It's No Good

Discussion for Depeche Mode, and Depeche Mode related topics.

It's No Good

Postby Gypsy Maria » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:17 am

Hey folks, I was wondering if anyone feels as transported and a sense of content completion in the heart upon listening to, "It's No Good", from "Ultra?";)
This song is definitely cosmic and universally linked in a primal fashion. The song combines so many elements that it is like an infinity of love, romance, inner and outer balance, one foot in the ground and the ability for "winged" flight into the skies, mangneticism--which is very real in a scientific context and a transcendent atmosphere--and all of these elements, and others, lead to a recognition of one's "soulmate." How is this possible? Well, perhaps by combining the elements I mentioned here and adding a solid friendship based on exploring unconditional emotional/spiritual intimacy wherein there is a strong magnetic pull and a courageous foundation of balance between the dark and light which is continually shared through the development of trust that gives way to a wordless "knowing", as though you just "know" you have a finger and a toe and a heart. Well, the wordless "knowing" that the trust gives way to is a transparent view of one another's heart's and they are ONE and flow into connection with the epitome of compassion in faith/God, which guides them on their journey to embrace, challenge, and guide each other in their sacred union, but also, to embrace, challenge, and guide each other in helping community or the world. I intuit that only someone who can find genuine awakening to just be and sense a content completion in the heart that is rooted in silence, simplicity, and appreciation for even the "smallest" divine potential in what each moment holds can "open up their eyes" to the actual manifestation of a soulmate on this earthly plane.:)
The lyrics are amazing:
I'm going to take my time
I have all the time in the world
to make you mine
it is written in the stars above
the gods decree
you'll be right here by my side
right next to me
you can run, but you cannot hide

Don't say you want me, don't say you need me, don't say you love me, it's understood, don't say you're happy out there without me, I know you can't be, 'cause it's no good

Wishin' great dreams come true for everyone, or wishin' great dreams already happenin', even though the process of "everything" coming together make take "a little while." That which is visible to the invisible eye enters into sacred, beautiful mystery and keeps hope alive because a sweet butterfly gently flaps its wings and freely flys as we're undergoing many smiles!:):D:)
Maria
[B]ONE LOVE:)
[/B]
Gypsy Maria

Postby Gypsy Maria » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:35 am

Gotta include the incredible music that accompanies this song, which creates awesome pulsations of closely intertwined aspirations that assert the "magical" feeling that I am dancing with the universe in joy and true-to-my heart or nature's rhythmic callings!:):p;)
"Yes!", and ,"Yes!", a million, zillion times over,
Maria
[/B]
Gypsy Maria

Postby Mystical Maiden » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:40 am

Wow....I think you said it all. I have to agree. Beautifully.
Will you take the Pain, Pull my Strings, Stipped, Im a Missionary...
Mystical Maiden

Postby Gypsy Maria » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:51 am

Mystical Maiden wrote:Wow....I think you said it all. I have to agree. Beautifully.

Hi there Mystical Maiden!:) I am smiling like someone is tickling me silly and it's making me happy!:D You sharing with me that you agree with my expression and feel it is beautiful adds so much more beauty to what I expressed because of the happiness that you have given me, which is not to be undermined!:)
Wow....I think you said it all too!;)
Thank you for being so ALIVE and PASSIONATE in your dreams and goodness, which is very real to me,
Maria
[/B]
Gypsy Maria

Postby Incubo » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:59 am

Gypsy Maria wrote:Hey folks, I was wondering if anyone feels as transported and a sense of content completion in the heart upon listening to, "It's No Good", from "Ultra?";)
This song is definitely cosmic and universally linked in a primal fashion. The song combines so many elements that it is like an infinity of love, romance, inner and outer balance, one foot in the ground and the ability for "winged" flight into the skies, mangneticism--which is very real in a scientific context and a transcendent atmosphere--and all of these elements, and others, lead to a recognition of one's "soulmate."

I fell the same but with the whole album, I'ts No Good its a great song but by itself doesn't provoke all this feelings, got to listen to the whole album to feel it.
Eventually tears ceased, my mysfortunes were small, I was alive.
Incubo

Postby Gypsy Maria » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:29 am

Incubo wrote:I fell the same but with the whole album, I'ts No Good its a great song but by itself doesn't provoke all this feelings, got to listen to the whole album to feel it.

Hi there Incubo!:) Yes, I agree with you in that listening to the whole album is essential to "getting" the real, brilliant "work of art" that the song, "It's No Good", reveals. Each song is like a open doorway that we walk through and experience an ultimately inspiring, moving, soothing illumination on life without trying to adhere to norms, but telling it like it is, which is healing and really gets at the positive, true underlying currents that centralize or crystallize in certain aspects of "Ultra", which I would imaginge might vary depending upon each person. For me, the crystallization took place in, "It's No Good." It's amazing that you feel the same about why the song means so much to me:) and because it is so deeply embedded in my heart, I thank you for sharing that you're into how very cool and righteous the song is too!:cool::)
Peace and Luv, Brother,
Maria
[/B]
Gypsy Maria

Postby Incubo » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:36 am

Gypsy Maria wrote:Hi there Incubo!:) Yes, I agree with you in that listening to the whole album is essential to "getting" the real, brilliant "work of art" that the song, "It's No Good", reveals. Each song is like a open doorway that we walk through and experience an ultimately inspiring, moving, soothing illumination on life without trying to adhere to norms, but telling it like it is, which is healing and really gets at the positive, true underlying currents that centralize or crystallize in certain aspects of "Ultra", which I would imaginge might vary depending upon each person. For me, the crystallization took place in, "It's No Good." It's amazing that you feel the same about why the song means so much to me:) and because it is so deeply embedded in my heart, I thank you for sharing that you're into how very cool and righteous the song is too!:cool::)
Peace and Luv, Brother,
Maria

first of all thank you, and I understand the way you feel, and also understand that you feel it with It's No Good, now that I think about it I can feel the same while listening to Freestate, but it so much more enjoyable while listening to the whole album, its so relaxing and, takes you to other place, well at least thats for me!

Peace and love to you too sister!
Eventually tears ceased, my mysfortunes were small, I was alive.
Incubo

Postby Soul Brother » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:18 am

It is good to just get your feelings out like that. I feel different emotions about many dm songs that are hard to put into words....the way you let your feelings flow out of you is healthy. It is difficult to put feelings into words sometimes. Many mock that ability, especially in a crowd. The mob mentality. Passionate feelings scare some people, perhaps they are afraid they feel the same, or perhaps the openness frightens them. It is good to have a board where you can get it all out. You have opened my eyes to this song...quite frankly I tuned it out mostly due to it being the single that got most radio play. The rest of Ultra moved me in a very "cosmic" way as you put it. Now I will have to listen to It's No Good again in a new light.
3 wishes 1) See with your eyes, 2) Smile with your smile, 3) A nice suprise
Soul Brother

Postby PressPlay » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:33 am

Off the top of my head, my 2 favorite songs from the ULTRA album are definitely "It's No Good" and "Home". Too bad the Touring the Angel setlist "It's No Good" was not included like for the Exciter tour and the Singles Tour.

As much as I loved the music video for ING and it's fun intent, I really wish they made a video with a little more depth and substance to such a powerful song. Maria, you said it--if "It's No Good" isn't a cosmic song, I don't know what is?

Nice to see more DM fans from Toronto. We should all join forces together so that we can work as a group here in getting the best tickets for both the Montreal and Toronto shows. See ya! ;)
PressPlay
DMMB Veteran

Postby Rhianna » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:59 am

Maria, it's nice to see you make the trip over from Dave's board. And of course, your posts are always a joy to read, because you are so full of Love!

ING is all about destiny. I like the way you worded it, such poetry.

What else is there to say except to appreciate it from your view? I'm glad you are moved in such ways. That's what makes dM so special to us. It's a gift!
Rhianna

Next

Return to Depeche Mode Related