Vegas show

Talk about tours here.

Vegas show

Postby HigherLove for DM » Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:30 am

Hi there! I got tix today and am so excited!! Already have seen em once in Cali and now i'm thrilled get to see em again! I'm on my way Dave! =)

Had some questions if anyone could help answer em?

My sis and I ended up paying around $160 for two bleacher seats on the east side, i think row J? But I read somewhere that someone almost got the '$70 bleacher seats' but ended up going for the $150 ones? Does this mean we didn't really get good seats? Hmm...

2nd q - since these tix actually have a section/row/seat number, will there be a line for reserved bleaching seating people as well?

3rd q - i've never been to such an event at the hard rock - are the concerts the same length as if they were at a 'regular' venue? are they shorter? longer?

4th q - do they sell any kind of merchandise? can i look forward to buying another DM beanie or t??

=)

thanks for anyone's help!!
HigherLove for DM

Postby halodedm » Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:37 am

great to hear of more dm fans in Vegas..i have tickets in bleachers too...i wento the san diego concert in nov..so is my second of this tour...
hope to meet you all...and we have to beggin to plan a preshow party
halodedm

Postby dacon1508 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:43 am

HigherLove for DM wrote:Hi there! I got tix today and am so excited!! Already have seen em once in Cali and now i'm thrilled get to see em again! I'm on my way Dave! =)

Had some questions if anyone could help answer em?

My sis and I ended up paying around $160 for two bleacher seats on the east side, i think row J? But I read somewhere that someone almost got the '$70 bleacher seats' but ended up going for the $150 ones? Does this mean we didn't really get good seats? Hmm...

2nd q - since these tix actually have a section/row/seat number, will there be a line for reserved bleaching seating people as well?

3rd q - i've never been to such an event at the hard rock - are the concerts the same length as if they were at a 'regular' venue? are they shorter? longer?

4th q - do they sell any kind of merchandise? can i look forward to buying another DM beanie or t??

=)

thanks for anyone's help!!

Q1) depends on what the seat number is... both side bleachers are numbered from 1 to 91.. however how good the seat is depends on which side of the bleachers you are on:

Westside: the higher the number, the better seat you have (91 to 1)
Eastside: the lower the number, the better seat you have (1 to 91)

As far as the rows go, (lettered A to R), they go up, so 1st row = A, 2nd row= B, 3rd row=C, etc...

Q2) There will probably be a line, whether or not you are reserved or not, however, there is no point in showing up 4-5 hours early with the SRO folks who want a good spot in the SRO section, unless of course, you want to mingle with fellow DM fans (which is half of the fun in the first place).

Q3) If I am not mistaken, in reading posts here, while the songs may vary, change from venue to venue, the amount of songs performed stays the same, and I wouldn't think that playing at Hard Rock would change anything. That being said, since this is an outdoor venue (pray for nice cool weather, no rain), albeit a temporary one, maybe Dave, Martin, Fletch, and co. might pull out a couple of Vegas surprises (I've heard somewhere that next to a couple of cities in Europe, and Los Angeles.. where they have an a god-like status, Vegas is one of their favorite stops to tour)... that would explain why they're playing here for the second time in less than half a year).

Q4) Never been to a concert at Hard Rock Outdoor venue, so I can't say for sure how big/small the merchandise area would be... The one inside the joint is pretty small, IMHO, however since this is an outdoor temporary venue, I'm guessing you're going to see a lot of makeshift kiosks selling all the DM PTA Tour goodies, that you're craving.
dacon1508

Postby suprefan » Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:02 am

dacon1508 wrote:Q1) depends on what the seat number is... both side bleachers are numbered from 1 to 91.. however how good the seat is depends on which side of the bleachers you are on:

Westside: the higher the number, the better seat you have (91 to 1)
Eastside: the lower the number, the better seat you have (1 to 91)

As far as the rows go, (lettered A to R), they go up, so 1st row = A, 2nd row= B, 3rd row=C, etc...

Q2) There will probably be a line, whether or not you are reserved or not, however, there is no point in showing up 4-5 hours early with the SRO folks who want a good spot in the SRO section, unless of course, you want to mingle with fellow DM fans (which is half of the fun in the first place).

Q3) If I am not mistaken, in reading posts here, while the songs may vary, change from venue to venue, the amount of songs performed stays the same, and I wouldn't think that playing at Hard Rock would change anything. That being said, since this is an outdoor venue (pray for nice cool weather, no rain), albeit a temporary one, maybe Dave, Martin, Fletch, and co. might pull out a couple of Vegas surprises (I've heard somewhere that next to a couple of cities in Europe, and Los Angeles.. where they have an a god-like status, Vegas is one of their favorite stops to tour)... that would explain why they're playing here for the second time in less than half a year).

Q4) Never been to a concert at Hard Rock Outdoor venue, so I can't say for sure how big/small the merchandise area would be... The one inside the joint is pretty small, IMHO, however since this is an outdoor temporary venue, I'm guessing you're going to see a lot of makeshift kiosks selling all the DM PTA Tour goodies, that you're craving.

We will see what to expect after they play in California. I think the biggest changes will be seen at Coachella and maybe not a big variance for Vegas. Yeah the Joint show was great in November and I liked that they took out Somebody and put Question of Lust instead.
suprefan

Postby HigherLove for DM » Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:21 pm

HOw do you think the sound quality will be outside? That's the only thing I"m worried about honestly...afterall, I'm really going for their music...

My sis and I actually bought tickets for BOTH shows..the vegas and then the tx one! we're thinking about going to both but not sure at this point....i'd only go to tx if I thought the vegas one wasn't very good...

do you guys think it'll be a good show??
HigherLove for DM

Postby los.angelista » Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:05 pm

I saw them outside in Chicago on June 11, 1994. There was a massive thunderstorm going on and although I had fears about either me or Martin getting struck by lightning, it was a fantastic show. I don't think we'll have the thunderstorm problem in Vegas!
los.angelista

Postby MadMission » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:48 am

I have a question if anyone has knowledge of this venue. I have a seat in Row A..now I am wondering if Row A is elevated or really just on ground level. If the second is the case, than I wonder if I will be able to see over the sro crowd. Hmmmm??
MadMission

Postby myjoydm » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:49 am

row A is elevated, so seeing over the crowd will be no problem.
myjoydm
DMMB Survivor

Postby housegirl » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:55 am

MadMission wrote:I have a question if anyone has knowledge of this venue. I have a seat in Row A..now I am wondering if Row A is elevated or really just on ground level. If the second is the case, than I wonder if I will be able to see over the sro crowd. Hmmmm??

HEY.. I have row A also.. :) Row A starts at the bottom of the bleachers, so yeap, they are elevated. I have a pair of seats on the east bleacher (seats in the 60's) and I also have a pair of GA tickets.. Not sure which I'm going to keep yet. I'm leaning more towards keeping the seats since they are reserved and they are off the floor so I'll have a better view then being stuck behind someone taller then me.
housegirl

Postby HigherLove for DM » Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:28 am

housegirl wrote:HEY.. I have row A also.. :) Row A starts at the bottom of the bleachers, so yeap, they are elevated. I have a pair of seats on the east bleacher (seats in the 60's) and I also have a pair of GA tickets.. Not sure which I'm going to keep yet. I'm leaning more towards keeping the seats since they are reserved and they are off the floor so I'll have a better view then being stuck behind someone taller then me.

Hi there! do you guys know for sure that the bleacher seating is actually NUMBERED? I read somewhere that there will still be lines for reserved bleacher seats, but why would that be? I called the hard rock and they weren't very helpful....my ticket does have a seat number but not sure if the bleachers will actually be written with numbers?
HigherLove for DM

Next

Return to Past Tours Forum (archive only)