably could give you a lift though! :)
bratness

Postby squigs » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:23 pm

Hey. Montreal is an amazing place to see them. I'm from Ottawa and it is where I go for all the main concerts. Let me know if you are looking for an affordable hotel to stay in. There is one that always stay at and its 3 blocks from the arena and the party area
squigs
DMMB Veteran

Postby bratness » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:21 am

Sure, any recommendations on hotels are cool. We've been to Montreal a few times to see Nightwish in concert.

The places we've stayed so far have been cool though (we stayed at the Holiday Inn at Viger/St-Urbain and it was quite nice and reasonably priced) and another time (when we took the car instead of flying and wanted somewhere with free parking) stayed at Sandman in Longueuil which is super convenient to the metro station and also quite reasonably priced.

This time around not sure though, maybe could be fun to try a bed & breakfast or something or a new hotel idea.
bratness

Postby Wyzdom » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:33 pm

Guys, check for "Le Nouvel Hotel". There's good prices and it's fine place right around the corner (i mean near, not litterally on the corner).

I will so be at the show. I live in Montreal though and will go there by bus so I can't lift any of you over there :/

Wyzdom

Postby Andre Levasseur » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:59 pm

I know there is a bunch of them right before the "Tunnel Lafontaine" in Boucherville/Longueuil, along the "Autoroute 20". Cheaper than finding one in Montréal or close to the Métro. (i'm from Longueuil but been living in Rivière du loup for over 11 years now) So might be worth to drive from the Hotel/Motel to the "Longueuil" métro station. About 10 minutes, no more to save a couple of bucks.
Andre Levasseur

Postby jjolly01 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:47 pm

Montreal will be an awesome show.

Montreal is the best city in Canada.
jjolly01

Postby Andre Levasseur » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:46 pm

FUCK*NG A
I think i managed to find someone else to replace me and the female singer to play for a couple getting married on that day!
Now i sincerly hope they don't change the date !
Andre Levasseur

Postby jjolly01 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 pm

the other thing thats good is thats in an arena (bell centre).

....i have reservations about the band playing at the molson amplitheatre in toronto
jjolly01

Next

Return to Tour Of The Universe 2009