The "Moan About Depeche Mode" Thread

Discussion for Depeche Mode, and Depeche Mode related topics.

Postby christmasisland4 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:58 pm

Dm sit around way too much for my likeing.A album every four years is not good enough.Nor are some solo albums.Time i think should be spent on dm.There are songs on dave's last solo effort that should of been on the new dm album.The one that should of come out 2 years ago.
Am i burnt out on dm?Yes for sure.I recently rebought all dm's albums on vinyl.Used and remasters.It was fun but i am burnt out now.
I simply need more new stuff.
Old concerts on dvd yes id like this.New dm material id like this too.
The same old songs ad nausium not really.
I don't understand why dm fans cut them so much slack?They are getting older how many years do we have for them to create more good work?
I feel they are wasteing the last good working years they have putting out solo albums.Whats wrong with makeing a great new dm album insted of a average solo effort?How hard is it to put one out every 2 years?Do you really have to tour each album?
How long before they turn into the rolling stones?I mean by this that the stones can't write good songs now.How long?All groups eventualy lose it.dm hasent but the older they get i think they come closer to this point.The point where they lose it.I want as much music as i can get before they hit the wall.
Do i sound burnt out?lol now im going to put pta on my tt just for fun:)
christmasisland4

The Big Only & One Moaning About Depeche Mode Thread

Postby clubbundy » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:36 pm

After waiting for the press conference, with the expectations of the new album, the tour, everything..............I now find myself utterly confused and disapointed. Not a great deal about the new album, and a list of tour dates that sends a "long term" Mode fan like myself into a nervous breakdown. If I lived in Germany I'd be jumping around with a smile on my face, but as I live in England, I have the prospect of 1 gig in the O2 arena (which is a terrible venue). Now do I rush to buy a ticket because it's the ONLY UK gig............or Do I wait and see if anymore dates (BIRMINGHAM< MANCHESTER???) get released..........! If there was a sign/statement/or anything to explain why only 1 UK date? are there more on the way? Everybody seems to be saying "they will add more" but can I risk not getting a ticket for the O2 in hope.................! After the success of Playing The Angel Tour I was expecting so much more today....................! Some simple CLEAR black and white answers would be nice. No doubt the answer will be "wait and see"
clubbundy

Postby ag005613 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:41 pm

Don't panic - my guess is that they are also lined up to do a few UK festivals. There are gaps in their schedule to suggest this. Also - Live Nation - who DM appear to be hooked up with - also "own" a number of the UK festivals (Reading, Leeds, T and maybe some more).
ag005613

UK fans

Postby UselessAdvice » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:43 pm

clubbundy wrote:as I live in England, I have the prospect of 1 gig in the O2 arena (which is a terrible venue). Now do I rush to buy a ticket because it's the ONLY UK gig

I would say that the answer is yes. :cool:
:cool: Cool video & free download: Blind Side by Hybrid
UselessAdvice

Postby Dm-angel » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:47 pm

clubbundy wrote:After waiting for the press conference, with the expectations of the new album, the tour, everything..............I now find myself utterly confused and disapointed. Not a great deal about the new album, and a list of tour dates that sends a "long term" Mode fan like myself into a nervous breakdown. If I lived in Germany I'd be jumping around with a smile on my face, but as I live in England, I have the prospect of 1 gig in the O2 arena (which is a terrible venue). Now do I rush to buy a ticket because it's the ONLY UK gig............or Do I wait and see if anymore dates (BIRMINGHAM< MANCHESTER???) get released..........! If there was a sign/statement/or anything to explain why only 1 UK date? are there more on the way? Everybody seems to be saying "they will add more" but can I risk not getting a ticket for the O2 in hope.................! After the success of Playing The Angel Tour I was expecting so much more today....................! Some simple CLEAR black and white answers would be nice. No doubt the answer will be "wait and see"

Thank you...;) You have said what i was thinking.....
Light will always shine in the heart of you..:cool:
Dm-angel

Postby xXHappiestGirlXx » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:49 pm

UselessAdvice wrote:I would say that the answer is yes. :cool:

I would have to agree! If the only DM show near me was accessible by car or train ride of less than say, 5 hours, I'd be getting a ticket.
xXHappiestGirlXx

Postby ALVINHO » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:54 pm

if you love the band more than everything, don't hesitate......

I know it's not my business but I wonder what it would be more important in the venue considered.
ALVINHO
Read The F.A.Q, but ignoring it

Postby clubbundy » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:59 pm

I get therer may be festivals, But I don't want to have to pay a massive amount of money to go to a festival to see Mode do a 3/4 length set.............I want to see Mode! I suppose I've waited 3 years, I should be grateful to see them once.............! I just think not enough info has been given out, I'm going to be so unhappy if I fork out on the O2 show, organise transport and accomadation, then they release further dates nearer my hometown............!
clubbundy

Postby g101 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:03 pm

xXHappiestGirlXx wrote:Though I will definitely agree with OP that I wish there had been more info given what with all the hype surrounding this morning's event.

I waited for the press conference today like a lot of other people and am still in the dark about the whole tour and forthcoming plans... the moron press present today who asked absolutely stupid questions should never be allowed in to an event like that again... i was waiting for a "what is your favourite colour" f***ing question somewhere along the way...... it was a whole load of nothing with all the wrong questions ... oh well, can't please all of the people i guess...
anyhow - onto the propper Question...
i really believe that there will be more dates in the UK and hopefully too Ireland either Belfast or Dublin (or BOTH) but Manchester & Birmingham have ALWAYS been included in EVERY DEPECHE tour since 1982 and i can't think why they would want to change that - it's ALWAYS been successful & sold out every time with fan's from all over UK & ireland heading over, i think it's only a matter of time (i know i could have said A QUESTION OF TIME) but ... well , that's just too corny RIGHT !!!! :)
im sure Manc & Birmingham will be there some time down the line . .. as for here in Ireland i wait for the news... i won't hold my breath though, but i'll wait... something should be sorted i hope ??

-g-
g101

Postby ag005613 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:03 pm

I quite like the idea of them playing at a festival. Would be a new challenge for them in the UK. I also like going to festivals so I'm biased. Fingers crossed that they play T, as they have not played in Scotland for decades.
ag005613

Next

Return to Depeche Mode Related