concerts after March 2014?

Discuss all topics related to the Delta Machine Tour

Postby Feeling loved » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:57 pm

Martin Gore in Paris announcing an expansion to the band's charity partnership with Hublot Genève -- a second edition of Depeche Mode Big Bang watches, a handful of unique pieces, and a special gala event in Moscow before the last show of the tour, all to raise funds and awareness for charity: water's mission of providing clean water to developing countries.

https://twitter.com/Ultra_Depeche/status/428964934459097089/photo/1

Seems like Moscow is the last show of this tour.
Shackled and bound by the sound of his voice.
Feeling loved

Postby sufferingwell » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:56 pm

There was an article several months ago that mentioned a summer leg (EU music festivals)... will try to find the link.
We share something.
sufferingwell
DMMB Veteran

Postby flappah » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:23 pm

sufferingwell wrote:There was an article several months ago that mentioned a summer leg (EU music festivals)... will try to find the link.

Things apparently have changed. The only official word right now is, "Moscow is the last concert of the current tour".
remember – always – that tomorrow will be different ..
flappah

Postby manuela » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:32 pm

flappah wrote:Things apparently have changed. The only official word right now is, "Moscow is the last concert of the current tour".

I hope so, I am already missing them, can't wait for other 4 years....

:(
manuela
DMMB Veteran

Postby THETRUTHIS » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:00 am

What is going on with this tour. It just seems weird they would end at this point? No Mexico, No South America. Glastonbury? I feel I need to know if there will be more shows this year. Maybe they will have a a month off and start in May? Who knows but when a tour finishes should that not be announced..
THETRUTHIS
DMMB Veteran

Postby ryan mc govern » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:25 am

THETRUTHIS wrote:What is going on with this tour. It just seems weird they would end at this point? No Mexico, No South America. Glastonbury? I feel I need to know if there will be more shows this year. Maybe they will have a a month off and start in May? Who knows but when a tour finishes should that not be announced..

its over .........for another three or so years:confused:
ryan mc govern
DMMB Survivor

Postby flighthalo » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:50 pm

I can't believe people are still mentioning this....yes, its over....like at the end of Ferris Buellers day off....
In another state of consciousness, in another state of mind.
flighthalo

Postby dicecrusher » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:53 pm

It is possible that they were waiting to see if Delta Machine had sustained sales and/or hit singles with some staying power? However, concert ticket sales have been very strong wherever they go - regardless of how well the new album has done.

The band has earned a well deserved break either way!
dicecrusher

Postby TommyVIO » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:57 pm

I believe that album sales have dropped for all artists because of the easily accessible internet radio stations where you can practically hear any and all the songs released. In addition, nowadays it is very easy to make copies even though it is illegal. Back in the days, you would have to know someone personally who has the album by copying the tape, in today's world, you can add a friend from any forum, ask for a copy and they will let you download it no matter where you live and where the other person lives.

Concerts are always going to be money makers because a true fan will always want to attend a show of their favorite band.
DM fan since 1986...
TommyVIO
DMMB Survivor

Postby THETRUTHIS » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:45 pm

Ok its over...but there has been a lot of hype regarding further dates. This could be the last tour so I am surprised there is not a few more spring shows to come.
THETRUTHIS
DMMB Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Delta Machine Tour 2013-2014