Depeche Mode young fans pt 2

Discussion for Depeche Mode, and Depeche Mode related topics.

Depeche Mode young fans pt 2

Postby Soojin » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:42 pm

Since the Part One thread is now closed, here is the Part Two :D :

Strangelove5961 wrote:Let's see how many younger dm fans we have on the boards. I'm 19, and years ago when i joined the boards there were only a few of us from the later generation, and people were baffled (yet excited) that we knew who depeche was at our ages.

who else was two years old when everybody else was at the 101 Pasadena concert? or for that matter, who else wasn't born when depeche mode began?

http://forums.depechemode.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20850
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Let's GoOo! Youngsterz rule! :cool:
"In Korea, being SINcere..."

My gallery on http://skorpix.deviantart.com
Soojin

Postby Soojin » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:44 pm

Soojin wrote:
I'm 20, born 8 November 1988, about five month after the Pasadena show. :cool: But I still don't have the album Music for the Masses !

I discovered DM with the video of Enjoy the Silence 2004 and I became a Devotee since the day I bought Playing the Angel.

And then I went to their concert during Touring the Angel. I was lucky to see them so quickly, but at that time I didn't know more than half of their songs during the show ! What a shame...
<!-- / message -->
"In Korea, being SINcere..."

My gallery on http://skorpix.deviantart.com
Soojin

Postby nazor1 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:24 am

I'm 18. I have converted three of my other friends into Depeche Mode fandom. Two of which are coming with me to Dusseldorf on June 5 to see them live.
nazor1
ignoring the F.A.Q.

Postby indefinitecure » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:11 am

Im only 19 but my brother was the first into NIN...he was born the same year Depeche mode was...and he used to listen to Ultra and the second single collection when I was 5...so DM became part of my childhood and now I am a big fan
indefinitecure
DMMB Veteran

Postby indefinitecure » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:12 am

indefinitecure wrote:Im only 19 but my brother was the first into NIN ...he was born the same year Depeche mode was...and he used to listen to Ultra and the second single collection when I was 5...so DM became part of my childhood and now I am a big fan

Make that DM, not NIN...lol sorry, it's true for both, except for NIN, I was the one born the same year as the band
indefinitecure
DMMB Veteran

Postby RedCap » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:54 am

i'm 23, so i'm not so young, but i loved DM since i was like 8! (i remember i looooooved the 'master & servant' intro :-D ) i also loved the pet shop boys (still do), and my dad used to tell me i shoudln't listen to those bands because it was 'music for gays' XD
RedCap
Read The F.A.Q, but ignoring it

Postby p4g4n 3l3m3nt5 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:46 am

25, so the band's only older than me by two years. I was always really into synth and new wave, and darker stuff, though alternative was my main thing, I guess. Somehow, noone I knew knew much of anything about DM, even though they were all 80's advocates as well, and I didn't get around to finally trying them out until when PTA cam eout. O_o So many years w/o DM...
Overwhelmed with gestalt possibilities...
p4g4n 3l3m3nt5
Read The F.A.Q, but ignoring it

Postby Stannnnn » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:47 am

oh 19 here:)
Stannnnn

Postby delta_waves » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:49 am

I'm 23. The first exposure I had to DM was hearing "Enjoy The Silence" on the radio back in summer of 1990. Fast forward to 2006 when I heard "It's No Good" and decided to get Violator. I didn't realize that they were the same band that did "that All I ever wanted song" until I listened to Violator. It was quite a surreal moment because it was a melody I hadn't heard since I was 4 years old.
delta_waves

Next

Return to Depeche Mode Related