BRAT please help us!

Talk about tours here.

BRAT please help us!

Postby modethirteen » Tue May 16, 2006 9:40 pm

First of all, I am very happy that Dave is doing better! We all wish the boys the very best! Additionally, I am very happy for all those fans who have enjoyed the past few concerts! I gather from all those post that the concerts were amazing! However . . .

I would like to make a direct request from our webmaster. Although other threads regarding the Chicago concert have declared that the concert has in fact been canceled. I was hoping to get a direct response from you. Afterall, this is the OFFICIAL DM website, and as such, the website should try to inform the thousand of fans who are still confused and still hold hope that it will be rescheduled. Please let us know whats going on. I see the following possibilities:

1) You do not have any official news from DM management to post on the Official DM website. Which would still leave us in limbo. :icon_conf
2) The chicago concert is in fact officially canceled and there will not be a new date. :( So lets all move on with our lives.
3) DM is still looking into the possibility of rescheduling the Chicago concert. :)
4) No concert at Allstate, but a possible new concert at another venue.:confused:

I realize that this matter has been discussed on other threads. But I beg you that you post something official on this the official DM website. DM will only have a couple more shows in the US, and we would like to know something official asap so that those who can, can make plans to see them this next weekend if this is our last chance to see them in the US.
I thank you for your effort! And will wait anxiously for a reply.
modethirteen
ignoring the F.A.Q.

Postby aapierre » Tue May 16, 2006 9:51 pm

Still Surviving :eek:
aapierre
DMMB Survivor

Postby modethirteen » Tue May 16, 2006 9:56 pm

Thanks for the link. But I think that post was intended for the confusion on 5/11/06, and the press release BRAT mentioned was the one released shortly there after indicating Dave had laryngitis. I was hoping to hear something official about the possible rescheduling of the concert indicated in that press release on 5/11/06.
modethirteen
ignoring the F.A.Q.

Postby Gore_Girl » Tue May 16, 2006 10:28 pm

I agree with your request for some more info about the cancellation of the Chicago show, but Modethirteen, just to let you know if you haven't seen it yet, there are some similar posts as yours (including one from myself ;) ) in the thread called "Chicago - POSTPONED OR CANCELLED????"
It does sound as if Dave is doing better, which is so great to hear, so it may have been just a matter of scheduling? I don't know, I wish someone would tell us. It's possible management is still in limbo about it, which may explain why nothing has been offically said yet? I understand your feeling too about wanting to know so we can figure out other possible plans. If I knew 101% they are coming back, I will just wait it out, otherwise, I want to travel elsewhere, and there's not much time left to plan that. I know everyone involved in working with the band (and of course the band themselves) have been super busy and going through a lot, but I do hope something official is said soon too.
it's a lot like life...
Gore_Girl

Postby modethirteen » Tue May 16, 2006 10:40 pm

Hi Gore Girl! I considered posting this on the thread you mentioned, but I was trying to catch BRAT's attention, and perhaps a response from him. I figured it might be buried with so many other posts and not replied to.
You share my exact feelings about all this. Im trying to be as patient as possible, but would love to hear something in order to make plans as time is quickly running out. Hope we all hear something official soon.
modethirteen
ignoring the F.A.Q.

Postby Gore_Girl » Tue May 16, 2006 11:14 pm

modethirteen wrote:Hi Gore Girl! I considered posting this on the thread you mentioned, but I was trying to catch BRAT's attention, and perhaps a response from him. I figured it might be buried with so many other posts and not replied to.
You share my exact feelings about all this. Im trying to be as patient as possible, but would love to hear something in order to make plans as time is quickly running out. Hope we all hear something official soon.

I understand what you're saying about posts getting buried along the way. With the events of the past week, there have been so many threads/posts about the same thing, so I can see your point. ;) Hopefully we'll hear something more official soon. And I'm trying to be as patient as I can right along with you.
it's a lot like life...
Gore_Girl

Postby Kimtoy » Tue May 16, 2006 11:21 pm

modethirteen wrote:Hi Gore Girl! I considered posting this on the thread you mentioned, but I was trying to catch BRAT's attention, and perhaps a response from him. I figured it might be buried with so many other posts and not replied to.

The FAQs state to email BRAT directly. I have a few times, and he has always responded in a most timely manner ;-)
I want to do more than survive I want to rub it in your face. Dresden Dolls
Kimtoy
DMMB Veteran

Postby Edlvr » Tue May 16, 2006 11:24 pm

I think you guys need to understand it's easier said then done. Besides just deciding they are going to reschedule, they have to first of all make sure that the venue is going to be available, and sign a new contract. They also have to be able to make arrangements to get all of the equipment over and setup team as well. I feel for you guys, I would be crushed if my chance to see DM was cancelled. I know it's easier said than done, please be patient. Brat doesn't hold information back, he'll post it as soon as he is given permission by management. If he were to leak something, he would risk losing the rights to say this is the 'Official Depeche Mode' website...
Edloverr - DM fans since '85
Edlvr
DMMB Veteran

Postby Sancttuary » Tue May 16, 2006 11:43 pm

If you want to catch BRATs attention then email him like we're suppose to do when we have direct questions for him. He's real good about answering when he gets time:p
Sancttuary

Postby modethirteen » Wed May 17, 2006 4:34 am

Thanks for the suggestion Santuary. ill email him tonight and hopefully get a reply. I just wanted to use the message board instead so that his reply could be read by the many fans who still feel are in limbo regarding the chicago show. But I'll try the email option instead.
modethirteen
ignoring the F.A.Q.

Next

Return to Past Tours Forum (archive only)