How have you become a devotee?

Discussion for Depeche Mode, and Depeche Mode related topics.

How have you become a devotee?

Postby vladimir » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:34 pm

I expect this thread to be the hottest!!! And you?..:cool:

Of course, we have started sometime, somewhere and somehow. And, obviously, there is a song, from what it all has began. Everything has it's beginning - like our devotion.

So now let's show out our nostalgie. Let's share our memories with each other. I am sure it will be pleasant and interesting for all of us;)

You may retell as more memories as you want. You can throw a few sentences or load onto our heads a whole novel!!!:D

Do something about it...;)
I rush for you
vladimir

Postby Danne » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:57 pm

I became a fellow devotee after listening to my best friends (Martin) older brothers DM singels. We used to sit in the middle of their living room. It was neat and the music was great.

I think the first singel I heard was See You. And the first album I heard was Black Celebration. So since the first time I listened to Black Celebration it has been med and DM ever since.

I got Depeche Mode running through my veins.
Danne

Postby Miss Tick » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:07 pm

By accident...:D
In Gore I trust
Miss Tick
DMMB Survivor

Postby Satellite of faith » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:14 pm

The first thing I remember is watching some DM videos on tv."Walking in my shoes","enjoy the silence","freelove"...I'd heard those before but never really noticed them by then(pff...what a fool!)The weird mood of the videos pushed me to search their music.It's funny that mabe I wouldn't have become a fan if it wasn't for Anton Corbijn...;) Who knows...
Satellite of faith

Postby Isabelleken » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:26 pm

I became a fan in 1991 when I picked out "Violator" in the supermarket, as a present from my mum. All my friends were more into commercial music, but I picked out the dark music, and have never regretted it since. Since my mum got sick a couple years ago, they became my support through all the pain I had to go through, and are helping me cope now with her death. So now, I have gone to the level of a true Dave slave.;)
Isabelleken

Postby Danne » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:45 pm

Miss Tick wrote:By accident...:D

That made me smile. :rolleyes:
Danne

Postby Modesty » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:26 am

I saw 101 on the national television, and since that day they´re a part of my life
'Happiest Girl'
Modesty

Location: The home of Stjarna (Stockholm, Sweden to be more exact)

Postby 7bong8 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:17 am

Basically speaking, it was inevitable. I can't not be a Depeche Mode fan.
7bong8

Postby justfreelove » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:53 am

It was back in '87 or '88, when I was in high school (yeesh, I'm really showing my age now). I don't remember how I first heard them, but I guess it was probably either one of my friends or on 120 Minutes. Been a fan ever since...
justfreelove

Postby Neverwanttocomedown » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:09 am

I was about 9 years old and my brother was a DJ. He would always play DM all the time and I that was my first taste of DM. But beside that and hearing them on the radio, I was all about DM when Violator came out. I listen to that album almost everyday. :p
Neverwanttocomedown

Next

Return to Depeche Mode Related