Unofficial DVDs - RAH and Dusseldorf (2) - Footage request

Discuss all topics relating to the 2009 Depeche Mode tour!

Unofficial DVDs - RAH and Dusseldorf (2) - Footage request

Postby Admin » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:41 pm

Just as Nine Inch Nails fans have gathered together, and made unofficial (and free!) DVDs for the fans, we should do this (unofficially) for Depeche. The two big shows on this last tour (in my eyes, at least) are Royal Albert Hall and the final show in Dusseldorf.

The difference between the DM project idea, and the NIN one, is that NIN officially allowed video recording cameras into the arenas, which made for some great footage. The DM shows were people trying to film a bit more "stealth", so to speak, so the results may not look as good. It would, however, still be a cool document of the shows.

If any of you shot any video (far, close, SD, HD, whatever), contact me (brat@bratproductions.com). I will be setting up a FTP shortly to start gathering footage.

This is a fan project. This is not official. This is not for sale. It is made by fans, for fans.
admin / moderator / "that" guy
Admin

Postby mitya » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:47 pm

I have some footage from RAH-I need to learn how to upload it though.
Where words fail,music speaks.
mitya

Postby blurred67 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:50 pm

Great idea and great timing Brat...the tour is over and we all are trying to face the post concert sadness...this will help all the devoted... thanks again....
20 TOTU gigs down + RAH to go...
blurred67

Postby GastonJacques » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:01 pm

Will this be done in the same style as the "Television Archives", where only the ones who has contributed footage can get the DVD:s? I understand how that puts a comfortable damper on the number of DVD:s that has to be produced, but IMO it kind of takes away from the necessity of the project sine it would be only for those who were there.
Still, good initiative, and I would surely contribute with some footage if i could!
GastonJacques

Postby Admin » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:03 pm

mitya - mac or pc?

GastonJacques - I was thinking more along the lines of a wide bittorrent type release, but *after* the official DVD comes out (if/when it does). I do not want to "compete" with official product.
admin / moderator / "that" guy
Admin

Postby JennDM » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:08 pm

Sending you "Hole to Feed" from the O2. I know you were there and filming, however...
This crippled, crooked mess
JennDM

Postby Gahan crazy » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:09 pm

A great idea BRAT!!!!:D

I really wished that the RAH had been filmed, as it was a brilliant night!!!!

I wasn't at the show last night, but it looked great and would loved to have been there, so this would be a really good idea!!!

Thank you :D
Let me hear you speaking just for me...
Gahan crazy

Postby JennDM » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:09 pm

JennDM wrote:Sending you "Hole to Feed" from the O2. I know you were there and filming, however...

Also have video from both NYC shows. I'll hold off until you let me know how you want them.
This crippled, crooked mess
JennDM

Postby Katz » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:17 pm

@BRAT: A great idea. I would love to get a copy once it's done. Howabout extending our support for The Teenage Cancer Trust and donating what we can (however little) for it - if you think thats a good idea?
NZ fan
Katz
DMMB Survivor

Postby dutchbeetle » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:24 pm

ohhh, this is great news. Some of my friends made some great video's last night, I'll mail them!
Berlin-Oberhausen-Rotterdam-Antwerpen-London-Dusseldorf-Dusseldorf
dutchbeetle

Next

Return to Tour Of The Universe 2009