Australia and New Zealand Tours?

Discuss the Global Spirit Tour here.

Moderators: Pelicanito, steventoo, Admin

Postby abysse » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:40 am

Hope this allowed here, but there is a new Australian Depeche Mode FB page if anyone is interested.

https://www.facebook.com/DepecheModeAustralia
abysse

Postby readingjess » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:17 am

Happy to see that Delta Machine is on the Australian Album Chart on iTunes.Who knows how long for but glad to see it there!
I'll make your visions sing
readingjess

Postby BigLittleGirl » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:37 am

abysse wrote:Hope this allowed here, but there is a new Australian Depeche Mode FB page if anyone is interested.

https://www.facebook.com/DepecheModeAustralia

I hate facebook, I don't go there
Here comes the man, with the look in his eyes
BigLittleGirl

Postby yolly22 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:26 pm

I've never had/ ever will have a Facebook account, I'm so dead against it.

Also, what gives with the Australian iTunes releasing Delta machine on the 29th!

But JB HiFi is selling the deluxe editions if anyone is interested.
I bought 2 copies today
yolly22
DMMB Veteran

Postby SamanthaB » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:38 pm

amandine wrote:Bands such as Duran Duran and Prince have done really well in Australia lately. It's the fact that the young teens who were too young to see tours in the '80s are now in their early 40s and can afford to see whoever they like.

So from a marketing perspective, it makes good sense to bring a tour to Australia at the moment if you've had lots of hits during the '80s.

Add to that, Depeche Mode has lots of fans from the SOFAD era who might've missed their '94 tour and haven't had another opportunity to see them.

For me, Depeche Mode are still relevant whereas perhaps DD and Prince have seen their heydays as songwriters (not nec. as performers). Depeche Mode is still creating wonderful music.

So not only would they appeal to the '80s music lovers, but also the people who were in the alternative scene in the '90s who are now around my age, and people who are aware of new music they've released.

Also, they could then do a tour of Asia. I know lots of people in Singapore, for example, who would LOVE to see Depeche perform. Lots of young people.

Asia + Australia? Let's do it in 2013...or 2014 :)

Tears for Fears opened with a one-hour show for Spandau Ballet in their Reformation Tour three years ago, which drew a lot of people for both bands, and did well in Australia and NZ. I would think Depeche Mode would do much better than them in Australia and have no problem filling arenas, at least.
SamanthaB

Postby rodwipE » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:58 pm

Is JB stocking the vinyl?
rodwipE

Postby readingjess » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:47 am

rodwipE wrote:Is JB stocking the vinyl?

No,it's not on the website,but maybe they can order in?

I know here in Sydney you can order it in at Red Eye Records.
readingjess

Postby rodwipE » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:20 pm

I already ordered it online. I just wanted to check I didn't waste my time. Then I wasted yours by asking.
So thank you and sorry.
I couldn't make it in there on thursday. I hope they've still got deluxe editions since you bogans are buying up multiple copies.
rodwipE

Postby readingjess » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:33 am

Depeche Mode has not toured Australia since 1994. This territory is one of the few in the world where their sales mean they're a cult act.

But Fletcher doesn't hold much hope for the Delta Machine world tour heading to these parts. "I know we've got a lot of fans in Australia, but unfortunately we're not big enough to play there and not lose loads of money. It's a predicament."

There it is kids.Thanks Fletch,this ends deliberations on whether to go to the US to see Depeche or not! Sigh.
readingjess

Postby readingjess » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:34 am

It still amazes me that hundreds of other artists can tour Australia with their instruments....they can't ALL be losing money?
readingjess

PreviousNext

Return to Global Spirit Tour