DVD

Discuss the Global Spirit Tour here.

Moderators: Pelicanito, steventoo, Admin

Re: DVD

Postby flighthalo » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:30 am

I think it is possible the DVD was planned before they were confirmed to play Berlin and I don't think they would take the risk of waiting until the end of the tour to film it because it's too risky...if a band member got sick or if there are any issues that would cut the tour short they would not be able to produce a Tour DVD....I also think that they would want to have "Wrong" and "Heroes" on the DVD....I think it likely it has already been filmed but of course anything is possible....I would not be shocked if it was Hollywood Bowl (something different) but most likely its a European Country as ususal....
flighthalo

Postby DMinsky » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:43 am

sashmode wrote:
halo eighteen wrote:If it's happening, it'll certainly be the last Berlin shows. They're absolutely not going to film a show in the US, and everything else left is a festival.

Can't wait to be a part of it. Something tells me, the last two gigs will be amazing!!!
flighthalo wrote:I think it is possible the DVD was planned before they were confirmed to play Berlin and I don't think they would take the risk of waiting until the end of the tour to film it because it's too risky...if a band member got sick or if there are any issues that would cut the tour short they would not be able to produce a Tour DVD....I also think that they would want to have "Wrong" and "Heroes" on the DVD....I think it likely it has already been filmed but of course anything is possible....I would not be shocked if it was Hollywood Bowl (something different) but most likely its a European Country as ususal....

Berlin, again?! One time is enough.
I would prefere LA (Hollywood Bowl) they have a big following there. It would be nice for a change instead of recording the shows in Europe all the time.
DMinsky

Postby DMinsky » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:46 am

Or in Mexico...
DMinsky

Postby buckets of lube » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:49 pm

flighthalo wrote:I also think that they would want to have "Wrong" and "Heroes" on the DVD....

DM could always bring those songs back if they really wanted them to be included (such as what happened to Goodbye for the last DVD).
buckets of lube
DMMB Survivor

Postby sashmode » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:14 am

Looking forward to Heroes and So Much Love in Berlin!!!
sashmode
DMMB Survivor

Postby halo eighteen » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:08 pm

flighthalo wrote:I think it is possible the DVD was planned before they were confirmed to play Berlin and I don't think they would take the risk of waiting until the end of the tour to film it because it's too risky...if a band member got sick or if there are any issues that would cut the tour short they would not be able to produce a Tour DVD....I also think that they would want to have "Wrong" and "Heroes" on the DVD....I think it likely it has already been filmed but of course anything is possible....I would not be shocked if it was Hollywood Bowl (something different) but most likely its a European Country as ususal....

I agree that the Hollywood Bowl run would've been great to film, but a big recording setup with several cameras/microphones and crew would've been noticed and reported on from people at the show(s). There's also a possibility that they're just not going to have a video of this tour. That would be the first since what, the Singles 98 Tour?
halo eighteen

Postby charlesfouret » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:23 pm

halo eighteen wrote:
flighthalo wrote:There's also a possibility that they're just not going to have a video of this tour. That would be the first since what, the Singles 98 Tour?

I have this feeling also...
Yes, Singles 98 Tour was the last tour w/o film.
charlesfouret

Postby Gahan crazy » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:33 pm

[quote There's also a possibility that they're just not going to have a video of this tour. [/quote]

I really hope this is not the case....
Let me hear you speaking just for me...
Gahan crazy

Postby flighthalo » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:46 pm

Gahan crazy wrote:[quote There's also a possibility that they're just not going to have a video of this tour.

I really hope this is not the case....[/quote]

There is absolutely no reason what so ever that there would not be a DVD...there is no way that DM would play over 100 shows to millions of people and not put out a DVD....there is no reasoning or indication at all that would support that.......and it goes against everything we have seen, past tour DVDs, selling of music rights for video games and commercials, there is not a doubt in my mind that there will be a DVD and DM is taking the money while they can....
flighthalo

Postby BlasphemousRu » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:46 pm

Hi,
a couple of days ago I was in Lucca, Italy and attended a masterclass with Anton Corbijn at the Lucca Film Festival.
Anton talked about his career as a photographer and as a filmmaker. He also talked about his plans for the future. Well, among other things, he's currently working on a book on DM for Taschen (!!!) and soon he'll be working on a DVD. Unfortunately he didn't mention what kind of DVD - and I didn't have the chance to ask - but I guess it's the live DVD for this tour. This is a very long tour, it's hard to believe that they won't release any live material.
BlasphemousRu

PreviousNext

Return to Global Spirit Tour