Tributes to Michael Jackson - Part 2

Topics not related to Depeche Mode.

Postby DJ scribbles » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:00 am

Portishead wrote:Thanks. It is amazing how everyone on earth knows that video and yet there is nothing out there in the way of photos.

have you tried asking on any of the MJ forums? i'm sure there's got to be one fan out there with it, if not several

i subscribe to this woman who does the concept of "immortalizing" popular music by creating classical impressions of them. she did one for michael recently
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56HXarqNyIQ
billie jean and other songs becomes sad and heavy, in only the way a talented piano player could make it. i got a bit teary eyed :o
Every night I dream, and every day it comes true
DJ scribbles

Postby FastFashion90 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:44 am

sherley wrote:As for any sites that insult him, I'm not going to bother. You can't change people's opinions if they've chosen to crucify him from Day 1.
Exactly...I totally deleted the person I had on my friendslist who said in his status update "Michael Jackson died today...thousands of children around the world are celebrating"

And as soon as I read that, I was like "FUCK YOU, OFF THE FRIENDSLIST." And he used to be a good friend of mine too. But not anymore...

On a different note, they're selling Michael Jackson t-shirts at Hot Topic now! And they're only $15-$20! (not too many options to choose from though)
And when I squinted
The world seemed rose-tinted

FastFashion90

Postby RedCap » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:11 am

some useful links:
http://www.mjjpictures.com/main.html
(wonderful HD pics)

http://mjhideout.com/forum/
(amazing multimedia section, with lots of stuff to download)
If they say "Why? Why?"
Tell 'em that is human nature
-- R.I.P. my ANGEL
RedCap
Read The F.A.Q, but ignoring it

Postby DJ scribbles » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:44 am

RedCap wrote:some useful links:
http://www.mjjpictures.com/main.html
(wonderful HD pics)

http://mjhideout.com/forum/
(amazing multimedia section, with lots of stuff to download)

thanks, these are great!
Every night I dream, and every day it comes true
DJ scribbles

Postby Halo Girl » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:51 pm

FastFashion90 wrote:Exactly...I totally deleted the person I had on my friendslist who said in his status update "Michael Jackson died today...thousands of children around the world are celebrating"

And as soon as I read that, I was like "FUCK YOU, OFF THE FRIENDSLIST." And he used to be a good friend of mine too. But not anymore...

On a different note, they're selling Michael Jackson t-shirts at Hot Topic now! And they're only $15-$20! (not too many options to choose from though)

I have been lucky and all of my friends have been respectful. Some people at work tell jokes, but they know not to when I am around! Thanks for the info about Hot Topic, I will have to make a trip! I am still waiting for the two shirts I ordered from Bravado.
"Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it..."
Halo Girl

Postby Cheetara101 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:59 pm

FastFashion90 wrote:Exactly...I totally deleted the person I had on my friendslist who said in his status update "Michael Jackson died today...thousands of children around the world are celebrating"

@FastFashion90:
Some of my personal friends have made some screwed up comments about MJ and said he was a junkie. Yet these people claimed to be his fans. Even if he did have a prescription drug problem why trash his name after death? My close friends knew when I once suffered from addiction. Although, I cleaned up my act & love life now---it makes me wonder what they all have said behind my back.:confused:
Twitter/YouTube: Cheetara101
Cheetara101

Postby SynthChick87 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:58 pm

Halo Girl wrote:I have been lucky and all of my friends have been respectful. Some people at work tell jokes, but they know not to when I am around! Thanks for the info about Hot Topic, I will have to make a trip! I am still waiting for the two shirts I ordered from Bravado.

What do the tee shirts look like?? Are they like pics of his shoes? Cuz I'd love to have one of that lol

Did anyone hear the new MJ track released by TMZ based on America's 'Horse With No Name?' I think it's called "A Place Without A Name"..it's pretty cool!
TOTU Boston 2009- The best day of my life!
DMT NYC 2013- In Sept!

Jen
SynthChick87

Postby EightHours » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:02 pm

SynthChick87 wrote:What do the tee shirts look like?? Are they like pics of his shoes? Cuz I'd love to have one of that lol

Did anyone hear the new MJ track released by TMZ based on America's 'Horse With No Name?' I think it's called "A Place Without A Name"..it's pretty cool!

I heard a clip of it being played on CNN, it sounds pretty good I guess, not his best though
EightHours
DMMB Veteran

Postby digerati_2005 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:24 pm

It was pretty good for an unfinished track. I kinda wish it listed a date it was penned.
You know what the trouble about real life is? There's no danger music.
digerati_2005

Postby digerati_2005 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:31 pm

So I was kinda curious to see what other celebs were saying about MJ's death. Celebs that didn't hit the big news stands.

Check this out, it's from P!nk's twitter

Michael Jackson was one of the best that ever did it. RIP
8:11 PM Jun 25th from web

Today was a sad day in music, but it was a sweet night. Sydney and I dedicated our evening to the memory and genius of Michael Jackson.
6:27 AM Jun 26th from TwitterBerry

And my dancers all busted out his moves when I introduced them. My guitar player did the moonwalk in cowboy boots. It was amazing
6:29 AM Jun 26th from TwitterBerry
You know what the trouble about real life is? There's no danger music.
digerati_2005

PreviousNext

Return to Not DM Related