being patient

A forum for Martin's "Counterfeit2" project. Please post Depeche Mode threads in the Depeche Mode forum.

Postby TURBO » Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:10 pm

DM wrote:It's such a cliché, but once again [thepechy], <!--StartFragment -->Depeche Mode is greater than the sum of its parts.

YES!! I am NOT downplaying Martin OR Dave's talents individually, because they are both amazing, but each on his own (in my opinion) does not shine as bright of a candle to the two together! One has what the other does not, (not as much OF is more like it, cuz I DEFINITELY dont feel like these two lack much) and therefore they complement and complete eachother. Musically speaking of course. :icon_wink NOT that this should mean that Mart OR Dave should NEVER do another solo project-I just think that if they can still work well together and enjoy what they have in one another, they should continue on as long as that fire burns.

Bottom line-I hope they do WHATEVER makes them happy, meaning solo projects OR Depeche (-OR BOTH), because if they are no longer happy doing what theyre doing, it will likely show through in the quality of their music. And that is a dissapointment I think most of us fans do not want to endure. So, let the cookies of talent fall where they may--although not as tasty as the whole cookie, the crumbs are still quite enjoyable! :icon_razz
TURBO

Postby Ilse101 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:52 am

TURBO

[b wrote:
Bottom line-I hope they do WHATEVER makes them happy, meaning solo projects OR Depeche (-OR BOTH), because if they are no longer happy doing what theyre doing, it will likely show through in the quality of their music. And that is a dissapointment I think most of us fans do not want to endure. So, let the cookies of talent fall where they may--although not as tasty as the whole cookie, the crumbs are still quite enjoyable! :icon_razz [/b]

Well said :D
Ilse101
DMMB Elder

Postby Rhianna » Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:20 am

DM wrote:Better than nothing Rhianna.
To me his face expressions while watching the video give me the impression that there is more than he can actually say in a positive way. Some things are not quite clear yet. At this point we have to take it for whatever it is...news. Hopefully on Monday will get to hear more.

I am aware of the "better than nothing" attitude being good news to many fans. I used to have this attitude concerning DM. However, with the change in stability that questions Mode's ongoing career as a group, I think we deserve to know more. This is different in my opinion. Many of us question if there will be another album at all. Though, as well all know, Depeche has never been a group to address their fans much, so we take what we can get.

I think when something as talked about as the next album happening or not has been going on for what... over a year?... (since Dave's solo antics) ...we should get more information than just "it's possible." We've known this for a while now. In fact, it's all we've known.

It's a no-win situation with news right now because Depeche Mode is not working as a group. There is a conflict within, which I thought might have been settled by now. Obviously, it has not. I think that is my main disappointment. And I know this is of no one's fault in particular.

And so goes the wait...for NEW news, which cannot be expected if the members thoughts are not working together right now. The only positive thing I see of this is that Martin has addressed the fans. Even if he doesn't have much to say just yet, he gives us what he can, which is all we can expect.
Rhianna

i think

Postby srntyinthenght » Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:37 am

:icon_frow its really hard to hang on to hope. i will of course, what dm fan wouldnt, but with all that has been said i think another album may be hard to make. with ego flying and jealousy raging anyhow.
srntyinthenght
DMMB Member

Postby Rhianna » Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:19 am

DM wrote:
Rhianna, all we can do is wait and see...hope for the best, whatever that is.

Yep, that is the bottom line.

@Ilse101 - Nice avatar. :)
Rhianna

well well well

Postby srntyinthenght » Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:32 pm

isnt it funny that at the height of our fears...comes a soon to be announced announcement? the guys are doing a great job of hyping this thing up. they are good business persons as well as musicians i guess. im glad there is something to look forward too :icon_wink
srntyinthenght
DMMB Member

PreviousNext

Return to Martin L. Gore - Counterfeit2