Martin with Client

A forum for Martin's "Counterfeit2" project. Please post Depeche Mode threads in the Depeche Mode forum.

Martin with Client

Postby DMODEGUY » Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:04 am

I'm sorry but maybe I've missed something here but has anyone talked about the song Martin did with Client How is it? How's the rest of the album your thoughts please
DMODEGUY

Postby ~*M@ri@nne*~ » Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:04 am

The song is called "Overdrive", and it's ok. It's no good, it's no bad. The album, overall is ok also. In a scale of 1 to 10, I'll give it a 5, maybe a 6.
~*M@ri@nne*~

Postby JSJ » Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:43 am

Personally I think Overdrive is excellent, and completely disagree with Marianne about the album (City). It is much better than ok! For me it's the best album of the year. It contains some really memorable tracks (In It For The Money, It's Rock & Roll and Don't Call Me Baby are the best 3). If you like good synth music with great hook lines, then I recommend it very highly!
And finally...Vince Clarke started DM. No VC=No DM. Comprendez? :cool:
JSJ

Postby DMODEGUY » Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:48 am

Hey thanks for the comments I will have to probably get it when I get a chance I was just surprised that I had'nt heard much about it thanks again
DMODEGUY

Postby mannONE » Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:08 am

client is nothing special, it's like future pop with no soul, check out fairlight children if you wanna hear how that style should be done, no offence to fletch, but i don't like having some average band forced down my throat just because the guy in depeche mode that isn't involved in the music writing works with them.
mannONE

Postby Shred » Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:29 pm

I agree with all the other comments here on this thread & have the same opinion about the album, but I find myself playing Overdrive over & over again lately, probably just because its the only new and fresh decent DM-related material available right now. I wish I heard more of Martin's voice on the song though.
Shred
DMMB Veteran

Postby JSJ » Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:55 pm

mannONE wrote:i don't like having some average band forced down my throat just because the guy in depeche mode that isn't involved in the music writing works with them.

mannONE - obviously I respect your opinion (hope that goes without saying!) but with all due respect, no-one is forcing them down your throat! Opinions were requested by DMODEGUY and duly given, that's all. And just to set the record straight, the reason I personally like them is because of their music]did[/i] like like Client just because Fletch was their manager and no other reason, that's not being fair on Client, and doesn't say much for that person's ability to make their own mind up about music!

Shred wrote:I agree with all the other comments here on this thread

How's that possible? I really love it, Marianne thinks it's just "ok", and mannOne thinks they're "nothing special"... :icon_conf
And finally...Vince Clarke started DM. No VC=No DM. Comprendez? :cool:
JSJ

Postby Shred » Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:10 pm

yes I realized that :icon_eek: I meant that I agree with mannOne's comment completely and that the album is average, although Overdrive stands out. I love electronic music but Client needs more soul. The next time I DJ though, I'll be sure to include Overdrive in my set.
Shred
DMMB Veteran

Postby veganmaster » Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:41 pm

I think Client is easily above average, as far as popular music. Good synthpop, especially Love All Nite from the first album. I didn't end up liking the track with Martin on it though... he doesn't really sing much on it. Too bad if he'd sung it that would have been better.

On a related note, what's with Martin supposedly working with Madonna and the No Doubt idiot? from http://www.DrownedMadonna.com
Read sample poems from my book:
http://www.bruisedroseblossoms.com/
veganmaster

Next

Return to Martin L. Gore - Counterfeit2