Message From LiveHereNow

Discuss all topics relating to the 2009 Depeche Mode tour!

Live Recordings/Downloads

Postby mateodm101 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:15 pm

Hey everyone out there in Depeche Mode land. I want to know what are people's favorite downloaded live shows. I have bought the Tel Aviv, Denver, and Toronto show's. They all sound good and I love having "In Sympathy" and "Fragile Tension." I got the Red Rocks one because I was there, but what else would any of you recommend I buy. I really am looking for best audio quality sounds. Vocals are important to me, but I like hearing the instrumentation as loud and clear as possible. What are anyone's thoughts about what there favorite shows are to own?? I have heard people say certain shows sound great, than by someone else that the same show sounds too quiet. :confused: Does anyone own the Salt Lake City show ( I was at that one too )?? How does it sound?? Dallas, Seattle, ....where is the New York show.......???
mateodm101
ignoring the F.A.Q.

Postby WayneUK » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:48 am

Not listened to it yet, but Dusseldorf 27/2 cd set has just arrived.
A DM fan. Not a Dave fan, not an Alan fan and not a Martin fan, just a DM fan.
WayneUK

Postby loki » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:33 pm

mateodm101 wrote:Hey everyone out there in Depeche Mode land. I want to know what are people's favorite downloaded live shows. I have bought the Tel Aviv, Denver, and Toronto show's. They all sound good and I love having "In Sympathy" and "Fragile Tension." I got the Red Rocks one because I was there, but what else would any of you recommend I buy. I really am looking for best audio quality sounds. Vocals are important to me, but I like hearing the instrumentation as loud and clear as possible. What are anyone's thoughts about what there favorite shows are to own?? I have heard people say certain shows sound great, than by someone else that the same show sounds too quiet. :confused:

GLASGOW!!!! It's really worth having it! Much better than London (Dec. 15th '09) and Manchester (Dec. 18th '09) with the same setlist.
London RAH (for obvious reasons), but sound quality is just average+, I would say.
London (Feb. 20th '10) is also quite good, perhaps just because it has "Freelove" on it.
You may also want to have London (Dec. 16th '09), so you have "Judas" and "Dressed In Black".

mateodm101 wrote:Does anyone own the Salt Lake City show ( I was at that one too )?? How does it sound?? Dallas, Seattle, ....where is the New York show.......???

New York's shows have not been recorded (officially), but some roumor has it that there will be some footage on the upcoming DVD. But the multicam bootleg DVDs:rolleyes: are fun to watch and listen to :D.
SLC is quite good, audience is relatively quiet though. You should be happier with Las Vegas (same setlist except "Waiting For The Night" wasn't played).
Dallas is also one of my TotU Top-10 (with "Judas" on it, which is also on London (Dec. 16th), but for having all songs you should take London).
Seattle: Enjoyable but not my all-time-favourite of this tour. That is Glasgow (as you might see by the exclamation marks above :)).

So my favs (and recommendations) are:
1. Glasgow
2. Leipzig (been there)
3. Tel Aviv ("In Sympathy")
4. Washington
5. Dallas
6. Milan
7. Atlantic City
8. Toronto ("Fragile Tension")
9. Budapest
10. Rome
Munich 01.06.2013, Berlin 09.06.2013, 05.07.2013 Düsseldorf, tbc
loki
DMMB Veteran

Postby loki » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:37 pm

loki wrote:but some roumor has it

That's "rumour" of course.:eek: Sorry for maltreating the English language.
Munich 01.06.2013, Berlin 09.06.2013, 05.07.2013 Düsseldorf, tbc
loki
DMMB Veteran

Postby robz777 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:48 pm

Got the email saying my February O2 had been dispatched early lastweek, but still waiting on delivery, so can't tell if the audio has lost something from the atmosphere yet? But definately agree with folk that the RAH gig cd was a bit of a let down for me, I'm sure they could have balanced the crowds singing with Dave and Martins much better to make it sound a lot more like it was, like we were all actually on stage too!
Bratislava,Budapest,Prague,London. Just a short tour this time :(
robz777

Postby adelemitch » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:02 pm

I might be in the minority here, but I love the sound quality of RAH. The band is really clear, and then you can hear the audience perfectly well during the sing alongs.

Yes the atmosphere was amazing and we as a crowd were really loud for such a small venue and that might not come across really well on the recording, but to be honest, I want to hear Depeche Mode not Depeche Mode's fans
YOU could go whiter.

You could go whiter!:eek: I'm almost blind here
adelemitch

Postby lindseylovestaylor » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:04 pm

adelemitch wrote:I might be in the minority here, but I love the sound quality of RAH. The band is really clear, and then you can hear the audience perfectly well during the sing alongs.

Yes the atmosphere was amazing and we as a crowd were really loud for such a small venue and that might not come across really well on the recording, but to be honest, I want to hear Depeche Mode not Depeche Mode's fans

I love the RAH cd, i think its amazing! :D
Im not sure my neighbours would agree though! ;)
lindseylovestaylor
DMMB Veteran

Postby Gahan crazy » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:00 pm

WayneUK wrote:I got the 20/02/10 cd yesterday. Have not heard the December O2 gigs but it's a real mixed bag. Lots of sounds too low in the mix, Martins backing vocals quite distant and I just wonder how low the mics were to pick up the crowd. Like the RAH, doesn't do the gig justice as far as i'm concerned.

And a minor issue, the back sleeve states 'Live Saturday, December 20th 2010' LOL

Didn't notice the mistake on the back of the CD!!! Well spotted WayneUK.

Happy with all my CDs, although still waiting for Dusseldorf 27th feb.

Would have liked to have heard Roger Daltrey introduce DM on the RAH CD, but apart from that I love it.
Let me hear you speaking just for me...
Gahan crazy

Postby adelemitch » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:16 pm

lindseylovestaylor wrote:I love the RAH cd, i think its amazing! :D
Im not sure my neighbours would agree though! ;)

Maybe yours and mine would like to compare notes:p:D
YOU could go whiter.

You could go whiter!:eek: I'm almost blind here
adelemitch

Live CD

Postby mark-in-pock » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:17 pm

I ordered the O2 show and ended up with CD1 from the Dusseldorf 26/02 show and CD2 being from the O2! Despite this problem, I have to say I am impressed with the quality of the recordings.
mark-in-pock
ignoring the F.A.Q.

PreviousNext

Return to Tour Of The Universe 2009