The San Diego Show (SPOILER!)

A forum for Dave's "Paper Monsters" project.

Postby TowerPower2 » Fri Aug 22, 2003 12:45 am

That show rocked!! From the very beginning with Kenna (he should open for the next Depeche Mode tour) to Dave, everything was just plain amazing. Dave had and displayed such energy like ever before. I loved those versions of Question of TIme, Walking In My Shoes, I Feel You, Policy of Truth, and the Enjoy the Silence/Just Can't Get Enough medley. It was pretty funny seeing those 5 or 6 people run on the stage to hug Dave. When the people were shaking his hand at the front, I thought they were going to pull him off the stage. I bought the Kenna CD and he signed one for me and my brother and I got to shake his hand. Great guy and musician Kenna is. I surely hope to see not only another Depeche Mode tour, but also a solo one, as great and amazing a solo tour as the ones Dave gave San Diego and the other cities.
God Bless Yah Dave!!!
Image Image Image Image
TowerPower2
DMMB Survivor

Postby Miss GG » Fri Aug 22, 2003 1:51 am

SAN DIEGOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I love when he yells that! I love DAVE!! Holy krikey-what a show! I jumped up and down- I screamed- I cried- I annoyed the hell out of my neighbors (what the hell are you doing sitting down? ETS AND JCGE????!!!! Jesus Christ...my heart couldn't take the favorites....to me it was a mini-mode concert...I don't care what anybody says! AWESOME! Will wear my shirt proudly tomorrow!
Miss GG
DMMB Veteran

Postby thresholdfx » Fri Aug 22, 2003 3:07 am

Awesome is an understatment. I can't even conjure up a word that can describe tonight's show.

THRESHOLD
thresholdfx

Postby Admin » Fri Aug 22, 2003 3:48 am

I'm shocked (yet, happy) that no one noticed the loser in the Nintendo shirt, videotaping the show from the side of the stage. Image

BRAT
Admin

Postby StrangeFan » Fri Aug 22, 2003 5:00 am

So does this mean some clips of the show? If so, thanks! Image
StrangeFan

Postby katyz » Fri Aug 22, 2003 7:59 am

BRAT, I did see you taping. I was three rows behind you and pointed you out to my hubby saying, I bet that's BRAT! =)
katyz

Postby SoFAD » Fri Aug 22, 2003 8:27 am

!!!!! D A V E !!!!!!! Such the best! He is awesome, and adores his fans. You could totally watch him feed enegrgy off of us (the crowd), SOOOO smooth, geez, I could watch that guy for an eternity. I think SanDiego did him proud! Let's hope we get the best tour write-up on the diary page, and possibly some video! I so love that man, one hellofa sexy guy, from the pit section, there's nothing better than when he makes eye contact with you and you are able to hold his attention, if even for a moment; you are performing for him. The songs were tremendous!! The Depeche songs really rocked, and I melted everytime he SCREAMED. I'm drained! he is my god, <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>and I want more. Get out and support, Vegas and LA! I think we all want MORE. See you in OCT at the LA comvention. HOLD ON...... YOU OPENED MY EYES TODAY...
SoFAD
DMMB Member

Postby sighgee » Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:52 am

AHHHHHHH! That show was AMAZING!

I ran up towards the front with my sister at "Enjoy The Silence" and I SWEAR I've NEVER ever been that close to Dave before! All the people jumping on stage were really funny.

Holy cow...the energy and intensity, I couldn't get over it. I really thought "Black and Blue" was INTENSE. I felt it emmanating from the stage. I also really enjoyed "Stay". And the lighting during "Bitter Apple".

I think the versions of "Policy of Truth" and "Enjoy The Silence" were the best I've heard. And who could forget the revival of the arm swaying during "Never Let Me Down Again".

Always, my fave parts are now when Dave lets the audience take over.

I am a Dave girl FOR LIFE. Image
sighgee

Postby sighgee » Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:54 am

Oh YEAH...Kenna was awesome! I forgot to mention that.

AND...I am a fan of the song "Lips Like Sugar" by Echo & The Bunnymen. I *always* wondered how Dave would sound singing that song.

Now I know Image
sighgee

Postby mandy » Fri Aug 22, 2003 10:15 am

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sighgee:
I think the versions of "Policy of Truth" and "Enjoy The Silence" were the best I've heard. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. And the sweet thing is PM sounds so much better after hearing it live.
mandy
DMMB Survivor

Next

Return to Dave Gahan - Paper Monsters