Martin's solo

A forum for Martin's "Counterfeit2" project. Please post Depeche Mode threads in the Depeche Mode forum.

Martin's solo

Postby thepechy » Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:02 am

How do you think will Martin ever release a solo album with his own songs? Would you be interested in it? From his interviews I can conclude he isn't interested in solo carrer. As he said "When I made C2 I wasn't thinking about charts because I couldn't imagine C2 songs on radio. I am looking forward the next DM record."
thepechy

Postby EverythingCounts » Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:06 pm

I'm interested in anything Martin does. Albeit solo or with DM. Likewise with Dave. He is incredibly talented, and in my opinion, anything Martin is conected with is in itself is a work of art.

Thanks Martin. Can't wait to hear the new DM album.
EverythingCounts

Postby acinommoni » Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:49 pm

I think Martin will never write songs for a his solo project.
acinommoni
DMMB Elder

Postby blue_dress_ca » Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:46 am

I once asked my friend this question, and he said: if you want to hear Martin's album with his own songs, just pick up any DM record.
I thought about it for some time and I think I somewhat agree with that. Sure, Alan had huge imput into the music and Dave sang the words, but really Martin wrote and composed all the songs, then they were embellished by the rest of the band. So, it's kind of like, you still hear only Martin's own work, just slightly changed.
Especially the songs he sings himself, that's all him really - his voice, his words, his music.
I agree with my friend.
blue_dress_ca
DMMB Veteran

Postby Stellar » Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:40 am

I think if Martin wrote his own songs for his solo career, he'd be put into an awkward situation. I mean, how would he choose which songs should be for Depeche Mode and which songs should be just for him? Some people would probably say that he wasn't as committed to DM if he wrote songs for his solo career, although that would be unfair. Dave hasn't been put into that position because he never wrote any DM songs, but I think it could happen to Martin.
Stellar

Return to Martin L. Gore - Counterfeit2