3.7.09 Arvika, Sweden (spoilers)

Discuss all topics relating to the 2009 Depeche Mode tour!

Postby sivals » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:20 pm

MrPinkEyes wrote:It would sound even better if they also add a show in Finland :D I wonder why they skip this country...

I hope they add Finland, or at least Stockholm later on the tour. Feel bad for both the Fins and the Balts (that got a couple of gigs cancelled). But a gig in Stockholm or Helsinki should be accesible for many Nordic devotees.
sivals
ignoring the F.A.Q.

Postby MrPinkEyes » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:12 am

sivals wrote:I hope they add Finland, or at least Stockholm later on the tour. Feel bad for both the Fins and the Balts (that got a couple of gigs cancelled). But a gig in Stockholm or Helsinki should be accesible for many Nordic devotees.

Yep. For example, the people from the Riga canceled show (including me :() could easily travel to Helsinki (less than 1 hour travel by plane) or Stockholm. Of course, I would prefer a show in Helsinki as I live there :p
MrPinkEyes

Postby Slemmy » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:50 pm

It might be that I'm very easy to please, seeing as this was the first DM gig I had the pleasure of attending, but I loved it. I too picked up on the technical problems, and towards the end it seemed like the big screens went out of synch too, lagging a sec or two behind the actual action on stage. Festivals are tricky to play, Bob Hund went off at about 20.25, that gives about 90 minutes to rig down their stuff, and transport and rig up DM's stuff. Also they don't have the luxury of massive sound checks on instruments and mics, mostly they just do quick line checks to see that most of the stuff is actually plugged in. These things naturally result in a more condensed concert version in terms of both the visual and musical. Even if the setlits were indeed a bit shortened, it's not as bad as if they've played for isntance the "Øya festival" in Norway. Went to see Nine inch Nails and Tool a couple of years ago, both played for about 60 minutes, that's it. In comparison, 100+mins is enough for me. All in all it seemed like the crowd had a good time, and that's what matters, screw the grumpy music journalists and their poor reviews.

Lucikly I will get another chance in Bergen in january 2010, which is an indoor arena, I might be absolutely blown away and realise the big difference. Who knows? ^^
Slemmy

Postby parafin » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:11 pm

Here's some photos I took: http://paraf.in/photos/03.07.2009/ (scroll down a little)
More from my trip there including photos of NIN and other groups performing at Arvika festival: http://wiki.paraf.in/~parafin/01-06.07.2009
parafin

Previous

Return to Tour Of The Universe 2009