The *NEW* New York City thread

Talk about tours here.

The *NEW* New York City thread

Postby JennDM » Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:49 pm

Sorry, I hate creating new threads, but that last one got kind of crazy with the signing and all. OK...with that said...(growling cuz I didn't find out about the Bowery show giveaway at the signing or at J&R)...

For December 7th (Weds), there were some suggestions about Mustang Harry's on 7th Ave or the Blarney Stone on 32nd Street. Any other takers?

For December 8th (Thurs), I also have tix and will probably looking to have a drink or two before the show. For a change of pace, I suggest The Gingerman on 35th between 6th and Madison.

Who's with me???
This crippled, crooked mess
JennDM

Postby blklegend » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:24 pm

I might be able to make it for a pre concert drink depends if I can get out of work in time, but I have another thread going for a post party.

Here is the link for the Post Party for NYC.

http://forums.depechemode.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14418
blklegend

Postby Diana_NYC » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:41 pm

Last time they were here, I passed a spot on 7th around 32nd that was playing DM as I passed by, I think it was called Seven. There is also a Goth club in the area called Albion (on 30th...they play DM) but I don't know if it will be open those nights or if people would be into going to a club. It would be cool to find a spot near MSG though.

There are some spots in the east and west village who play DM sets on certain nights. These might be good for after the show:

Pyramid (Thursdays - 101 Avenue A bet. 6-7) New Wave 80's dance party (read: lots of DM and similar)
Trash! @ Rififi (Fridays... sorry - 332 East 11th) same music set as above
Luke+Leroy's (21 7th Avenue South, bet. Carmine & Leroy) same music set as above (don't know if this is every night)

Just some options :)
Diana_NYC

Postby haloaroundmyshoes » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:36 pm

Looking forward to the pre and post parties on both nights.
Everything counts
haloaroundmyshoes
DMMB Veteran

Postby Cheetara101 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:11 pm

I'm going to both concerts in NYC. So I'm open to going to some post parties...:D
Twitter/YouTube: Cheetara101
Cheetara101

Postby buddah26 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:56 pm

Pyramid is always fun. I wish I was going to the second show, it would give me the chance to party until monday, lol.
buddah26

Postby world in my eyes » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:05 pm

I am probably more likely to be in the mood for after show meeting and dancing. I will be there 12/8/05. Just keep posting so we are know where we will be meeting up.
world in my eyes

Postby nertiacrep » Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:51 pm

Diana_NYC wrote:Trash! @ Rififi (Fridays... sorry - 332 East 11th) same music set as above

Jesse, one of the DJs at Trash is a HUGE DM fan. He usually wears his leather jacket and tight jeans en homage to Dave.
I can see if they maybe want to set something up for the night of the 8th.
nertiacrep

Postby ubchick4ever » Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:19 am

That sounds awesome! Yes, definitely should find out if they can set something up! We can have a huge DM fan entourage traveling from MSG to downtown ... what a sight we'll be!
ubchick4ever

Postby world in my eyes » Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:13 am

Sounds good to go to a place where we can the DJ to play DM, because we will all be very devoted hardcore DM fans and extra DM energized from the concert.
world in my eyes

Next

Return to Past Tours Forum (archive only)