Australia and New Zealand Tours?

Discuss the Global Spirit Tour here.

Moderators: Pelicanito, steventoo, Admin

Postby BigLittleGirl » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:06 pm

ukozcd wrote:Is doing a little promo work and a small tour worth it?

That's right, "everything comes in large amts" :(
Here comes the man, with the look in his eyes
BigLittleGirl

Postby BigLittleGirl » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:07 pm

BigLittleGirl wrote:That's right, "everything counts in large amts" :(
Here comes the man, with the look in his eyes
BigLittleGirl

Postby rodwipE » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:49 pm

Are you guys serious about flying overseas to see them? I've been thinking about it. It would be worth getting tickets for a couple of shows a few days apart just to be safe.
I had a couple of friends drove over to Melbourne for that concert that got cancelled without notice in 90 or 91. It would be horrific if that happened.
And when they were in Melbourne they smashed the car up as well and had to bus it back. How's that for a nightmare holiday?
rodwipE

Postby hollowpromises » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:12 am

rodwipE wrote:Are you guys serious about flying overseas to see them? I've been thinking about it. It would be worth getting tickets for a couple of shows a few days apart just to be safe.
I had a couple of friends drove over to Melbourne for that concert that got cancelled without notice in 90 or 91. It would be horrific if that happened.
And when they were in Melbourne they smashed the car up as well and had to bus it back. How's that for a nightmare holiday?

I am going to LA to see them in late September. Can't wait!
'I know, DMMB members are sick of complaining Australian fans'
hollowpromises

Postby yolly22 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:41 am

rodwipE wrote:Are you guys serious about flying overseas to see them? I've been thinking about it. It would be worth getting tickets for a couple of shows a few days apart just to be safe.

I'm flying to London to see them 28th/29th May. And I also flew over to see them in 2006 for the Wireless Festival.

Lets face it, they ain't coming here, so I'm going to go to them
yolly22
DMMB Veteran

Postby readingjess » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:24 pm

Yeah,I think I will go to the US to see them.I can make it a bit of a holiday too,I have family there,so worse case,I am taking a holiday.My logical mind knows it is pretty extreme,but when I imagine seeing them for the first time,that seems worth it!
I'll make your visions sing
readingjess

Postby Depressed Mode » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:16 pm

I remember the concert being cancelled in Melbourne on the Violator tour. I was so disappointed...... had friends fly over from New Zealand for it. We were walking to Festival hall and started to pass people going "its cancelled"...... we thought no it can't be....... but "it be". Still in therapy.
Depressed Mode
ignoring the F.A.Q.

Postby Hydrology » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:09 am

I went to see them at the Olympic Stadium Berlin 2009. And when I was still living in Dublin, I went (alone) as a young man to the infamous Crystal Palace show in 93.
Considering catching them at the O2 London in May as I may be travelling home then.
Hydrology

Postby yolly22 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:42 am

Hydrology wrote:I went to see them at the Olympic Stadium Berlin 2009. And when I was still living in Dublin, I went (alone) as a young man to the infamous Crystal Palace show in 93.
Considering catching them at the O2 London in May as I may be travelling home then.

Go on. Do it. I'll be there, and I'm flying over /going alone!! You can do it
yolly22
DMMB Veteran

Postby newborn01 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:04 am

Hi Aussie Moders

I was a bit depressed after reading those comments from Fletch, he's usually going into bat for Australia and even came here as a DJ recently.

But the album did chart at #16 - so maybe that will convince someone they're more than a "cult act" and would fill some venues here.

The ironic thing about the article being quoted is it starts with a reflection on how they played a small venue in Texas then finishes by saying they can't afford to play small venues. If only I could afford to fly overseas to see them!!

Hold on to that quote from Dave recently that an "Asian" leg may be possible. If so, maybe a quick stop at Sydney might be considered??
With or without words I'll confide everything.
newborn01
DMMB Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Global Spirit Tour