Istanbul Show - July 30, 06

Talk about tours here.

Istanbul Show - July 30, 06

Postby Dubstar » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:19 am

Hey! Where are all the Turkish fans... and our fellow devotees who were at the Istanbul show? Wanna hear what you think.

As for me, it was one of the best nights of my life... We went there at 3 p.m. and of course we weren't the first ones. I was quite close to the stage but on the wrong side. I wish there weren't this stupid VIP section. Believe me there weren't enough fans in there but the rest of the crowd was great. And about 15.000 people saw the show.

Martin was lovely with his angel wings and Dave was absolutely wonderful. And Andy, well you know Andy, he is such a sweetie. Well I'm out of all the suitable adjectives to describe that wonderful night and the band. It was just GREAT!!!

I just can't get enough of them. Oh yes, wish they played Just Can't Get Enough too. :D

But no I'm actually quite content with the setlist.

Managed to snap a few pics, as well.
Promises me I'm safe as houses
As long as I remember who's wearing the trousers
Dubstar
ignoring the F.A.Q.

Postby Eo » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:34 pm

vip zone was not announced on the biletix website or anywhere - it is a big and bad surprise for all. And that zone was so large. When DM started many place stay empty and some people tried to get into... Security couldn't stop them all.
Григорий Ð?натольевич Мальков
Eo

Postby fulya » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:56 pm

i hated but i mean hated but when i say hated, hated the fanatical turkish fans. the show was very super though. dave looked very happy. martin has the most meaningful eyes ive ever seen. and fletch was in good spirits. i feel you sounded just like a metal song. they rocked at this show.
fulya

Postby fulya » Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:00 pm

and i gotta say, i knew from the board that at the end of personal jesus dave might say "let me hear you say LOVE!!!!" but he went "LET ME HEAR YOU SAY LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL OOOOOOOOOOOOOO VVVVVVVVV EEEEEEEEEEE!!!!" and then "GIVE ME SOME LLLLLLLLLLLLLLL OOOOOOOOOOO VVVVVVVVVE!!!!". then he screamed something at or about martin. i lovvvve hiiimmm....
fulya

Postby Dubstar » Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:47 pm

Eo wrote:vip zone was not announced on the biletix website or anywhere - it is a big and bad surprise for all. And that zone was so large. When DM started many place stay empty and some people tried to get into... Security couldn't stop them all.

Yes, you are right. That zone was tooo large. Nonsense.

And Fulya, what do you mean when you say you hated fanatical "Turkish" fans? What's wrong with them?
Dubstar
ignoring the F.A.Q.

Postby fulya » Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:28 pm

Dubstar wrote:
And Fulya, what do you mean when you say you hated fanatical "Turkish" fans? What's wrong with them?

they didnt give you any space, the ones up front at least. there was a guy in front of me that kept headbanging his sweat adn acting like the girl on the 101 dvd.
fulya

Postby Dubstar » Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:56 pm

Hmm I see. And I must say the opposite, that I suffered very much from the non-fanatical non-fans. For example, the ones who didn't even bother to put their hands up in the air during Never Let Me Down Again and looking at me as if I was a lunatic while I was jumping up and down or singing along. And these people were let in the VIP section for God's sake.

Apart from that it was a dream come true for the second time. :)
Dubstar
ignoring the F.A.Q.

Postby Eo » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:10 am

Not shame nobody. Apropos, there were not only turkish fans, but also bulgarian and russian, as ya. I'm too a little did not fight. Whomever after all like simply to listen and enjoy the music, unnecessary sing along and moving a hands.
But turkish organizers of the show have done bad work.
VIP zone sucks!!!
Eo

Postby daveslave101 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:12 am

Well Eo, I bet if you were offered a place in the VIP zone you would not turn it down, but say: " Thank you very much Mr Security Man, I will take that chance!"

You must remember the Band has friends and relatives all over the world, some travel with them. Also local promotors, press, etc need to be accommodated. Kurucesme is an all standing area with the smallest back stage area and facilities I have seen on this tour, so there was no room for guests to sit or stand anywhere else other than the "Golden Circle" in the front, which by the way was chocker block 1/2 hour before DM were on stage.
daveslave101

Postby Eo » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:40 pm

daveslave101 wrote:Well Eo, I bet if you were offered a place in the VIP zone you would not turn it down, but say: " Thank you very much Mr Security Man, I will take that chance!"

You must remember the Band has friends and relatives all over the world, some travel with them. Also local promotors, press, etc need to be accommodated. Kurucesme is an all standing area with the smallest back stage area and facilities I have seen on this tour, so there was no room for guests to sit or stand anywhere else other than the "Golden Circle" in the front, which by the way was chocker block 1/2 hour before DM were on stage.

Opposite - when people start climb over through fence, i stand right to this frontier and i can get into too, but i don't. I pleased for friends of the Band, I pleased for itself though I happened to to stand on hot sun since 15-00 before that moment as I have seen DM. I said before "not shame", and a words i said after that simply reflect my minute mood on this cause.
After all I was on show in SAINT PETERSBURG and was in 1,5 metres from scene. Apropos, sorry that DM arrive in Russia only in 2 cities, and fans go the thousand a kilometer to see them. Though in Germany and USA DM visits the ensemble a city! Again - lyrical retreat, sorry me.
I regret that tour is ended ;)
Eo

Next

Return to Past Tours Forum (archive only)