Helsinki, Finland reviews (spoiler)

Talk about tours here.

Postby sisterofnight62 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:21 pm

I find this absence of pics a bit worrying. There were A LOT of camera phones up in the crowd, but no photos shared anywhere. I've seen only couple of fan photos this far. I guess Finns are thus proving that they're the most dysfunctional devotees in the world *roll* If I had a phonecam, you'd be drowning in pics... Anyways, the sweetest pic I've seen was the one from Iltasanomat! If I find more nice pics from newspapers, I'll try and scan them (although my scanner sucks).

Newmode, nice to hear that you enjoyed the gig :) I'm currently a bit tired and fluish, so the greatness of the experience is currently a little lost for me. Once I get better, perhaps then. I agree, Policy of Truth was absolutely awesome, and World In My Eyes (right after equally intoxicating I Feel You and Behind The Wheel) made me crawl out of my skin, literally *drool*

Going to make some tea now and drink it from a brandnew DM mug :D
sisterofnight62
DMMB Survivor

Postby The Finn » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:25 pm

sisterofnight62 wrote:I find this absence of pics a bit worrying. There were A LOT of camera phones up in the crowd, but no photos shared anywhere. I've seen only couple of fan photos this far. I guess Finns are thus proving that they're the most dysfunctional devotees in the world *roll* If I had a phonecam, you'd be drowning in pics... Anyways, the sweetest pic I've seen was the one from Iltasanomat! If I find more nice pics from newspapers, I'll try and scan them (although my scanner sucks).

Newmode, nice to hear that you enjoyed the gig :) I'm currently a bit tired and fluish, so the greatness of the experience is currently a little lost for me. Once I get better, perhaps then. I agree, Policy of Truth was absolutely awesome, and World In My Eyes (right after equally intoxicating I Feel You and Behind The Wheel) made me crawl out of my skin, literally *drool*

Going to make some tea now and drink it from a brandnew DM mug :D

What about the two tv-cameras that were on the stand in the middle of the floor area? It looked like to me that they recorded the whole thing. Or maybe they just got small tidbits here and there for the news and such.

I hope they got the whole gig. So I can get the whole gig. :p
The Finn

Postby music-is-my-radar » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:49 pm

*gasp* tv cameras? I doubt they'd let any Finnish tv network film the whole gig but we can hope.

wahey, check out this picture of Dave:
http://www.hs.fi/kulttuuri/artikkeli/Depeche+Mode+on+el%C3%A4m%C3%A4ns%C3%A4+vedossa/1135219058708
music-is-my-radar

Postby sisterofnight62 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:15 pm

The Finn wrote:What about the two tv-cameras that were on the stand in the middle of the floor area? It looked like to me that they recorded the whole thing. Or maybe they just got small tidbits here and there for the news and such.

I hope they got the whole gig. So I can get the whole gig. :p

TV cameras? One part of the PTA show is the cameras that show on the big screen what's happening on stage and also in the audience when there's no Corbijn stuff to show. Those cameras didn't have any Finnish tv company tags on them. Usually, if tv cameras are allowed, they need to leave after couple of songs. I checked MTV3 Nettitv and Nelonen for any footage from the show, but with zero result. I don't think any of those were tv cameras, but they belonged to the show instead.

Another thing, there's no way you can get the whole gig from tv company, even if they shot it. Last time, in 2001, YLE recorded the first songs of the show and showed some of the footage on the evening news. We asked for a tape, stating that "we were on the front row and would like to have that as a memento" because you can do that if you accidentally end up in a news footage e.g. on the street or appear in a program that the tv company has produced. The answer was that due to copyright restrictions, they can't give away tapes from concert footage. So there. But in my opinion, there were no tv cameras this time. I havent' checked YLE yet, but I doubt that there would be anything.
sisterofnight62
DMMB Survivor

Postby sisterofnight62 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:16 pm

music-is-my-radar wrote:*gasp* tv cameras? I doubt they'd let any Finnish tv network film the whole gig but we can hope.

wahey, check out this picture of Dave:
http://www.hs.fi/kulttuuri/artikkeli/Depeche+Mode+on+el%C3%A4m%C3%A4ns%C3%A4+vedossa/1135219058708

Here's a direct link to the photo, Dave's hair looks pretty airborne there :D
http://www.hs.fi/kuvat/iso_webkuva/1135219054784.jpeg
sisterofnight62
DMMB Survivor

Postby music-is-my-radar » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:09 pm

I went and bought today's HS fully expecting to find a bigger version of that pic. Unfortunately they've chosen to print another one which I can only describe as not very flattering, in fact he looks like George Michael in it. Not that I have anything against GM, obviously. And they write that Martin "looks a little bit like a chicken" in his costume. I want my 2 € back.
music-is-my-radar

Postby dreaming on » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:26 pm

music-is-my-radar wrote:I went and bought today's HS fully expecting to find a bigger version of that pic. Unfortunately they've chosen to print another one which I can only describe as not very flattering, in fact he looks like George Michael in it. Not that I have anything against GM, obviously. And they write that Martin "looks a little bit like a chicken" in his costume. I want my 2 € back.

They also said that Dave was jumping like a little girl :confused: . I liked that pic, by the way, but I can't be objective when it comes to Dave :rolleyes: . Yesterday's Iltalehti was definitely worth buying since they had chosen the best pic of Dave (the same one as they put on their website but only a lot BIGGER). And I love the headline as well: Tyylikkyyden ruumiillistuma. He is that, isn't he?
dreaming on
DMMB Veteran

Postby sisterofnight62 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:51 pm

You can find all reviews on the Helsinki gig gathered @suomi24.fi Depeche Mode discussion. All reviews are in Finnish. All great reviews, with lot of praise. Only one journo complains that DM played too loud. No, DM didn't play loud, The Bravery was too loud! Or I was already deafened by The Bravery when DM came on. Dunno, wasn't wearing the plugs *roll*
sisterofnight62
DMMB Survivor

Postby KimKrister » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:23 am

sisterofnight62 wrote: They were really hanging from our shirts and pushing and pulling at one point and kept nagging. Hanging from your t shirt isn't very nice and it certainly threw me off and made me loose the feel of the great event I'd been waiting for so long for a couple of songs. The twats actually spoiled Damaged People for me *a very angry face here*

That is extremely rude behaviour from those twats. If that would happened to me... either the twats would have been removed by me or security. In that situation its better always inform security about those problems. I noticed you sitting a while. But living so intense with DM I did´nt noticed what actually happened in your row. Sad to hear that. I was only one standing there too in my section. Atleast people next to me gave me space.. I did accidentally hit lightly their shoulders with no reaction.

I was loud... but DM´s playing was louder :D And definitely Sister beat me jumping more higher.
MG: Anything that appealed to dysfunctional people!
KimKrister

Postby KimKrister » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:45 am

sisterofnight62 wrote: I guess Finns are thus proving that they're the most dysfunctional devotees in the world *roll*

I gotta laugh! Loudly.:D Perhpas main reason is that most of the audience there in Areena don´t realise the excistense of this DMMB here.

In DM`s gig I realised that front of Areenas doors security didn´t check me at all. I´d easily bring my digital camera with and take good pics from goot seat near stage. Damn if I just have known that. Between song there was mostly that violet-blue lightning at stage which prevents sharp digicam shots.

Mow today... I think that gig in Helsinki was indeed great what we had from DM. And what we enjoyed there. Now reading here about your sings showed to DM etc... And overall reading press reviews. That all tells that Helsinki gig was succesful.

"See you next time! Thank you!" - Dave.
MG: Anything that appealed to dysfunctional people!
KimKrister

PreviousNext

Return to Past Tours Forum (archive only)