Depeche in the movies and/or television

Discussion for Depeche Mode, and Depeche Mode related topics.

Depeche in the movies and/or television

Postby DME » Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:50 pm

If you see anything Depeche Mode Related in a movie ( old or new) post it here. Here's my recent ones:

Stepford Wives - In the beginning when the family relocates to Stepford, observe the boy's t-shirt. It's a World Violation t-shirt. However, the back says "Depeche Mode" real big which was not how the original t-shirt is. Wonder if it's a new one or a variation of the original.

Summer Lovers - This movie came out in 1981-82...not sure. If you watch this movie you'll hear "Just can't get enough" by DM. It is also on the movie's sountrack.

Anymore?
DME
DMMB Veteran

Postby modecollector » Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:26 pm

Found this list with google search,<DT>Image Summer Lovers (1982) <DD>Just Can't Get Enough <DT>Image Dangerously Close (1986) <DD>Stripped
A Question of Lust <DT>Image Modern Girls (1986) <DD>But Not Tonight (Single Remix, Video Version) * <DT>Image Bright Lights, Big City (1988) <DD>Pleasure, Little Treasure (Glitter Mix) <DT>Image Earth Girls are Easy (1989) <DD>Route 66 (Nile Rodgers mix) * <DT>Image Say Anything (1989) <DD>Stripped (Live version from 101) <DT>Image The Natural History of Parking Lots (1990) <DD>Never Let Me Down Again <DT>Image Bis ans Ende der Welt
(a.k.a. Until The End Of The World) (1991) <DD>Death's Door * <DT>Image Space Ghost Coast to Coast (1997) <DD>Home <DT>Image The Wedding Singer
(Volume Two of the soundtrack) (1998) </DT>
modecollector

Postby Ramón » Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:41 pm

First of all, sorry for my english. I´m from Spain and my english IT´S NO GOOD.
I can´t remember the tittles of the films. But here at spanishs channels I,ve seen a film, from the eighties that you could hear STRIPPED and A QUESTION OF LUST.
Another from 1997 or 1998 that you could hear a remix from Useless.
At a film called "Selena" from 1997 and interpreted by Jennifer López you can hear "Policy Of Truth".
At the tracklist from Resident Evil´s BSO, you can see DIRT interpreted by DM (no Iggy). But at the movie I couldn´t hear it.
At "2 fast 2 furious" or at "The fast and the furious" there was a rap-song or a remix (I can´t remember), were they used "Strangelove"
SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH!!!!!!!!!
Ramón

Postby DME » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:14 pm

Thanks guys. This is good. Gracias Ramon.

I'm starting to see DM shirts around more often. I guess vintage stuff is in so DM is cool now?
DME
DMMB Veteran

Postby packerspencer » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:41 pm

In the 1989 John Cusack movie "Say Anything" you can hear "Stripped" playing faintly at the high school graduation party when Casey is at the fridge and Joe comes in and says..., "Have sex with me."
packerspencer
DMMB Veteran

Postby mode83 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:09 pm

yep i heard most of those but a really great movie to catch is a British film starring the very foxy Anna freil its called "Me without you" and charts the relationship between two girls growing up during the punk days in england, there a great soundtrack and the best bit...in a nightclub during the height of the new romantic era,they play the whole of just cant get enough...and its very very loud, great film.
mode83

Mtv

Postby exciter1011 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:05 pm

Although not a movie...I believe you can hear the sample of Dream On in MTV Diary or whatever they call it....maybe one day they will do one soon for Depeche ...
exciter1011
ignoring the F.A.Q.

Postby double_elvis » Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:23 pm

DME wrote:If you see anything Depeche Mode Related in a movie ( old or new) post it here. Here's my recent ones:

Stepford Wives - In the beginning when the family relocates to Stepford, observe the boy's t-shirt. It's a World Violation t-shirt. However, the back says "Depeche Mode" real big which was not how the original t-shirt is. Wonder if it's a new one or a variation of the original.

Anymore?

I saw this too, but it looks more like they altered it to fit the child, hence it looks bigger than it was originally. some of it was cut, which looks like the work of a trainee film crew member... a fan obviously.
double_elvis

Postby Mute12BONG14 » Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:51 am

I'm pretty sure there was a DM song in the Resident Evil film, not sure though. Also hear JCGE and Dream On alot in the background on Eastenders, a fan there may be on set.....who knows?
Mute12BONG14

Postby Strangelover » Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:31 am

I just heard I feel loved instrumental on one of those MTV Diary/ whatevers. I dont remember which, but i heard it the other day. But I dont want to start a thread about this next item. VH1 is doing a spin-off show about th ebudding romance between Flava-Flav and Brigette Neilsen. I, Strangelover apologize for the name of the show in advance. And I would like it to be known that I have no affiliation with this show. The name of the show will be "STRANGE LOVE". *strangelover sobs in corner with his sullied name.
Strangelover
DMMB Survivor

Next

Return to Depeche Mode Related