Depeche Mode on Sirius Radio Starting Monday!!!

Talk about tours here.

Depeche Mode on Sirius Radio Starting Monday!!!

Postby STLMODEMAN » Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:53 am

Starting Monday, April 24th, DJ Richard Blade from Sirius radio will have Depeche Mode on starting at noon doing a special Touring The Angel 2006 live broadcast. The station number is 22 - First Wave. The boy's will be on everyday next week starting at noon. You can read about it on the Sirius website. Click the Rock link and follow that to the First Wave link where you can read it yourself. Tune in and see what the boy's have to say about the upcoming US leg of the tour.
STLMODEMAN
DMMB Member

Postby jenihalo » Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:54 am

Richard Blade is the best DJ on Sirius
"You're a taquito with a moustache. And french fry fingers..."
jenihalo

Postby hiram » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:58 am

Hell, I would say Richard Blade is the best DJ anywhere, especially in regards to classic alternative music.
hiram

Postby lossimo » Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:06 am

Sirius is the best thing to happen to radio since radio!!
First wave,Big 80's and of course Howard Stern,all I could want or need!!

Baba Booey to Y'all!!!
lossimo

Please record and share!!! ;)

Postby Loaded Gun » Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:19 am

Can somebody please record and it upload the TTA set ASAP onto a file-hosting site like sendspace, rapidshare, yousendit or megaupload. I don't have Sirius radio and I'm sure a lot of other fans around the world would appreciate it greatly.

The set on Monday was probably recorded professionally and mixed nicely on a soundboard. It could possibly be our first set from the tour that is not a live bootleg. My guess it maybe one of the shows from Milan, Italy. It would be very cool to have.:)
Loaded Gun

Postby Loaded Gun » Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:36 am

First Wave Rewind
Monday - Friday 12 pm ET
Rebroadcast: Monday - Friday 12 am ET
Join Richard Blade every weekday at noon as he celebrates the birthdays of First Wave artists, remembers major event dates in classic alternative music history and features the words and music from some of your favorite First Wave artists.

Special guests: Depeche Mode (Touring The Angel 2006 Special)

Mon. 4/24 Depeche Mode
Tue. 4/25 Depeche Mode
Wed. 4/26 Depeche Mode
Thur. 4/27 Depeche Mode
Fri. 4/28 Depeche Mode

Oops, I got too excited and thought your post said they were going to include a live concert from one of the TTA shows. Shucks, I have to learn to read!:p
Loaded Gun

Postby Loaded Gun » Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:40 am

Either way please record and share with the world what they broadcast!;)
Loaded Gun

Postby hallucinojen » Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:19 am

hey that's pretty cool. My boyfriend used to have Sirius and I would make him listen to First Wave every time I went in the car. He doesn't have it anymore...so yeah..someone upload pretty pretty pretty please :o
And all those voices in my head have every right to be there
hallucinojen

Postby 007 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:53 pm

So Eastern Time (ET) is 5 hrs behind UK right?
It's the dark night of my soul...

Postby windscreenfly » Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:23 pm

007 wrote:So Eastern Time (ET) is 5 hrs behind UK right?

I believe so. Does the UK switch over for Daylight Savings? If you do, and you're on that time now, then yes, it should be 5 hours behind.

FYI, you can register at Sirius' site for a free 72 hour streaming pass. ;)

I hope it's better than the other lame interviews Blade does at noon. They're mostly (literally!) 30 second interview clips.

Have to say, this is nice, but when Mozzer released his new album, they did an entire weekend of Smiths/Moz music. So unless it's more than 30 second clips next week, I'm underwhelmed with Sirius' DM programming stunt.

And side note, is it just me, or is First Wave LAME?! I mean, I loved Take on Me back in the day, but I can't hear it every 12 hours! SHEESH! Enough with the Tainted Love, Forever Young, If You Leave. Even the DM stuff. I mean, it's nice to hear WIME and PoT, but come on! There's so much more to DM in album tracks, b-sides. Yeah, occasionally they throw in some other less predictable stuff, but not often enough, in my book. XM's classic alternative station (Fred) is MUCH better, IMO. Rare stuff, album tracks, etc... *sigh*
windscreenfly

Next

Return to Past Tours Forum (archive only)