What's your opinion on America.

Topics not related to Depeche Mode.

What's your opinion on America.

Postby BlueAura » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:10 am

I know alot of you are from other countries esp. european ones.

Many have differnt opinions on country,what's you say on The USA?
BlueAura

Postby Born Confused » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:29 am

Goverment, people, place itself or overall view?
I remember food, people used to have to eat it during the prohibition
Born Confused

Postby SuperNovaIa » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:34 am

i'm not a big fan of USA. have been twice, spent 3 months alltogether there travelling with my American family.... and definitely prefer the Old continent. i couldn't live in the US. but it's only my opinion. 2 tiring 4 me.
SuperNovaIa

Postby PG » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:15 pm

Have been to the US 3 times, including a 3 month tour. Like any other country it has it's good points and bad points. Loved places like NYC, Miami beach, New Orleans, LA, San Diego, Hawai'i, San Francisco, Chicago and Las Vegas.

Was very impressed by the hopitality of the people I met over there. Made lots of friends and am always being invited over for holidays etc.

Made the mistake of travelling the country via those Greyhound buses though.......felt like a travelling freak show at times !

Great to visit, but couldn't live there. Would miss England too much, and proper football !!
PG
DMMB Survivor

Postby BlueAura » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:06 pm

Born Confused wrote:Goverment, people, place itself or overall view?

Overall view.
BlueAura

Postby StrippedDip » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:00 pm

I think the US has some of the biggest tools in the world, but that's just my opinion.
StrippedDip

Postby plecc » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:04 pm

Only been to newyork it was ok the yanks there seemed to think that london copied NY city even though london has been around since the roman times??? and they also kept going on about how great the irish and scots are and slagging off the english cos of the war of independence but i thought that war was a British thing and not just english? they have little understanding of the british tag do they......
plecc

Postby JaveDMode » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:26 pm

plecc wrote:Only been to newyork it was ok the yanks there seemed to think that london copied NY city even though london has been around since the roman times??? and they also kept going on about how great the irish and scots are and slagging off the english cos of the war of independence but i thought that war was a British thing and not just english? they have little understanding of the british tag do they......

For real? So those New Yorkians still can't get over something that happened hundreds of years ago? I am curious to know what they say?
Trust no one.

Fight the future.
JaveDMode

Location: A cold black room, shadowed by a veil of gloom... Houston, Texas, U.S.A.

Postby devoted mode » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:48 pm

Seriously. I don't think I've heard the "war of independence" mentioned since 4th grade history class.
devoted mode

Postby kottetrance » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:52 pm

do not be offended by my point of view on America

Bloated, Overrated,
kottetrance

Next

Return to Not DM Related