George Bush prepares for World War III

Topics not related to Depeche Mode.

George Bush prepares for World War III

Postby jedimiller » Sun May 07, 2006 2:43 pm

George Bush Speaks of World War III. Very Scary Stuff. First he invades Iraq, then plans to attack Iran... now he wants to start a WWIII. When is the insanity going to stop? Does anyone else see an Empire forming here or is it just me? Personally, I wish he was impeached. read here.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060505/pl_afp/usattacksbushwwiii
jedimiller

Postby DressedInBlack » Sun May 07, 2006 3:55 pm

Blah blah Bush blah blah nucklear blah blah Iran blah blah North Korea blah blah Islamic fundamentalism blah blah Christianity pwns blah blah I'm Cheney's bitch blah blah

So what? He is calling the so-called war against terrorism (who knows what your administration is calling it today... Seems to change on a daily basis) a global action and thus calling it World War III. It is just three little words. No need to get your knickers in a bunch.

Empire? Ha ha... Hardly. Empire requires the USA to have its hands on numerous land masses around the world that actually have some importance and unite them under somesort of imperialistic authority. Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico (and some additional small little reefs and islands) hardly classifies the U.S. as an empire. Going to war with several nations at the same time does also not suddenly make you and Empire because you are a superpower. Also having lots and lots of money also does not classify you as an empire. $8.3 trillion in debt also would not make you an empire. Unless the USA magically starts conquering the world (and going to war in Iraq and Afghanistan hardly counts as conquerring) and taking over lands in violation of every single multinational agreement it has ever signed, the USA will remain as it is...

The U.S. likes to think

Why would you impeach him? You Yanks have less than 2 years to deal with him. Given the time impeachment can take and the complexity, why waste your tax dollars?
DressedInBlack

Postby DressedInBlack » Sun May 07, 2006 4:10 pm

Meant to finish that sentence.

The U.S. admin likes to think it is some supreme body when really it isn't... The USA just has control over what we like to watch on TV ;)
DressedInBlack

Postby DMfanTX » Sun May 07, 2006 5:05 pm

jedimiller wrote:First he invades Iraq, then plans to attack Iran... now he wants to start a WWIII. When is the insanity going to stop?

No where in that article does it say HE WANTS TO START WWIII.

Bush said:
"The September 11 revolt of passengers against their hijackers on board Flight 93 had struck the first blow of "World War III."
"I believe that it was the first counter-attack to World War III."

We along with many nations of the world are fighting a bunch of terrorist. It is a global war on terrorism. Whether it be Spain, England, Russia, Japan, Philippines, Indonesia, and America... we are fighting a bunch of people hell-bent on taking innocent lives.

better to kill a bunch of terrorist over there than to have them strike the U.S. or it's allies.

and... I'm so glad that Zacarias Moussaoui got life in prison. He wanted to be a martyr... if the U.S. executed him he would die a hero (to a bunch of terrorist). Now he is going to rot in prison.
DMfanTX

Postby DMfanTX » Sun May 07, 2006 5:08 pm

"wanted to be a ........."
don't know why but the message board {censored} the word m_a_r_t_y_r
DMfanTX

Postby Lansky » Sun May 07, 2006 5:16 pm

Martyr is name of unreleased song by DM. Probably BRAT wants to stop the rumours about it.
For all the fans from Istanbul to Zagreb....Enjoy the Silence!
Lansky

Postby halodedm » Sun May 07, 2006 6:44 pm

George Bush a war idealist???
halodedm

Postby silversynth » Sun May 07, 2006 6:55 pm

The only reason leaders are stupid is because stupid people follow their stupid orders.
silversynth
DMMB Survivor

Postby Lansky » Sun May 07, 2006 6:59 pm

silversynth wrote:The only reason leaders are stupid is because stupid people follow their stupid orders.

SHOULD READ:

The only reason leaders are stupid is because stupid people elect them.
For all the fans from Istanbul to Zagreb....Enjoy the Silence!
Lansky

Postby devoted2dm » Sun May 07, 2006 8:05 pm

that's easy for someone to say if they don't know anything about voting in america....

we vote for our delegates, who vote for the president. that's why we have a popular vote and then the vote that counts.

people say, well what's the difference? there's a big difference. if the popular vote counted, Gore would've been president instead of Bush in his first term.
"If i had a normal family, I would've been a well-adjusted person."
devoted2dm

Next

Return to Not DM Related