3.7.09 Arvika, Sweden (spoilers)

Discuss all topics relating to the 2009 Depeche Mode tour!

Postby Electroo » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:14 pm

Really, really wanted to see Master & Servant! Instead we got some songs that already has been played to death :/
Electroo
DMMB Survivor

Postby DepecheMV » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:35 pm

Just read some reviews from one of the biggest Swedish newspapers.
They think that Dave doesn't have the voice and isn't able to sing anymore like he used to.
He can't handle the harder parts in the songs anymore and therefore lets Martin sing them.
They are almost saying that that's it for Depeche and especially the end for Dave.

I usually don't care so much about the reviews in the papers but this actually made me a little angry.
DepecheMV

Postby Rose_ » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:54 pm

DepecheMV wrote:Just read some reviews from one of the biggest Swedish newspapers.
They think that Dave doesn't have the voice and isn't able to sing anymore like he used to.
He can't handle the harder parts in the songs anymore and therefore lets Martin sing them.
They are almost saying that that's it for Depeche and especially the end for Dave.

I usually don't care so much about the reviews in the papers but this actually made me a little angry.

OMG I completely hate the media! :mad:
Rose_

Postby f-n-devotee » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:56 pm

I was a bit disappointed abot the shortened setlist,but as someone said,maybe because it was a festivalgig.....
But a really think that the guys were in a good moode.But I really must say,where I was standing,the crowd sang along more than in Berlin & Copenhagen.
And Martin did a longer Home than usually.
Please visit youtube.com/fuckingdevotee and look at my films from Berlin,Copenhagen & Arvika
f-n-devotee

Postby DepecheMV » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:59 pm

f-n-devotee wrote:I was a bit disappointed abot the shortened setlist,but as someone said,maybe because it was a festivalgig.....
But a really think that the guys were in a good moode.But I really must say,where I was standing,the crowd sang along more than in Berlin & Copenhagen.
Please visit youtube.com/fuckingdevotee and look at my films from Berlin,Copenhagen & Arvika

Yes I also was a bit disappointed by the shortened setlist but I thought the show otherwise was good and thought Dave sang ok.
I was standing about 20 meters from the stage and really enjoyed the show apart from some idiots trying to force their way through to the front row.
I have no idea what the writers in the newspaper "Expressen" was talking about.
DepecheMV

Postby msdm » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:01 pm

You have a link to that Expressen article?
...something that rings true...
msdm

Postby louisone72 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:36 pm

DepecheMV wrote:Yes I also was a bit disappointed by the shortened setlist but I thought the show otherwise was good and thought Dave sang ok.
I was standing about 20 meters from the stage and really enjoyed the show apart from some idiots trying to force their way through to the front row.
I have no idea what the writers in the newspaper "Expressen" was talking about.

I was not in Arvika, but I have see some clips on youtube, and I think Daves voice is ok. I agree I have no idea that they are talking about on Expressen...
Sister of night, With the loneliest eyes
louisone72
DMMB Survivor

Postby sivals » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:18 am

f-n-devotee wrote:I was a bit disappointed abot the shortened setlist,but as someone said,maybe because it was a festivalgig.....

I went to both Copenhagen and Arvika too, and totally agree with you. The crowd singing parts worked very good in Arvika.
sivals
ignoring the F.A.Q.

Postby DepecheMV » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:24 am

msdm wrote:You have a link to that Expressen article?

Yes...here it is.

http://blogg.expressen.se/hardrock/entry.jsp?messid=519791
DepecheMV

Postby msdm » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:50 am

Gah! I refuse to believe that it was that bad! Maybe he had too much beer before the concert, thus getting his hearing distorted....

In Paris, Dave's voice was marvelous, just fantastic. So there!
...something that rings true...
msdm

PreviousNext

Return to Tour Of The Universe 2009