Ben Hillier with Depeche Mode again...Rumour?

Discussion for Depeche Mode, and Depeche Mode related topics.

Ben Hillier with Depeche Mode again...Rumour?

Postby Neel1 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:28 am

This is what I found when surfing....On the official site of Ben Hillier, I hear the news that he is now working with Depeche Mode....But I didn't read anything about it yet here....Can anyone confirm? Is this just a rumour or is this true??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Hillier
"At the time of writing (July 2008), he is producing the forthcoming album by Depeche Mode."

http://www.140db.co.uk/v2/producers/bio_ben_hiller.html
"Early 2008 saw Ben produce and mix the debut album for The Rascals and he's now back in the production chair for Depeche Mode following their last collaboration on "Playing The Angel" album."

Why don't we hear anything here...Do they want to keep the making of the album a secret?
Step out of your cage and onto the stage.
Neel1

Postby sinnerinme69 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:53 am

Yes, everyone knows that.
But Brat can´t get confirmation because management of depeche mode don´t want start talking about that. Brat said that many times that he is employee only... so be patiently I think that in right time Depeche Mode will be informed us via youtube clip or something like this:)
sinnerinme69

Postby UnderMyWing » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:58 am

I read about this a while back, so I guess it could be true. Rumour has it, that the reason Dave didn't tour with "Hourglass" was that DM were about to start recordings on a new album.
Using Ben Hillier again makes sence since PTA was pretty succesfull though I personally rather would see someone like Flood at the helm
but as long as we get a new album I guess I shouldn't complain:)
I'll take you under my wing...
UnderMyWing

Postby Grabbing Hans » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:17 pm

UnderMyWing wrote:I read about this a while back, so I guess it could be true. Rumour has it, that the reason Dave didn't tour with "Hourglass" was that DM were about to start recordings on a new album.
Using Ben Hillier again makes sence since PTA was pretty succesfull though I personally rather would see someone like Flood at the helm
but as long as we get a new album I guess I shouldn't complain:)

I would also love it if Flood would produce the next album.

I wasn't too keen on PTA, hopefully they could have a SOFAD sounding album, hard without Alan I know.
Grabbing Hans

Postby Tonia_90 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:34 pm

Grabbing Hans wrote:I would also love it if Flood would produce the next album.

Me too!...
Unpredictable like the Sun...And the Rainfall...
Tonia_90

Postby Cademo » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:04 pm

Not a rumour... Fact! :)

He did a good job with PTA so we can all be happy with their choice to work again with Hillier. I'm really looking forward to hearing the new album!
Cademo

Postby timaroosky » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:33 pm

Shhhhhh! It's a secret!
"Don't tase me, bro!"
timaroosky
DMMB Survivor

Postby weetum » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:29 pm

I read something on an Italian site, where they went as far as to say " the official producer of the new album is to be " ... so I immediately stopped reading. :mad: :confused: ;)
No, really - I blanked out the next line, so even under torture I couldn't tell you what it said. Not even the number of words in the person's name ( cos some only have one, right ? ) cos I just didn't see it. :cool: <---- this is me blanking sthg out.
But surely some time soon there will be some good hard facts here ?We have had nothing except the number of songs which MIGHT appear on this new album ... and the natives are restless, so please, please, give us something to go " aaaaah ! " about ! :)
weetum

Postby depman » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:34 pm

I think Ben Hillier (If true) is an excellent choice.
PTA was excellent.
DM Veteran.
Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur!!
COYS
depman

Postby Edlvr » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:04 am

I'm actually surprised they went with him, I'm not complaining but the band has always tried something new the next time in the studio. This is why I think they never brought Flood back, who arguably (combined with Alan) produced their best record. I just can't wait to hear a little sumthin-sumthin!
Edloverr - DM fans since '85
Edlvr
DMMB Veteran

Next

Return to Depeche Mode Related