Any Cure Fans?

Topics not related to Depeche Mode.

Postby KarmicCurse » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:54 am

It's always been active. I meant I think the management there has suspended it for some reason.
KarmicCurse
DMMB Survivor

Postby nowhereman » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:38 pm

Last night my wife and I went out to dinner at Claddigs Irish pub. There was an acoustic band playing peoples favorites. I asked for anything Depeche Mode, they only played the chorus from Personal Jesus, but they quickly followed that up with Just Like Heaven by the Cure. It was awesome.:)
nowhereman

Postby damode » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:52 pm

Went to a Cure show a few years ago and fell asleep.
damode

Postby Paul-Mode » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:55 pm

Your not the only one.
Paul-Mode
DMMB Member

Postby damode » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:02 pm

Not sure if it was the music, the thai food, or the 4 beers i had before the concert ... ha.
damode

Postby Paul-Mode » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:11 pm

I guess the food, the beer and the fact that every song sounded the same and that fat frazzled haired blob just stood there weeping over a guitar for three hours.
Paul-Mode
DMMB Member

Postby damode » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:16 pm

Haaaa ...
Don't be hating on Robert Smith .. he has his moments.
damode

Postby Dewdroppoint~21 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:18 am

Damn,
I used to loooovvve the Cure and still do...they were there at the right time, and they left their mark for all time sake, but unfortunately, times change, people change,> mores change, attitudes change,...THEY need to change, mess things up a bit, progress and assimilate and be non-conformist and unconventional People like change; it's stimulating so life doesn't become stagnant,mundane,unimaginative, uncreative, uninspirational, constricting,routine, stupid,just plain b-o-r-i-n-g.

One thing that I can't stand are people being frozen in time and refuse to budge , it's frightening at times.

I saw them once for New Year's Rockin' Eve in the Eighties.
Sorry, but they didn't impress me with their stage attitude and performance, but to begin with anyways, it was their music that attracted me to their music, not their physical attributes. It's their musical integrity that transcends all other aspects invl0oved iwth the production, delivery and recording that they are part of a great itme of musical history..

I rest my case.

Depeche Mode, The Cure, New Order and The Smiths were the sacred four in my mind at that moment in time. Nobody else.
Dewdroppoint~21
DMMB Veteran

Postby blade69 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:19 pm

I used to love the Cure, too, and still like their stuff up to and including Wish, but haven't given their newer stuff mugh thought.

Actually, I'm in agreement with Dewdroppoint-21 quite a bit, including his sacred four. I've never seen them live, so I can't comment on that. Hey, New Order aren't the greatest live band either, though.
blade69
ignoring the F.A.Q.

Postby waylander » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:05 am

Only ever been to depeche,simple minds and aha concerts.(wife likes aha more than me),however i reckon the cure are a great band but how the hell people like them over depeche i will never know.OMD are my second band but still cant hold a flame to depeche in my eyes.Would love to see OMD live but i think ive missed the boat.Never mind any more fosters gold and ill be listaining to enya.
waylander

PreviousNext

Return to Not DM Related