Best and Worst Endings to DM Songs

Discussion for Depeche Mode, and Depeche Mode related topics.

Best and Worst Endings to DM Songs

Postby PIMPFER » Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:58 am

Best Ending: In Your Room

Worst Ending: Pleasure, Little Treasure.
PIMPFER
sort of read the F.A.Q.

Postby hallucinojen » Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:09 am

its not a terrible ending, but a notable one: the ending to Master And Servant. It always makes me smile.

Any ending that consists of the song fading out is disappointing to me. I know there's a lot with DM but it would be cooler for some fancier endings more often, although I know for live sets they always come up with a good ending. I'll probably think of some more later :)
And all those voices in my head have every right to be there
hallucinojen

Postby freelove77 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:30 am

hallucinojen wrote:Any ending that consists of the song fading out is disappointing to me.

I totally agree. I don't like songs fading out either; it's as though the producer didn't know how to end the song, so he just went for the easier way.

Personally, I love the ending of Pleasure Little Treasure. It,s quite original. But is there and ending that I really hate or love??? Hmmm...Can't really think of one right now. Oh yeah, I love when Dave is going "sssshhhhh..." at the end of Goodnight Lovers! It's so adorable...:D
Is simplicity best... or simply the easiest?
freelove77

Postby DS12 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:39 am

hallucinojen wrote: Any ending that consists of the song fading out is disappointing to me.

Exactly how I feel! And I thought I was the only one.... They've been cutting down on fade outs as of late (thank god). Fade outs feel like the way you end a song when you've got no better ideas on how to end it. If you use it once and again, it's ok, but DM used it for every single song in the 80s.

PLT has a pretty terrible ending. I've always liked the MaS ending though :)
DS12

Postby Lilgracie » Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:42 am

LOVE THEIVES!!!
Hell Yeah!
Lilgracie

Postby Lilgracie » Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:44 am

Oh sorry..."Love theives"..the best!
Ummm...would have to say "I Feel Loved" worst
Lilgracie

Postby MCinCALI » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:40 am

PIMPFER wrote:Worst Ending: Pleasure, Little Treasure.

It scared the hell out of me the first time I hear the ending. Hearing it at night for the first time is not such a grand idea. Now I like it.

I guess the worst has to be the ones that fade out. I don't understand why they have to end that way.
I'm not sure I have a best. I really like Master and Servant, and Precious, and Suffer Well, IMHO.
Something so worthless serves a purpose...
MCinCALI
DMMB Survivor

Postby Mode4ever » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:56 am

I like songs that fade out instead of coming to a complete stop. That annoys me so much! Some songs I can deal with like Dream On but others just suck.

I think the best ending to a song is Clean and Enjoy the Silence.

The worst would have to be My Secret Garden and Suffer Well. I hate that scratchy, screachy sound at the end of SW. :icon_mad:
Mode4ever

Postby Memphistopheles » Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:07 am

hallucinojen wrote:Any ending that consists of the song fading out is disappointing to me.

Except for a few cases, (e.g.: Behind The Wheel), I agree with you in that point.
I want to tell my side of the case...
Memphistopheles

Endings? WHICH Endings?

Postby bogus orphan » Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:10 am

[quote="freelove77"]I totally agree. I don't like songs fading out either]

but "pleasure little treasure" DOES just fade out!

perhaps you mean the "glitter mix" of that song?

similarly, when someone mentioned the ending of "master and servant" I wondered, "WHICH one?", as the "normal" ending and the "slavery whip mix" ending are both good ones for different reasons
bogus orphan

Next

Return to Depeche Mode Related