Your first DM concert

Discussion for Depeche Mode, and Depeche Mode related topics.

Your first DM concert

Postby dreamonanita » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:21 pm

My first DM concert was in Budapest 12.9.2001.That was really the best day of my life,it was raining and I have been in a first queue.:)
dreamonanita

Postby Danne » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:36 pm

My first Dm concert was in Gotenburg (Göteborg in Swedish) last year actually. And after that I practicly ran to the next concert which took place in Stockholm.
I loved them both!
Danne

Postby acinommoni » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:54 pm

touring the angel
in Milan 18-02-2006!
then I went to all of their gigs in Italy!
I'll never forget those days!
acinommoni
DMMB Elder

Postby RAX » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:05 pm

First (and only) :( was Touring The Angel, in Manchester (UK)

Ah...I'd resisted looking at the setlist for as long as possible, but I did have a quick glance; it was a BIG suprise when WIME was played though (and a nice one).

I can remember committing the unpardonable sin of answering the call of nature (I was seriously considering just, well, letting it happen, I didn't want to miss a minute!) so I waited til Damaged People, then raced off, quick as lightning. Trouble was, I passed the bar on the way back, and to my eternal regret ever since, I was rather drunk by the time Everything Counts came on, so my memory of NLMDA and Goodnight Lovers is a little hazy to this day :(

But my expectations were so high before it started, I had been expecting to feel disappointed afterwards. NO WAY! They put on a better show than I was expecting, and it's still the best show by any group that I've been to.

For the next tour (which will happen) I'm sticking to water
[B]It's OK. I'm from the Internet.[/B]
RAX

Postby exciter_gurl » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:21 pm

My first DM concert was The Singles Tour in Vancouver ,seemed like yesterday. Then followed by PTA. Still kicking myself in the butt for not attending Exciter:mad:
When I feel the warmth of your very soul
I forget I'm cold and crying
exciter_gurl

Postby Miss Tick » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:17 am

February 21st, 2006. My first DM concert. I only liked them, I loved the singles, and that was it. My best friend 's been a longtime fan, and I had once told her I'd like to go to a DM concert one day "just out of curiosity". A few weeks later she told me there was a tour...and she got two tickets.
I wanted to be front row in the pit -God knows why- and she didn't...and I really got mad at her -God knows why, I only liked them then...but I wanted to be front row and touch Dave (:confused:)
The show started...and tears came to my eyes and I remained motionless when the guys arrived onstage...strange. I felt home!
And they became my favorite band....After the concert I was pissed because we'd have to wait for at least four years before another tour. So I searched the net. I found out they were playing in Arras, North of France, a few months later. I said to my best friend: "You're coming with me, let's go there!". And we went there, front row, best DM concert she saw in her life. :D
In Gore I trust
Miss Tick
DMMB Survivor

Postby Miss Tick » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:18 am

exciter_gurl wrote:My first DM concert was The Singles Tour in Vancouver ,seemed like yesterday. Then followed by PTA. Still kicking myself in the butt for not attending Exciter:mad:

Still kicking myself in the butt for not attending anything before TTA! :mad:
In Gore I trust
Miss Tick
DMMB Survivor

Postby miniMODE » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:21 am

mine:

I don't care if your going nowhere, just take good care of the world.....
miniMODE

Location: Los Angeles, Hello My name is Tumara, and I'm a DEPECHE-aholic.....

Postby Halo Girl » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:32 am

Mine was the Devotional Tour - 11/4/93. Can't believe that was 14 years ago! :)
"Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it..."
Halo Girl

Postby housegirl » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:32 am

mine:
4/3/1985
see the stars they're shining bright, everything's alright tonight
housegirl

Next

Return to Depeche Mode Related