From Devotee to Devotee ...

Discussion for Depeche Mode, and Depeche Mode related topics.

From Devotee to Devotee ...

Postby UltraBlack » Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:59 pm

All,

as you are all by now aware, the first single "accidentally" leaked on the net and is now floating around.
This is a very regretful event for the band, its management and the people who were trusted to hold the confidentiality of the first single high.

As you all know the internet has given many of us the opportunities to load songs from whichever artist for as good as free. Yet before the internet was there it was the artist who had to put hard labour into his carreer with many sacrifices. Now a single click on the net should make you wonder why a artist would still put energy in something without being able to make a good living out of it.

Despite this "leak" event, a request would like to be made to every single Depeche Mode fan on this planet. The request is simple and strong and is only asking you to show your good will and appreciation to 3 men who have made our life so much easier and pleasant. The request is to please buy the original single and 12" versions. Not only as a "nice to have" something, but especially to support the band in it is new direction.

It is about time that the band is given what it deserves and that is a number one hit around the world with a single. And even though a simple click makes it easy to take it from the net, the difficult way of going to a shop and buy the single gives much more gratitude.

Perhaps the band will not show immediately their gratitude from their side, but for sure if we all show our support by buying the real single and continue doing this for the next years, a form of gratitude will be shown in the next years by delivering us more pleasures in music as the band will realise that there is a genuine fan base for the genuine product.

Thank you for taking on board the idea.

Kind regards
UltraBlack
Let me hear you make decisions, without your television.
UltraBlack

Postby nathalie » Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:39 pm

Beautifully put UltraBlack and I think DM fans are known for being religious in their active support when buying every cd single/remix/album available ...! So I don't think that their efforts will be overlooked in any way...In fact at times if we are all barking mad(buying tickets before an album's even been released etc) ,in the nicest possible way of course ;-)
nathalie
DMMB Survivor

single

Postby MANC MODE » Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:42 pm

i`ll buy the new single at least 2 versions of it `most the mode singles i have there are 2 or 3 versions of ``dont worry i`m sure it will still sell
MANC MODE

Postby JaveDMode » Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:52 pm

You don't have to tell me twice. You didn't even have to tell me once. It's as good as bought.
I sure do hope that tons of people will go out and buy the new stuff.
Trust no one.

Fight the future.
JaveDMode

Location: A cold black room, shadowed by a veil of gloom... Houston, Texas, U.S.A.

Postby Tonmeister Jones » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:28 pm

Let me get this straight, you're asking the members of the official Depeche Mode forum to buy the single when it comes out?

Duh.
Tonmeister Jones

Postby depsure » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:33 pm

UltraBlack wrote:
Now a single click on the net should make you wonder why a artist would still put energy in something without being able to make a good living out of it.

????
Artist (not just DM), make a very good living in the music business. If you can earn a living and live very comfterably without having to work 40 + hours a week, work hard that at the end of the day ur body is sore all over. You are doing just fine. Depeche Mode in praticular has made so much money over the years, they could a live a few lifetimes over and over.
I dont think its wrong to dload music online, i think its wrong when people sell copies of downloaded material.
Real fans will buy the albums.
depsure

Postby lorraine » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:17 pm

I will still buy every format I can lay my hands on, and the album!!! Dont matter what I manage to download the best bit is having a cd/12 inch!!!
lorraine

Postby modecollector » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:21 pm

You could probably live a 'Rockstar' lifestyle for a fair while... just with the money I've spent over the years on cd's ,vinyl, dvds and cassettes(!) etc. I will be buying every single, all editions and probably a few non uk pressings just because I'm daft like that.
modecollector

Postby nathalie » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:31 pm

modecollector wrote:You could probably live a 'Rockstar' lifestyle for a fair while... just with the money I've spent over the years on cd's ,vinyl, dvds and cassettes(!) etc. I will be buying every single, all editions and probably a few non uk pressings just because I'm daft like that.

Daft but not alone! :-D
nathalie
DMMB Survivor

Postby creamgirl » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:41 pm

Sorry, but I get provoked as heck when I read this kind of messages.

Yes, the song leaked. Yes, a lot of people will have it on mp3 or whatever, before its released, for free. That does NOT mean in any kind of way that the people who wants to buy the single, wont, because they have it on mp3.

For a lot of us, its quite the opposite. Hearing it online first makes us buy it. At least me. I was never planning on getting hooked on DMs all mixes. I was only buying the regular albums. Then I started downloading a couple of mixes and *WHAM* I bought all the six mix boxes. I would NEVER have thought of it if I hadnt heard them before since they are ridiculously expensive to "normal" people. Without having heard 101 on mp3 I would never had considered buyng that album either, neither the DVD, but I did. Ive spent lots of money BECAUSE I downloaded them first.

Yes, I dled Precious. Ive listened to it 42 times in 24 hours. I love the song and I will buy the single and I sure as heck will be the first in line to buy the album. There is a wide difference in having it on the computer or on a burned CD-rom, and I KNOW Im not the only one to think that way.

People who wont buy the CD because theyve downloaded them, arent fans and hence would probably not buy them on single anyway.

Grrrrr...
creamgirl

Next

Return to Depeche Mode Related