Full album review

Talk about "MG", the new solo record from Martin Gore.

Re: Full album review

Postby starrsky » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:31 am

great album
starrsky

Postby Maddy1122 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:53 am

Hi, I'm new here. I just want to say great album. The more I listen to this music the more I love MG album. Greatings!!! ;)
Maddy1122

Postby jamesjohnson5551 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:36 am

Nice album
jamesjohnson5551

Postby daddyo » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:38 am

Thought it was simple and hard to listen to via previews, a while later tried it again on a whim and played as background music while keeping myself busy on hobbies, after a time got into the depths of it, and finally played in decent car stereo quite possibly 50+ times just mesmerized by it.

A great original juicy album.
daddyo

Postby fxbreakz » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:01 am

Absolutely masterpiece that proves once again that Martin is a total and rare genius. I can bet with anyone that in few hundred yrs this will be listened to like Bach and taught in music schools :). I like so much his futuristic style and his continuous, relentless search to discover new sounds, to innovate. I am a huge DM fan since 84, been listening to almost each DM song hundreds of times. Martin has an awesome voice, but I love that in this album there is no singing and the sound effects are out of this world, way ahead of his time. He's unstoppable!
The best song of this album is Exalt IMHO. Good name, that's exactly what it does to your spirit. For few months I only listened to this song all day long.
Thank you, God bless you Martin!
fxbreakz

Postby My Secret Garden » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:07 am

I am disappointed and I gave up on this album long time ago. I expected much more from Martin. I heard a lot of recognizable tunes from DM albums and it made me fear there wouldn't be anything fresh on any new DM releases. I'd like to be wrong. Life, please, proof me wrong!
My Secret Garden

Postby Nik » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:29 pm

russellk wrote:Just wanted to reply to what Tex said about Martin being a better musician than Alan. And BTW, there's nothing hostile in this, just some quibbling. As a musician myself, who has sung in classical choirs, majored in music, etc., it has always struck as bizarre how technically proficient musicians who know their craft inside and out, have no trouble with music theory, couldn't write an original note to save their lives. So I agree that Martin is by far the better song writer, even though he is by no means the better trained. Alan is a classically trained musician, who could probably play any music you threw at him, and yet look at his Recoil albums; they got worse and worse. I always said it's like he's in search of a song. Some people just have an innate ability to write music, and training has little to do with it. Martin is simply a natural, but Alan is technically the better musician. The two of them together created a perfect whole.

Exactly. Proficient playing and writing ability are very distinctive and different. Being gifted at one does not make one gifted at the other and personally I hold good writers in higher regard than players who are only technically proficient.
Nik

Previous

Return to MG