DM Tour Set List: Less Singles, More Album Tracks.

Discussion for Depeche Mode, and Depeche Mode related topics.

DM Tour Set List: Less Singles, More Album Tracks.

Postby jbm0009 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:40 pm

This time around I really, really, really hope DM drop some of the same stuff they have been playing forever... and puts in some album tracks and different singles, maybe even rarer older tracks.

And what about a longer set? I mean The Cure played over 3 hours, 35 songs when I saw them!!! How about 20 Dave songs, and 5 MG songs... split things up.

I really hope they shake up the Dave 8 song - MG 2 songs - Dave 8 songs - MG 1 song encore - Dave 2 or 3 songs encore set list we have been seeing since 1987 !!!

I would like to see:

New Life
Puppets
My Secret Garden
See You (sung by Martin would be great)
Told You So
More Than a Party
Blasphemous Rumors
People Are People
Master and Servant
Fly on the Windscreen
STRANGELOVE for God's sake!!
To Have and to Hold
One Caress
Rush
Higher Love

etc etc etc....

Why not have Martin open up the set this time around?

Anyway I really hope we don't get the same old 'Greatest hits' package with a few new ones again... The only time we something different or rare is when MG pulls one out of the archives, and even that is rare.

Although they did throw us a bone with 'Photographic' and 'Leave in Silence' on a few shows at the tail end of the PTA Tour.

Another thought: Why not change up the set list every night like The Cure? I went to see The Cure 3x, and saw 3 totally different sets!!!!

What's the point of seeing DM more than once on a tour? You'll see the same thing ! From a business standpoint they should shake things up, get more repeat customers!!!!
jbm0009
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:13 pm

Postby CrazyModester79 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:08 pm

Martin to open up the show??? Dave is the front of Depeche Mode not Martin, that makes no sense.

I think the show they do at the moment is the longest we will see, Dave puts so much energy into a show that if they started doing 3 hour stints he wouldnt last the tour.

as for repeat customers, i think you will find they have many of them.
Oh god it's raining....but im not complainin:cool:
User avatar
CrazyModester79
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:50 pm
Location: Liverpool, England

Postby kiko » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:33 pm

jbm0009 wrote:Another thought: Why not change up the set list every night like The Cure? I went to see The Cure 3x, and saw 3 totally different sets!!!!

That seems a bit too demanding, not that I don’t agree with you, but I sure can not expect that from DM. And comparing DM with Cure is not that simple. The Cure are most of the time on tour, and therefore are prepared to perform most of their songs all the time.
Nevertheless I do agree that DM could/should prepare up to 10 songs that are not included in their regular sets. But set lists would still be much the same, with couple of variations.

STRANGELOVE for God's sake!!
AMEN!!! ;)
There's so much that you can rise above

Moved by a higher love!
User avatar
kiko
Read The F.A.Q, but ignoring it
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:31 pm
Location: Brestovik

Postby Condemnated to DM » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:16 pm

+Barrel of a gun,Happiest gail, Tora!Tora!Tora!,Surrender!!!

What's the point of seeing DM more than once on a tour?
They're Gods,that give us so much positive energy and inspiration,that to visit their concert is now almost the only thing I want live for... Many,many,many times!!!! I'm sure,I'll find something new and cool in each one,even it'll be 100 concerts)))
:cool:
Condemnated to DM
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:19 am
Location: Kyiv,Ukraine

Postby ukozcd » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:27 am

jbm0009 wrote:This time around I really, really, really hope DM drop some of the same stuff they have been playing forever... and puts in some album tracks and different singles, maybe even rarer older tracks.

And what about a longer set? I mean The Cure played over 3 hours, 35 songs when I saw them!!! How about 20 Dave songs, and 5 MG songs... split things up.

I really hope they shake up the Dave 8 song - MG 2 songs - Dave 8 songs - MG 1 song encore - Dave 2 or 3 songs encore set list we have been seeing since 1987 !!!

I would like to see:

New Life
Puppets
My Secret Garden
See You (sung by Martin would be great)
Told You So
More Than a Party
Blasphemous Rumors
People Are People
Master and Servant
Fly on the Windscreen
STRANGELOVE for God's sake!!
To Have and to Hold
One Caress
Rush
Higher Love

etc etc etc....

Why not have Martin open up the set this time around?

Anyway I really hope we don't get the same old 'Greatest hits' package with a few new ones again... The only time we something different or rare is when MG pulls one out of the archives, and even that is rare.

Although they did throw us a bone with 'Photographic' and 'Leave in Silence' on a few shows at the tail end of the PTA Tour.

Another thought: Why not change up the set list every night like The Cure? I went to see The Cure 3x, and saw 3 totally different sets!!!!

What's the point of seeing DM more than once on a tour? You'll see the same thing ! From a business standpoint they should shake things up, get more repeat customers!!!!



The band you love is still making albums and you can still see them live - isnt that enough in itself?
User avatar
ukozcd
 
Posts: 1976
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:05 pm
Location: Western Australia

Postby ryan mc govern » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:48 am

CrazyModester79 wrote:Martin to open up the show??? Dave is the front of Depeche Mode not Martin, that makes no sense.

I think the show they do at the moment is the longest we will see, Dave puts so much energy into a show that if they started doing 3 hour stints he wouldnt last the tour.

as for repeat customers, i think you will find they have many of them.



MARTIN DID KIND OF OPEN THE EXCITER TOUR.
ryan mc govern
DMMB Survivor
 
Posts: 1757
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:59 pm
Location: mudville

Postby Neha83 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:58 am

jbm0009 wrote:STRANGELOVE for God's sake!!

What's the point of seeing DM more than once on a tour? You'll see the same thing ! From a business standpoint they should shake things up, get more repeat customers!!!!


As for Strangelove theres too many threads desparately requesting this song. If its gonna happen it will. W/o Alan who knows if its even possible live.

And for going to see DM more than once and not enjoying the same setlist twice, I say go see other bands you like too. Personally, I don't think I will see many DM shows this time around as much as I like them, its like a one man show most of the time. I appreciate many other bands live that have all members playing various instruments and so many solos which sound distict and amazing. Like Radiohead, Coldplay, or even the Cure, who are amazing live. When Depeche gets some violin in their songs I will be an even happier Moder. :)
Here Comes My Girl
User avatar
Neha83
 
Posts: 988
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:10 pm
Location: USA

Postby Zinner » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:11 am

jbm0009 wrote:Another thought: Why not change up the set list every night like The Cure? I went to see The Cure 3x, and saw 3 totally different sets!!!!

What's the point of seeing DM more than once on a tour? You'll see the same thing ! From a business standpoint they should shake things up, get more repeat customers!!!!



That would be awesome but for a band like DM is very difficult to do that, it´s a shame but they with a set already programmed so to change it every night would be so difficult...

Check almost in every single night from this last tour, they messed up :o

I LOVE DM, but thats a reality!
User avatar
Zinner
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:06 pm
Location: Mexico

Postby Pittsburgh86 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:22 am

Here's a thought...how about an acoustic version of Strangelove? It would be completely different but why not?

I've actually never seen DM live (I just got into them two years ago when their last tour was concluding) and am really hoping they come near Pittsburgh this time around...and if they do my biggest request would be "People are People". Yes, Martin hates the song, but it's a fan favorite and many people actually know DM because of that song alone (I have met someone who knows PaP but not ETS, PJ, etc).

My personal choice for album track would be "The Landscape is Changing", especially in today's world where we are all going green. I'm sure a lot of casual fans would think it was a new song written just about today's environmental problems if it was played. In fact, I think it might do just fine as a single in 2008 because of that...
Let's Go Pens!!! Stanley Cup in 2009!!!
Pittsburgh86
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:58 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Postby jammer23 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:23 am

No band is just going to play unknown album stuff... the crowd goes to hear the songs they know. If you are a fan because of Violator, for example, you'd want to hear Personal Jesus, Enjoy the Silence, etc.
jammer23
 

Next

Return to Depeche Mode Related

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests