SOTU in future tours...

Discuss all topics relating to the 2009 Depeche Mode tour!

Postby ryan mc govern » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:50 pm

yes I think Wrong will be on every tour till they stop all together as it is only the real stand out on the last album.
ryan mc govern
DMMB Survivor

Postby indefinitecure » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:40 pm

DMNeo wrote:Hi Isabelleken,

Depeche Mode will miss their fans too: 101% ;)

( Thanks to Roberta from Italy )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSrt7Qln6IQ&feature=related

( Thanks to Valery from UK )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXU14Y7Hyvk

I once asked myself how he could handle it and not be overwhelmed by it, Depeche fans are so devoted and they talk to the band in their live performances, each time it must be like having a hug from your beloved for the first time in years...I would probably break down every night...

I think the fans didn,t give much chance to the new songs, I think Peace and Come Back would be great on future tours, I would have loved to hear Corrupt too...and Fragile Tension too...and In Chains is a marvelous song!
indefinitecure
DMMB Veteran

Postby ryan mc govern » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:27 am

indefinitecure wrote:I once asked myself how he could handle it and not be overwhelmed by it, Depeche fans are so devoted and they talk to the band in their live performances, each time it must be like having a hug from your beloved for the first time in years...I would probably break down every night...

I think the fans didn,t give much chance to the new songs, I think Peace and Come Back would be great on future tours, I would have loved to hear Corrupt too...and Fragile Tension too...and In Chains is a marvelous song!

Na way too much other great stuff to worry about songs like that try maybe? new dress ,tsatrf, useless , and about 40 other songs Im sure others would rather hear.
and if they didnt work the first time they wont on future tours.
ryan mc govern
DMMB Survivor

Postby DRE7861 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:23 pm

I would bet that Wrong will make an appearance on a future tour. I wouldn't discount Martin singing Little Soul, Jezebel or even Peace in some future tour as well.

Also I think it's a mistake to say that they will never touch SOTU because after all they only sand Precious from PTA on the past tour. With so many fan favorites and only a limited number of songs in one concert I wouldn't take one tour as gospel for future tours. In fact, I remember people who were bashing Exciter because there were no tracks on this tour as a sign of how much the band "hates" that album. Yet lo and behold Martin sang Freelove later on the tour. I think it is very possible that we'll see SOTU and PTA tracks on future tours, especially if the band ever does another Singles Type Tour. I personally think APTIUT would make a great song for the band to come back for their first encore with!
It's like yesterday's future
DRE7861

Postby DRE7861 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:51 pm

If the past is any indication of the future I can make some bold predictions: The band will probably only play one track from SOTU on the next tour. Certain posters on the Forum will use this to say this as a sign of how much the band "hates" the album and that the album was no good. Ten years from now those same posters will being ranting about how much the new album sucks and why doesn't the band produce a really good album like SOTU!!!
It's like yesterday's future
DRE7861

Postby Patty » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:39 pm

I would definitely like to hear Corrupt, Fragile Tension and Oh Well...nice songs!!
"...just one caress from you and I'm blessed"
Patty

Postby eternallove » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:41 pm

Patty wrote:I would definitely like to hear Corrupt, Fragile Tension and Oh Well...nice songs!!

those are very good choices :)
eternallove

Postby paulj1973 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:32 pm

eternallove wrote:those are very good choices :)

Absolutely...and you can add 'In Sympathy' to that list.
Let me take you on a trip...
paulj1973

Postby WayneUK » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:22 am

ryan mc govern wrote:yes I think Wrong will be on every tour till they stop all together as it is only the real stand out on the last album.

It wasn't the best of the new tracks played live though.
A DM fan. Not a Dave fan, not an Alan fan and not a Martin fan, just a DM fan.
WayneUK

Postby WayneUK » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:28 am

ryan mc govern wrote:Na way too much other great stuff to worry about songs like that try maybe? new dress ,tsatrf, useless , and about 40 other songs Im sure others would rather hear.
and if they didnt work the first time they wont on future tours.

The new songs worked, the band, for unknown reasons, certainly didn't agree. Peace was going to be dropped very early on but it got better as the Euro leg 1 progressed. In Sympathy was superb in Luxembourg but managed to last just two gigs before being replaced by Policy Of Truth (I ask you) and Hole To Feed was amzing live.

The one thing I like going to gigs for is hearing new material live, otherwise, whats the point really?

I do agree that it would be great to hear older material and M&S and Strangelove went down well. Sadly though, if teh band don't like playing them, we have no chance.

I would so love to hear Useless live again though. They totally ruined a brilliant song in 1998, but Dave proved in 2003 that it can sound superb live.

Teh campaign starts here Ryan LOL
A DM fan. Not a Dave fan, not an Alan fan and not a Martin fan, just a DM fan.
WayneUK

PreviousNext

Return to Tour Of The Universe 2009