Not The HAppiest Girl

Discussion for Depeche Mode, and Depeche Mode related topics.

Not The HAppiest Girl

Postby KellyDaniel51 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:01 pm

here's my complaint...
What is the point of logging on within the first "seconds" of the "PRE"sale, yet ending up with nosebleed tix in the very last section up at the very back of the venue! i'm so MAD!!!
That's rediculous, I'll tell you the problem, TOO many people had access to the presale password, thru either Ticket-horder or KROQ & this was for the "THIRD" Los Angeles show at the pond, you would think chances would be better to get decent seats especially thru presale,
I'm disgusted with that system, now there's NO POINT in doing presale for DM, at least in LA area.

I think we should go back to the old-school way of purchasing tix, No online, no presale, just good old fashion FIRST COME FIRST SERVE...get off your but & stand in line, or "camp-out" like we used to do here in LA & OC back in the 80's for DM- yes I'm in my thirties, i've camped-out for DM at least 8 times, those were the best times all-nighters getting to know other DM fans, oh yeah & none of this wristband crap, who decided THAT was fair? that's Not fair, who votes for first come first serve????
If you live in the area you should get tix for your area, not buy tix online in new york to fly here to see dm & take AWAY seats from our people in our Area!!!!!!!!!!!!!Come ON????????
So disappointed..........i might just sell these tickets, & visit a broker & spend way too much for decent tix
"I'm NOT the HAPPIEST GIRL"
KellyDaniel51

Postby CFA25 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:50 pm

I never like the fact that I would stand in line for hours and get a wristband then when it came time to buy the tickets, the last guy that just got his wristband after getting there a minute ago, gets to be first in line. On the other hand, if we were to go back to the "old" way of getting tickets, then scalpers would take their friends, family, and pets to stand in line before anyone else and horde up all the tickets. I think that is one of the reasons why we all had to go to the wristband system. Oh yeah....Ticketmaster sucks.
"...and as it happens, it happens here in this house."
CFA25
sort of read the F.A.Q.

Postby Thelonegunman » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:36 pm

I only managed to get one ticket for the Pond show even though I bought it within less than 5 minutes after the sale began. And it wasn't the best seat but at least the Pond isn't a huge venue and I don't care as long as I can see DM. But you're right, its a messed up system.
Even the stars look brighter tonight
Nothing's impossible
Thelonegunman

Postby serene23 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:10 pm

I live in LA. I did the presale, I got 9th row from the stage in the center. Worked for me.
serene23
DMMB Survivor

Postby 14dmode » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:24 pm

I'd already purchased my tickets in Section 106 for Staples Center. Minutes later I checked later and found I could have had Floor Section 5, Row 1. Oh well.

At this point in their career, you should just suck it up and be glad DM is even touring...or making new music.
14dmode

Postby Higherluv » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:30 pm

I'm from the old school days when you camped outside a Ticketmaster outlet and had no choice but to purchase them in person...with cash only.

Thinking back, I never got amazing seats back then. Every now and then you'd get lucky and a few good seats would pop up for you, but it was just as much of a gamble back then as it is these days. And NOTHING ticked me off more than the whole "stand in line for a wristband" farce...like someone else here said, you could be first in line and end up being the last to purchase tickets.

Ticketmaster obviously isn't going to give everyone the seats they want, but since there isn't much of an option these days thanks to technology...it's either buy through them or spend 3 times the amount of face value with a broker to be closer.

It's funny, back in the day, waiting in line overnight for tickets, no one really cared where they sat at, everyone just wanted a ticket so they could get in the venue and enjoy whoever the artist was...these days, it has nothing to do with just getting in...everyone is obsessed with how close they are to the stage.
"Heaven bound on the wings of love, there is so much you can rise above..."
Higherluv

Postby Little15 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:39 pm

KellyDaniel51 wrote:.

If you live in the area you should get tix for your area, not buy tix online in new york to fly here to see dm & take AWAY seats from our people in our Area!!!!!!!!!!!!!Come ON????????
"I'm NOT the HAPPIEST GIRL"

So people should be forced to only attend shows in their area? so we cant travel to see the world....that would certainly suck....but vegas, los angles, san diego, and (gasp) wembley here I come.
Although I do have to say I dont agree with ticket agencys snagging seats all over the map and then selling them. Maybe THEY should be forced to stick with their own area.

I do remember the days of standing in line for hours and hours at the nearest wherehouse waiting for tickets to go on sale....sigh.....Those were the days!
Little15

Postby yankaz » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:09 pm

I would be glad to get ticket here in Europe. Tickets are completely sold out in Prague, Budapest...... half a year before the event. So tell me who`s not the happiest girl.
yankaz

Postby KellyDaniel51 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:29 am

I know,
I AM greatful to even have a ticket, & greatful that 22 Years! later it is still this hard to get even a floor seat is unbelievable!

Depeche has ALWAYS been my #1 favorite band, I'm getting too old for this, oh well, my brothers always tease me - they say, one day depeche will be rolled out on stage in wheelchairs and there will be Kelly in the front row! I'ts so true they are my love till the day I die, I even have DM songs picked out to be played at my funeral, they are part of my soul...
KellyDaniel51

Return to Depeche Mode Related