Condemnation

Topics not related to Depeche Mode.

Condemnation

Postby LilyKiss » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:58 pm

So. I was driving to work one day last June. As I was going down a little slope in the road on my way into town, I approached 2 vehicles ahead of me. I could see that the one in front had a handicap license tag.

OK. I don't know how many of you live in small town USA where Wal-Mart is god... But if you're ever sitting in a Wal-Mart parking lot sometime w/ nothing better to do, just count the number of people w/ those handicap tags, who park in those handicap spots, and who walk/sprint into the store better than you can on your most energetic day...

In other words, we have a lot of so-called "handicapped" ppl in this area (where I live), but I think most of them are probably faking it just to get a few perks.

So anyway, back to my original story, "handicapped" woman decides to just stop in the middle of the road for no reason. The vehicle between us stops as well, and then so do I. So I just sit there. I look around, and there's no stupid reason for "handicap" to stop. Then, she proceeds a few feet, and stops again!

I was irritated, so I decided to just pass the poke-arses. The vehicle between me and "handicap" was a pathfinder, and I couldn't see around his big @rse. So I figured w/ this erratic, dumb redneck driving, it was a matter of time before somebody got rear-ended.

As I pass, low and behold, "handicap" decides she wants to turn left. W/out signalling, she just turns left, and I stop. Since I had control of my car, and was being CAUTIOUS, it was no big deal. I didn't nearly hit her, nothing happened, and the stupid woman never even turned her head to see me or notice me.

Well. The Pathfinder was actually 3 "DEA" cops, and they flipped out. I didn't know it at the time, and I didn't even look at them. They were beside me when "handicap" turned, and I could like, feel the hostility coming from their vehicle, even tho I never even looked at them. They let me pass, then they came after me down the street! They raced up beside me while we were both driving down the street, gave me a look like, "We gotcha now b!tch," laughing, and flashed a badge at me.

OK. Please understand me here. They were in a Pathfinder. They were wearing T-shirts and sunglasses. It was three guys who were my age. I NEVER sped. All I tried to do was pass a couple of vehicles who were stopping in the middle of the road for no reason. (And trust me, ppl stop on this road all the time, and motion you on to pass, or just expect you to pass. Ppl park on both sides of the road, so I figured it would be OK, esp., since they were both driving so stupidly!) The pathfinder had no sirens and no lights! ALL THEY HAD WAS ONE BADGE that they flashed at me, while they were driving beside me, like idiots, down one of the narrower parts of the street. They were driving like idiots, trying to cause me to wreck!

When they saw there was no way in hell I was going to pull over, they passed me. Then, they did squeally-wheelies down the street, and they looked like they were losing control of their vehicle. Finally, they skidded to a stop in the middle of the road and blocked me from passing.

By this point, I was slightly p!ssed. I was listening to 'Water from A Vineleaf' tho., so I was still kind of in a chilled-out mood. I just knew I was going to tell them in no uncertain terms they couldn't make me get out of the car...

I stopped. There were two solid gold lines in the street, so I couldn't pass. They came up to my car. "I DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE, I'M NOT COMING OUT!" I yelled out my window. For the next 30 mins. to an hour, they harrassed me. The police station was LITERALLY A BLOCK AWAY, but it took them that long to get to the situation!!! :mad:

One of the officers was a supreme smart@ss. He kept making my charges worse b/c I wouldn't get out of the car or show him my license. (Again, I DIDN'T KNOW WHO THEY WERE!) He'd say things like, "Lemme see you're license!" and I'd say, "No. I don't know who you are." Then, he'd say, "Alright! You just got reckless driving!" Then, he kept going up. Next was, "OK, that's resisting arrest!" and finally, "YOU'RE GOING TO JAIL!!!"

"SO you're just up-ing my charges b/c you're in a bad mood?" I said. "YES!" He smarted back. (Yup, the idiot even admitted to it! And the brotherhood heard him.) He tried to come thru my window at me at least once, grabbing at me. He threatened me w/ handcuffs. It was SO bad.

I accused them of voting for George Bush, I called them the Ton-Ton Macoute, I said they looked like 3 punks out having fun, and how would anyone think they were police officers... and repeatedly, at least 6 times, told them I didn't know who they were!

One had on a t-shirt that said "rum" on it. Another's t-shirt said, "Pink Floyd." Jerks. Wolves in sheeps clothing...

"Where are the police?" I challenged the jerks. "The police station's RIGHT THERE! Why do I pay taxes?!" :mad:

When uniformed officers finally showed up, at least two squad cars drove up, sirens blaring. It was humiliating. "TELL THEM TO TURN THOSE SIRENS OFF! THAT'S RIDICULOUS!" I yelled. I was obviously ticked by this point. I told them they didn't need to harrass me for just trying to drive past someone who was driving crazy. But they didn't care. I was the entertainment that afternoon.

This uniformed officer came up. "Finally, someone who will listen!" I said, but the other three jerks in t-shirts said, "OH YOU'RE GONNA GET IT NOW!!!" The uniformed @ss didn't even let me explain what happend. He came at me into my car and pulled me out! He handcuffed me and made me go to the police car and I started crying.

I kept yelling, "I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING TO DESERVE TO BE HANDCUFFED AND TAKEN TO JAIL!!!" But once I was in the police car, I knew it was too late.

I still managed to get my hands out of the police handcuffs though. ;) :D And the uniformed jerk never even knew it! It was the principle, you see. ;) :mad: So I sat there in the back of that stupid police car, that my taxes helped pay for, w/ my hands oh-so dangerously free...

Then, I just slipped them back in when we got to the jail. ;)

ANYWAY, this story's too long, so I'll be brief now... They took me to the jail house, the @ssjack in the t-shirt who harrassed me kept smarting off at me at the jailhouse, and nobody would do anything. The magistrate never even listened to my side of the story. My car was impounded. I was made to go to court and had to strike a bargin w/ the DA b/c they were @ssholes, too, and in it thick w/ the police and the judge. AND THE FIVE OFFICERS INVOLVED LIED about EVERYTHING!!! They said the first car never even stopped, I tried to run them off the road, and that I was resisting arrest among other things. LIED LIED LIED!!! The assistant DA even said she was there at the end and said I was screaming uncontrollably (which I wasn't, b/c I knew EXACTLY what I was doing the whole time). But she never even heard what I said, and never even knew why I was stopped by the jerks. And I tell you what... what woman in her RIGHT MIND would stop in a situation like that! I went above and beyond what I should have b/c I'm more compliant than most, ACTUALLY.

The system is EVIL.

You wouldn't believe the court situation I went thru... It was total kangeroo court, I kid you not. You should've seen what they did to the guy in the case before mine... 19 y/o kid... The DA accused him of "felonious embezzlement," WITH A STRAIGHT FACE, over $65 worth of dept. crap - which he had returned! He had to pay a HUGE FINE, and spend TWO DAYS in JAIL! Over $65! Which he gave back!!! :confused: :eek:

I myself had to pay at least $300 as part of the crappy deal. Yeah, I got screwed... but the 19 y/o 'got screwed and it broke up in him'...

I've had "Condemnation" on repeat in my CD player ever since.

Anybody else have some pig/bad cop stories?

I so wish I could bring down the system here...

I managed to get out of handcuffs, twice... (the second time was when they handcuffed me to the freakin' desk at the jail)... so I reckon I ought to be able to bring it down myself - eventually... ;)

Oh, and I can wait...
Wanted to feel the joy
Flow between our lips
LilyKiss

Postby Mucklan » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:06 pm

This sounds like something you see in movies:eek:. If it happend just like you told I feel sorry for you.

Don't have any real bad cop stories myself. Have been... not arrested...don't know how to say this in english. Anyway, was at a demonstration, the police surrounded more than houndered of people, made us sit on the streets for some hour or two, it was freezing and we where right in front of some club, so people kept passing by, starring. Then they grabbed one at a time, led them away to a bus. Before letting anyone on the bus they videotaped everyone, using a very bright light to make sure they saw you real good. They got several buses packed with people, then they drow away and dumped us at different locations, I ended up at some suburb I have never seen before. Not police brutality, but it wasn't my most pleasant experiance.

The system can be evil sometimes, but I'm to lazy to do something radical about it. I wote and complain, thats all. :rolleyes:
Mucklan
DMMB Veteran

Postby devoted2dm » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:28 pm

i vandalized someone's house when i was 14.. i really hated them and i walk past her house everyday, and i notice that her mom isn't home cos the car is gone (her mother is a waitress at IHOP) and so i figured her mom wasn't home...

one day after me and a few freinds went out to lunch, each of us took our cole slaw (i never eat the cole slaw, its gross), the extra lettuce and the squishy tomotes and a bunch of other things, picked up some things from 711 ("hot dog", microwave burrito, relish, etc.) and threw it at her house... then her mom comes out! she calls the police (and lucky for us, the police is like two blocks away, small town) and they get a police car which we see coming up the street so we totally make a run for it!

it was the most exciting (and scary) experience of my life. i didn't care where i was going, i just ran as fast as i could....
"If i had a normal family, I would've been a well-adjusted person."
devoted2dm

Postby candeo88 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:41 pm

Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry you had to go through that. That's awful. :mad:

I have never had something to that degree happen, but one of my brothers seems to get in some nasty situations. I can't remember all the details as they were both a few years ago. Here goes:

1) Driving down the highway, going about 5 miles above the limit, a cop flashes his lights at my brother. My brother pulls over and is immediately nervous as the officer comes flying out of his car, ranting and threatening him. He yelled that he was taking him to jail for driving a stolen car, for example. (It was his own car!) My brother wasn't sure if something was wrong with this guy, so he tried to inform him that he was staying in his car and calling the local police for assistance. (Which in theory you can do...) This guy didn't take that too well and kept threatening jail time and such. Luckily for my brother, the second officer on the scene actually listened to him. But, they couldn't just drop the charges and lose face, so he ended up with a ticket for being parked on the highway. We found out later that this guy has done this before to some friends of ours. Total psycho.

2) Drunk driver slammed into my brother's car one evening, then tried to flee the scene. My brother made sure he stayed put until an officer came. The officer took down some sort of report and let them both leave. My brother's car was totaled and he had some serious whiplash issues as a result. When following up on the case in order to get his insurance money, it turned out that the drunk driver was a son of the local sherrif. Needless to say, the guy never got charged with anything, even though this wasn't his first time driving while intoxicated. The officers never filed a report, and when asked, always said they "didn't know where the guy went." The guy was in town the whole time. Heck, just during a visit one weekend I saw him stumbling down the street, totally drunk.

Not only is that one frustrating, but makes me nervous that he's going to kill someone some day because he was never stopped.
candeo88

Postby Sancttuary » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:58 pm

Maybe I'll get flamed for this but I almost always stand on the side of the cops. The majority of cops are good. Police officers put their lives on the line everday and could/do die for the very people who call them pigs and direspect them every chance they get. Police officers walk and sometimes run into situations that we would never dare enter. Some police officers are jerks, but you have no idea what situation they may have just come from and what they saw. Part of their job description is not turning off feelings.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with a few agents, which I just cant imagine DEA's wasting thier time on a traffic violation, but I have the feeling by your explaination, that maybe you weren't as compliant as you should have been, by your own admission you were hurling insults, and maybe you did pass the person in a way that made them think you were being wreckless on the wrong side or in some illegal way that you didnt realize. They have to make the call. They dont know you and have no way of knowing your intention inside of your vehicle. Maybe they were just jerks as you said and you got a raw deal, but dont blanket an entire force of people who would lay down their life for you the instant you need them to. Thats what we/I as taxpayers pay them for and that is what they do everyday.
Sancttuary

Postby candeo88 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:17 pm

Sancttuary wrote:Maybe I'll get flamed for this but I almost always stand on the side of the cops. The majority of cops are good. Police officers put their lives on the line everday and could/do die for the very people who call them pigs and direspect them every chance they get...
No flames here. I agree and respect that they do a job that is dangerous and unpredictable. Something I would not want to do for a living. Still, in my family's and my dealings with various officers, maybe we just have some bad luck, but we seem to get ones who are either on a power trip or just flat-out rude. To me, the importance of their job doesn't excuse or justify that kind of behavior.
candeo88

Postby ultradevotee » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:19 pm

What an awful & scary experience indeed!

One of my friend's got in trouble years ago for making a silly remark as we walked past a policeman. I think she said something like "smells like roast pig in here." He freaked out, actually grabbed her by the arm and was screaming "what did you say? what did you say?" He threatened to arrest her, but ended up giving her some sort of ticket. The whole thing was just stupid really - I mean what did she do that was so wrong. It's not like she got right in his face and called him a pig or something worse. I guess he just had a complex! What an arse!
This is a soul dance embracing me
ultradevotee
DMMB Member

Postby Sancttuary » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:53 pm

candeo88 wrote:No flames here. I agree and respect that they do a job that is dangerous and unpredictable. Something I would not want to do for a living. Still, in my family's and my dealings with various officers, maybe we just have some bad luck, but we seem to get ones who are either on a power trip or just flat-out rude. To me, the importance of their job doesn't excuse or justify that kind of behavior.

I dont disagree with you. Like I said "the majority" are good. Yes some cops are on a power trip. Those are my favorite kind. Especially when they are younger than me. I just tease them and call them good looking or cutie pie and things like that. It eases the situation some. I've only had to deal with it about twice. It wasnt my situation but ones that had to do with family or something. If it was my situation I woudnt be doing that, I would be showing complete respect at all times because they dont know me or if I would pose a threat so its just best to be calm and respectful. I've seen some very cool things happen. One example is someone who was on parole that violated their parole, by driving without a license, and the cop, who had a jerk attitude, could have very easily sent that person back to jail for 20 years by taking him to county but he didnt. He had sympathy. The person still got in trouble, went to the city jail and paid a fine, but they are also home with their family because that cop wasnt such a jerk afterall.
Sancttuary

Postby LilyKiss » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:24 am

Sancttuary wrote:The majority of cops are good.

Oh Sancttuary... your post reminds me of why I don't really post on the board anymore.

As I don't even know where to begin w/ your post (b/c it's just wrong on so many different levels) I think I'll only be bothered to reply to this one quote of yours.

Upon hearing of my story, a dear police officer friend of mine said, "88% of them are pricks!"

Now I don't know about you, but I don't call 12% the majority. And this 88% is coming from a biased source, as well, so it's probably more.

But, oh well. Just as long as you refuse to understand where I'm coming from, that's all that matters. That's what keeps the flames alive, man. Soooo unilateral... that's what makes this country great! YEY.

candeo88 wrote:No flames here. I agree and respect that they do a job that is dangerous and unpredictable. Something I would not want to do for a living. Still, in my family's and my dealings with various officers, maybe we just have some bad luck, but we seem to get ones who are either on a power trip or just flat-out rude. To me, the importance of their job doesn't excuse or justify that kind of behavior.

Thank you. That's totally what I'm thinking.

Power-trip... totally. Rude... YES. They're supposed to be civil servants, right? But at least around here they think they are the law. No wait, scatch that... They think they're ABOVE it.

My friend once saw the "officer" who harrassed me the most during the incident. "He looks like a wife beater! :eek:" she exclaimed. (And she wasn't talking about Dave's shirt.) I was like, "Yup! That's what I was dealing w/." I also know there's rampant steroid abuse, but no one's doing anything about that either. So you've got a lot of overgrown, steroid-crazed bullies who think their above the law w/out the mental faculties to even understand basic morality... yeah. I love a police state. :eek:

*thinking*

Did you notice something? Even though Sancttuary's post has made me a bit annoyed... did I take it out on cameo or anyone else? NO. You know why? B/c I don't take my negative feelings out on ppl who don't deserve it. Just b/c I'm going into an unknown situation w/ unknown ppl and deal w/ ppl giving me sh!t for no reason, doesn't mean I automatically have a right to be an @sshole to other ppl. Why is it that some bad cops think they have a right to treat ppl like crap, even though they don't even know them? No. There's no excuse for that.
Wanted to feel the joy
Flow between our lips
LilyKiss

Postby LilyKiss » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:37 am

Sancttuary wrote: If it was my situation I woudnt be doing that, I would be showing complete respect at all times because they dont know me or if I would pose a threat so its just best to be calm and respectful.

SO. If three guys your age chased you down the road in an unmarked SUV thing, w/ no lights, no siren, in t-shirts and sunglasses, w/ nothing but a blur of a badge, telling you to pull over, and acting like arrogant jerks, w/ sarcastic "we gotcha now b!tch" redneck looks on their faces... you mean to tell me, you'd kiss their @sses?

I hope for your sake you wouldn't!

You can get a badge online very easily, you know.

The VERY same DAY this crap happened to me, a woman in Maryland was pulled over by some idiot on the highway, WHO EVEN HAD A COP LIGHT on his car. Needless to say, he WASN'T a cop. Now he knows all her personal information b/c she was so respectful and compliant...

There's an article in Cosmo about this. Ppl who impersonate officers and rape / kill women are not that uncommon...

Maybe if the REAL cops were doing their jobs these things wouldn't be happening so much.

But for some reason, at least a few think it's more important to blow their covers over a minor traffic violation (AT WORST) than to do what they're supposed to.
Wanted to feel the joy
Flow between our lips
LilyKiss

Next

Return to Not DM Related