Stockholm Jan 31

Discuss all topics relating to the 2009 Depeche Mode tour!

Postby Fektarn » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:06 pm

Modesty wrote:Hello Fektarn!
I assume me and my boyfriend were queing with you and stood together at the show?

I loved it as well, and you couldn´t described the show better than me.
My throat is very sore today, and I think I can feel my toes again.:)
And I also think it was because of you and me we got that choir going on after Home :D:D (atleast in our section)

Anyway, it was very nice to meet you!!
//Isabelle

Hi! Well, I assume you are right about that queing thing :)
Nice to meet the two of you as well, I really had a great time!
Of course we were the ones that made the Home choir going on :)

// Joakim
Fektarn

Postby eternallove » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:08 pm

Here's Dave jumping out of the laptop on to your lap :) haha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgGyOoCQbHU
eternallove

Postby EnjoyTheSilence » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:28 am

I'm very pleased with the Stockholm gig and my boyfriend liked it aswell. So much that he kissed me afterwards and said thank you. :D Note that he's not as much of a fan as me (yet) and only recognized some of the songs. I tried to indoctrinate him as much as I could before. ;)

As for myself I was thinking "If Martin starts to sing Insight I will cry". And that I did. At least a few tears. Can't put my finger on why but it touches me.

I do wonder why the people behind and around me didn't stand up very much or is it just me who can't sit still? :p
Oh I need your tenderness
Oh I need your touch
Oh I dream of one caress
Oh I pray too much
EnjoyTheSilence
DMMB Survivor

Postby chengdu » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:47 am

Depeche Dark Mode wrote:The events that were told to me is that Clonney is often in Italy (his current girlfriend is Italian "Elisabetta Canalis") and lives in Como. I know that he is very upset because it is often invaded by photographers etc ... for this reason he decided to move to Abbruzzo (Italy). Now that he is moving forward and reverse for different countries (which includes not only Italy) I think is normal. This is in reference to the movie they're filming in Italy, (which will surely have ended because the first ciack was last summer) then there are other films in production don't know...

Pamela

Ok, I was refering to the new movie he is making with Corbijn which made them both be in Sweden when DM played there, the rest of that movie is to take place in Italy so I just assumed that was the one you were talking about since movies without the Corbijn-DM-being in Sweden the same time has very little to do in this thread.

Daniel
chengdu
DMMB Elder

Postby Aphael » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:49 am

EnjoyTheSilence wrote: I tried to indoctrinate him as much as I could before. ;)

Awesome hehe. Keep up the good work. :p
Disclaimer: I don't necessarily agree with everything I think.
Aphael
DMMB Veteran

Postby f-n-devotee » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:42 pm

Womble wrote:Don´t wish to much. Swedes are not exactly famous for going wild on conserts, more likely you will see about 10.000 musicjournalist sitting there and analyze every song and clap gently afterwards. But if you have a standingticket you can hook up with the crazy gang a little bit back of the front crowd. That´s where me and my pals will be, dancing our arses off and don´t give a shit about turning into 40 soon and the boring ones all around.
Cheers and have a great time tonight!

WHAT ! :mad: Depeche loves their swedish audience,because they´re so entusiastic.....OK alot of them are 40 + nowadays but I´d say that The Globegig was the best yet on this tour (indoor)
Just see my youtubeclip.....I normally don´t film the audience,but on this occasion I just had to....so just keep the shut up ! Please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/fuckingdevotee#p/u/4/7QJFuMRHPEg
http://www.youtube.com/user/fuckingdevotee#p/u/3/H0OerEtfP98
Let me take you on a trip,
around the world and back
fuckingdevotee is on the track :)
f-n-devotee

Postby Pilla » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:26 pm

f-n-devotee wrote:WHAT ! :mad: Depeche loves their swedish audience,because they´re so entusiastic.....OK alot of them are 40 + nowadays but I´d say that The Globegig was the best yet on this tour (indoor)
Just see my youtubeclip.....I normally don´t film the audience,but on this occasion I just had to....so just keep the shut up ! Please...

Love your clips :D. I was standing on your right side at the Globe and the people around me were disappointing. Me and my friends were standing up the whole concert - dancing, singing, clapping. The people around us were actually moaning about us standing up. But who can sit down at a DM concert?? It was a great concert. Can't wait for the 2 concerts in London I'm going to in a couple of weeks now!
Pilla

Postby Modesty » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:12 pm

Of course you can´t get all standing in the seated section.
I consider this as one of the best DM concerts I´ve been to.
Stockholm 2006 was nothing like this. This time the audience participated a lot:):)
To bad noone caught the audience singing after Home:(
'Happiest Girl'
Modesty

Location: The home of Stjarna (Stockholm, Sweden to be more exact)

Postby Womble » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:06 pm

f-n-devotee wrote:WHAT ! :mad: Depeche loves their swedish audience,because they´re so entusiastic.....OK alot of them are 40 + nowadays but I´d say that The Globegig was the best yet on this tour (indoor)

Hi there! If you just read what I posted a little bit further down you could see that I wrote that I was really impressed by the respons from the audience this time.
But the fact remains......I´ve been to loads of conserts in Stockholm and the crowd is usually (in my opinion) hard to get going. When even Lemmy from Motorhead once shouted to the audience "Whats wrong with you fuckers!!!?" then you maybe can see my point? Same with Dave Wyndorff from Monster Magnet.

For Depeche....I´ve been to all the gigs in Stockholm since 1988( Music for the masses tour) and back then I was 15 turning 16. Most of the audience were in the same age so the energy was a real blast back then.....the big problem today i think is that Depeche dosen´t get a huge new fanbase that can lift the roof in conserts when necessary.
I always have a standingticket when I go because I love to give 110 % when seeing Depeche and I would love to that at least all in the standingarea would do likewise. And ofcourse a huge pre-party with my friends to get going.

Example; Excitertour in Globen when people dosen´t give response to Never let Me down again ( I asked people what´s wrong with them? Come on it´s Depech for fuck sake!!! and people say that they are to old and comfort to dance and sing along????!!!!) Why do you even bother to go to conserts with that kind of feelings???
And ofcourse we have the forced ones...read boring boy and girlfriends who have been forced by their partners to go.
At Playing The Angel tour in Globen when they played Just Can´t Get Enough (wich I think was very brave of DM) I danced my ass off as usually when a deadly boring guy came up to me and said" The hardcore DM fans reject this song!!" And who gives a shit about that when you´re in the middle of something amazing and beautiful????
It turned out that he was jealous because his girlfriend was dancing along with me and my pals....Same thing happened at Stadion. We hooked up with some people in front of us and got them going really good. Afterwards they thanked me and my pals for going so hard all the way except from one bloke who looked like he would smash me in the face because I stepped at his feet a couple of times during the consert!

I was at the Malmö gig last monday to and unfourtnally Depeche didn´t have one of their best nights. A little bit uninspired and tired. That´s ok, you can´t be on top all nights BUT....If the crowd had helped them out by giving their best to get them going maybe it would have turned out really good but no....i don´t think the crowed helped them out 110%
In Globen the magic was there all the way and as I said before I really enjoyed the response from the audience this time.

If you have a seat ticket than ofcourse you have it for a reason and I don´t expect that everyone will stand up all night but I get pissed off when i read that people are wining and complaining about those who wan´t to stand up in their seats. Booooooring!

okelidokeli....that´s all from me now and next time I see Depeche it will be with a walkingstick or a wheelchair but you can bet on it that I will be in the standingarea giving my best!

Love to you all!
Womble

Postby Gahan crazy » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:34 pm

eternallove wrote:Here's Dave jumping out of the laptop on to your lap :) haha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgGyOoCQbHU

Great!!!! :D
Let me hear you speaking just for me...
Gahan crazy

PreviousNext

Return to Tour Of The Universe 2009