Music recommendations

Topics not related to Depeche Mode.

Postby Depechefan12 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:24 am

DMDEVOTEE2008 wrote:Genesis, The Cure, Alt J are a couple of my other fave bands.

I also really like and recommend both Genesis (with Phil Collins) and The Cure, DMDEVOTEE2008! :) My dad is a Genesis fan and he played their music a lot around my house when I was younger so, as a result, I've grown up knowing their songs and I think they're such a great band...they have great lyrics, catchy melodies, great drumming and singing (by Phil Collins). Also, last year, I first discovered The Cure. My family was playing "Disintegration" while I was visiting them last summer. I asked what that album was and he told me. When I got home, I found it on iTunes and immediately put it on my iPod. It's such a great and timeless album! I really like the dark but, passionate atmospheres that are created on the songs on that album...the synths, the guitar riffs, the pounding drums (with reverb). Great album that I still listen to daily! :)
Depechefan12
DMMB Survivor

Postby MaxMode » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:55 pm

Depechefan12 wrote:I also really like and recommend both Genesis (with Phil Collins) and The Cure, DMDEVOTEE2008! :) My dad is a Genesis fan and he played their music a lot around my house when I was younger so, as a result, I've grown up knowing their songs and I think they're such a great band...they have great lyrics, catchy melodies, great drumming and singing (by Phil Collins). Also, last year, I first discovered The Cure. My family was playing "Disintegration" while I was visiting them last summer. I asked what that album was and he told me. When I got home, I found it on iTunes and immediately put it on my iPod. It's such a great and timeless album! I really like the dark but, passionate atmospheres that are created on the songs on that album...the synths, the guitar riffs, the pounding drums (with reverb). Great album that I still listen to daily! :)

I also love Genesis, anything from Phil Collins solo career and now that you mention Genesis and Phil then you should check out Peter Gabriel who was the first lead singer of Genesis and one of the most brilliant artists in modern music history and one of my all time top favorites.

Oh by the way Peter has always been pretty good with the electronics. Please Check him out :)

The Cure's Disintegration is one of the best alternative albums ever created. :cool:
I surrender all control To the desire that consumes me whole
MaxMode

Postby maryann5 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:25 pm

Hopefully a side benefit of Depeche Mode's Delta Machine is bringing attention to blues music.

I just picked up a copy of Jimi Hendrix's People, Hell and Angels which is a collection of unreleased completed studio recordings of his foray into the blues. I would recommend it to anyone curious about the blues or Hendrix. Good place to start.
she's got claws
maryann5

Postby steventoo » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:45 pm

MartinGoreBoy101 wrote:
Fitz and the Tantrums

YES YES YES Fitz and the Tantrums are so so good. If only they weren't touring with Bruno Mars, I'd be seeing them in Nashville this year. Unfortunately, the next closest show without Bruno Mars is in the middle of nowhere North Carolina, and, yeah, that's not happening...
"If it's as boring as this, we won't stay long." ~ Martin L. Gore
steventoo

Postby MaxMode » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:11 am

Anyone interested in some new well written electropop besides Delta Machine?

Please check the brand new Mesh album "Automation Baby"

Here is one of their great new songs "This Is The Time"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JXexP-_lCM
MaxMode

Postby -101- » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:30 am

MaxMode wrote:Anyone interested in some new well written electropop besides Delta Machine?

Please check the brand new Mesh album "Automation Baby"

The only thing I don't understand about Mesh is why they aren't a big, massively popular act as DM. Probably because they started later but certainly not for lack of merits. In another parallel universe without DM, Mesh is the band of my life.
facebook.com/depeche
-101-

Postby Stig Olsen » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:37 pm

MaxMode wrote:Please check the brand new Mesh album "Automation Baby"

It's a bloody masterpiece - not one single track is bad on the deluxe version - even the bonus tracks are awesome. 'Born to lie' is fantastic, and so is the b-side 'Black dog'.
Stig Olsen

Postby Vika » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:49 am

• Clan of Xymox (from the Netherlands)
  • The Names (post-punk band from Belgium)
  • Poesie Noire (from Belgium)
  • Psyche (dark synthpop from Canada)
  • The Sound (from England)
Vika

Postby Vika » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:51 am

Vika wrote:
  • Clan of Xymox (from the Netherlands)
  • The Names (post-punk band from Belgium)
  • Poesie Noire (from Belgium)
  • Psyche (dark synthpop from Canada)
  • The Sound (from England)

Oops, I didn't read the original post clearly - "new music recommendations", Lol. Sorry about that.:o
Vika

Postby MaxMode » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:51 pm

-101- wrote:The only thing I don't understand about Mesh is why they aren't a big, massively popular act as DM. Probably because they started later but certainly not for lack of merits. In another parallel universe without DM, Mesh is the band of my life.

Yea Mesh is great!
I love the new album.
Why they aren't more popular around the world? It is beyond me :(
MaxMode

PreviousNext

Return to Not DM Related